1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Black Note in MN

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Tyecko, Mar 24, 2014.

1. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Savant (360) Minnesota Oct 27, 2010

I ended up buying 100 bottles. All for my dog.

opwog, hardy008, GeezLynn and 2 others like this.
  2. GeezLynn

GeezLynn Advocate (500) Minnesota May 10, 2009

Oh, I buy my dog Black Note and most every other limited release he hears about, but you don't see me posting about it. Larry Bell has no clue how much of his work is being lapped out of steel bowls.

josephwa, hardy008 and mkhartnett like this.
  3. I think we should give Larry Bell a little cred here and thank him for the beer. My dogs are not gonna be licking up his beers and the Black Note I was lucky enough to get I have been sharing with my friends. For some reason we got the release here first and that might be because the distributors screwed up and we may not get much of their future rare releases. I'm not sure if we got the release because we are a very loyal Bells state and lick up every bit we can. But let's have a little respect and be happy that for once we in MN got a REALLY good beer here first when it usually doesn't happen. Have some respect for Bell's and maybe we will get some releases before others do in the future. I know it benefitted me although it wasn't like I got a billion bottles but this is good beer and we should be happy we got any.

Edit: And what I got I already drank with my buddies. Beer is a commodity to be shared and not hoarded.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  4. After reading the whole thread... my sarcasm meter was very uncalibrated.

KarlHungus likes this.
  5. Djsaturn1

Djsaturn1 Savant (420) Minnesota Dec 12, 2012

Still have one in my fridge if you are into barleywine.

McRyan, theCoder and ToadiesForCody like this.
  6. repivk

repivk Zealot (95) Minnesota Dec 8, 2012

Red lion liquors in Burnsville should get some today. Follow me on twitter @redlionbrews to find out exactly when!

LightSaber likes this.
  7. theCoder

theCoder Savant (340) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

I think I just saaw some oracle the other night at Cellars Roseville...I've never tried it. Have to see if I was dreaming it or not when I stop by there next to pickup some to try.

8. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (475) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

It was bottled in August. Just saying it may have faded a tad:)

9. pillzsix

pillzsix Aficionado (150) Minnesota Mar 21, 2008

Four Firkins $1007.99

10. theCoder

theCoder Savant (340) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

OH wait, heh checked my beer check ins and I have had it, yup musta left an impression...

11. JMN44

JMN44 Aficionado (165) Minnesota Sep 19, 2013

Ha! The FF future allotments for rare beers will always be about 10 bottles short since they will be already reserved for the big spenders.

12. All gone/spoken for in Rochester.

13. McRyan

McRyan Savant (255) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Called Central Ave Liquors to see if they got any in. The guy on the phone said you can only buy it if you are on their loyalty program. I have been going in their for over a year and have never heard of the program...

14. They did something similar with backyard rye.

15. hamham

hamham Aficionado (170) Minnesota Oct 26, 2011

never realized central ave was run by jason alvey.

16. AndrewPalmer

AndrewPalmer Savant (310) Minnesota Jan 11, 2013

Does anyone know if anymore of this is around still or yet to be released at some places, just looking for a case or two....I only kid. Trying to find a 4 pk.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  17. Most stores have been selling it by the bottle - 1 per customer, and are sold out within a couple of hours. Good luck!

18. AndrewPalmer

AndrewPalmer Savant (310) Minnesota Jan 11, 2013

That is what I am unfortunately running across. Fingers crossed! Today I missed some by 15 min. I sure wish I didn't have to work somedays

19. nograz

nograz Aficionado (210) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

It could be a drive, but I would check with Cashwise in St Michael, Clearwater or Waite Park. They got it in yesterday and may just be remote enough to still have it. Give them a call, St. Michael held some for me and the manager at the Corborns Liquor store in Albertville said the other two locations would hold it too if you call. Only one bottle though, but St. Michael and Clearwater aren't "too" far from one another.

From what the manager at the Corborn's liquor store said, those would be the only Cashwise stores to get it since they made the cut for selling enough of Bell's beer.

20. McRyan

McRyan Savant (255) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Hmm weird, they didn't do it for regular BCBS.

21. I heard some stores will get it next week. Who knows?!

22. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Savant (340) Minnesota Jul 15, 2008

SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN.

23. JMN44

JMN44 Aficionado (165) Minnesota Sep 19, 2013

Some smaller stores only get Bells deliveries every other week.

24. Saw this, and was confused. Read through the FF thread, then saw this again and then I laughed. *golf clap*

BeerGoogler, SipIt and McRyan like this.
  25. MNBEERFAN

MNBEERFAN Zealot (95) Minnesota Nov 11, 2012

Edina liquor on Vernon had some as of about an hour ago. 2 bottle limit $6.99/per.

26. HoudiniRN

HoudiniRN Savant (315) Minnesota Feb 28, 2014

Pats Tap is out... Anyone else seen it on tap recently?

27. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 Advocate (540) Minnesota Mar 27, 2013

Eden prairie near rainbow has 3 bottles left

2 bottle limit 5.99

28. TboneRN

TboneRN Savant (355) Minnesota Mar 30, 2014

Does anyone have a leg up on where this might end up on tap next?!