1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Blend Love Release

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Shmeal, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Shmeal

Shmeal Savant (495) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Anyone going to this? I'll definitely be there, but will be slightly late. Also, for those of you who have tried Fantasia Five, what did you think of it?
  2. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (475) Oregon Aug 28, 2009

I'll be in line when the doors open. If it's crowded (and I expect it will be), I'll probably just take my bottles to go and open one at home. Haven't had the Fantasia Five but I'll be sure to grab a bottle if any are left. I'm betting it's a winner. I know what you look like so I'll introduce myself if I'm still around when you show up.
  3. Shmeal

Now that I think about it, I've actually had Fantasia Five before at Apex. It was good, but I definitely couldn't tell that the base beer was Five. Completely transformed by the barrels.
  4. I'll be there Sam, probably at or near opening time. While I have liked most of the Sole Comp beers, I am not a fan of the Fantasia Five, but I have talked to others that have disagreed with me. I am looking forward to the new Saison du Bloget bottles being released today though.
  5. hopsbreath

Saison du Bloget description:
    Saison du Bloget is a blend of single cask versions of the 2011 Monk and Mingus and Todo Modo, both well hopped beers made with different hop varieties and yeast strains, then aged in their respective wine barrels for 10 and 5 months. The two came together to make a super dry and snappy beer with light brettanomyces notes in the nose. Part of the brewery's unofficial tribute series, this one goes out to Corey Blodgett who always collaborates with us each year on the Monk and Mingus.
  6. We are swinging down for the release from seattle so I'll see you all there.
    I have a BWXIII with me too in case anyone wants to trade a bottle for something if you didn't manage to get up to Seattle.
    Message me if interested

Oh and does anyone know if there is any fantasia left? I'd love to grab a bottle.
  7. Mahlik

Mahlik Aficionado (245) Oregon Aug 21, 2010

I'll be there with a fellow BA who came down from Seattle. I'm leaving work early and getting there right before they open.
  8. Mahlik

I'm pretty sure the only place in town that has Fantasia bottles for sale is Apex. They're gonna cost you $30 though. I had to grab one last weekend for my Beatification trade next week.
  9. That's the 'to go' price right?

10. Shmeal

Correct. $30 bucks, you can drink it on site or take it to go.
  11. hopsbreath

A bit of information for anybody visiting Upright for the first time: They're cash only so plan ahead to avoid ATM fees. If you don't plan ahead though, there is an ATM upstairs according to their FB page. Same tip for any out of towners swinging by Apex for some Fantasia, they're cash only as well.
  12. landhoney

landhoney Savant (290) Florida Apr 19, 2007

Is their Gose or Oyster Stout still available at the brewery?
  13. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

I believe both are still available, at least they were when I was there on Tuesday.
  14. landhoney

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to those as well :)
  15. tcampbel1

tcampbel1 Aficionado (225) Oregon May 17, 2010

I hate these afternoon releases. The best releases are weekend mornings.
  16. Mahlik

This just in: Blend Love is crazy delicious! I wish I bought more. I believe this is my new favorite Upright beer ever.
  17. Anyone do a side by side of this with its previous Sole Composition iteration? I love the original beer.
  18. hopsbreath

Great jam flavors on this beer but a little gummy and heavy in body. A little time in the bottle should allow the bugs to eat through some of those leftover sugars and bring the carbonation up to an appropriate level. A drier finish will be appreciated also. The flavor is spot on though. I'll be opening another bottle in 2-3 months.
  19. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (215) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

Did this beer sell out on Friday?
  20. tcampbel1

tcampbel1 Aficionado (225) Oregon May 17, 2010

It is sold out.
  21. Tasted great. Some aging will definitely make it tastier ! I am going to cellar a few for quite a while.
  22. cavemanlawyer

The beer tastes great.

It seemed like poor planning to have the Brewvana Tour Bus showed up during the release. I had one glass and left.
    optophobia likes this.
  23. SERIOUSLY. The place was MOBBED and super hot. I had to get outta there pronto after a couple of drinks
  24. Shmeal

Yeah, I didn't even stay for a glass because the line went past the elevator. I just went home and drank one of the bottles I got. More fun sharing the bottle with a friend then drinking a glass in a room full of the beervana crew.
  25. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Blend Love: less than 3 cases on the floor at Belmont Station, $14.99/ea, 1/person limit
    optophobia and libbey like this.
  26. wow I am surprised this stuff is still around.
  27. Belmont Station was the first place to get the distributed bottles yesterday. (As far as I can tell.)
    optophobia likes this.
  28. Mahlik

I believe most of the beer stores should be getting their allotments this week.
  29. landhoney

Seems like as good a place to ask this question as any: How is the Bloget tasting? I have two bottles and cannot find any reviews/rates, wondering if its ready to go or needs time? Additionally, what was the approximate bottle count on the Blend Love? Thanks guys.
  30. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

They sold 100 cases at the release party, and sent roughly 25 cases out to retail. I'm not sure if they sent anything to Seattle of San Francisco, but if they did it wasn't much. All told, I'd wager it was somewhere between 1,500-2,000 bottles.
  31. Hmmm. I took a photo of the laminated 'stat sheet' at the Blend Love release.
    At the bottom it says: Total yield: 90 cases, 3 kegs
  32. landhoney

Thanks for the info!

And still interested in Saison du Bloget tasting notes?
  33. BillHilly

BillHilly Savant (390) Washington Oct 17, 2010

Julian has been talking a lot about the recent releases...can't wait to try them.
  34. I snagged a bottle at Sereveza.
  35. cavemanlawyer

Any more bottles of this around town?
  36. Not sure why on the BA site it says 118 Bottle... My bottles of Saison Du Bloget say bottle ___ of 150.
  37. landhoney

I have two, not sure on the other one, but I took a picture of one (looking at picture now) and it is bottle 19 of 118

Maybe when they got down the line they realized they had more? o_O
  38. I typed the notes straight from the info @ Upright. It says '118' because that's what the laminated sheet (and all the labels) said at the 3/30 release. I, too, am curious why some SdB bottles would say '___ of 150'...
  39. Sorry all. I Stand corrected. My memory thought they were 150.
    ALL OF MINE say __ of 118 .
    I have 5 and 85 and my wife got 6 and 90.
  40. Back on the subject of Blend Love...

As of 1:30pm today, there's a little less than a case of it, leftovers from an Upright event last night, here: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23534
    Also, among the five remaining Uprights on tap: De La Seven & Fantasia Five...

You're welcome! :)