1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bligh's News

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Prospero, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (610) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

2. wdeck9

wdeck9 Aficionado (175) Colorado Jun 24, 2008

Looks like Blighs wont be as easy to get as it was last year (and a $5 increase) - pumped for the new release anyways
  3. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

Wasn't around for the release last year. Will it be as hard to find in stores as Abyss is so far? My timing is horrible, gonna miss the Dec 9th release :( ill be in Kansas hoping to pick up some Old Backus from Free state tho ;) hope I can try those back-to-back
  4. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Tough to say. Last year people weren't aware of what it was. They tapped it for the first time at their anniversary, and there was a local press release, but it was on a lot of shelves for 2-3 weeks after the release.
    Then all of a sudden it crept into the top 100 and traders started going after it. It pretty much dried up almost instantly after that.
    Either way, I'm definitely going to try and grab at least a bottle or two to compare with the one 2011 I have left.
  5. Prospero

Sorry guys, that was me. I bought ~12 bottles to give away for Christmas gifts last year. :D (before I knew it was in top 100)

Seriously though, I had one when it first came out and thought it was so good I shopped around for more and it just sitting on shelves a ton of places with no bottle limits. Took almost a month to dry up.
  6. how far does distribution go for this one?
  7. Prospero

8. Domingo

Based on Dry Dock's other items, they'll probably have it at most of the major stores around town, but I don't believe it normally leaves the metro area.
  9. quirkzoo

quirkzoo Initiate (0) Colorado Jul 7, 2011

We get a very limited amount of Dry Dock down here in Colorado Springs, I think only 1 or 2 stores get stuff though. We got a decent amount of bligh's last year so I am hoping for the same. As Domingo mentioned it sat on shelves for a while here. I tried one bottle, loved it, and got several more in the following weeks.
  10. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (875) Colorado May 19, 2005

Rock Chalk, baby!

Bligh's should be around for a little while. Doubt they'll sell out by the end of the year. That 10 cases is in-brewpub only. More will be shipped around. And I think the price will be less than at DD, too.

I'm not sure if they (DD) will self distribute this one, or Western will take it (as with DD cans).
  11. ucsbmullet

ucsbmullet Savant (430) Colorado Oct 5, 2011

I don't think Bligh's will last long at all. The FB posts from Dry Dock today make me think it won't last but a few weeks.
  12. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (875) Colorado May 19, 2005

This is true. DD is striving to distribute evenly, which to me means they ain't got a whole bunch. We'll get a case...so was promised :confused:
  13. Prospero

Well consider this, a lot of Avery BA series are same amount (~180 cases) and they sell about 30-40 cases in about an hour with about 300+ people attending... all things considered with 50% more bottles of Bligh's than last year, I think it'll be around for at least a couple weeks.
  14. Domingo

I think you'll be able to get it if you look. The release the the brewery was only 10 cases and it took a couple hours to sell out of completely, although it was a 1-per-person limit. Still, luckily not too crazy and there should be tons (170 more cases) more hitting stores this week.
    I don't think it'll loiter on the shelf like last the 2011 managed to do, but I don't think it'll be one of those releases where everything is gone in one day and only 3 stores get it.
  15. ucsbmullet

Good to hear. Not sure if it will get down to the springs. Will give me a day or two to get up north and snag a bottle or two.
  16. Dry Dock Brewing Company
    We delivered the 2012 Signature Series Bligh's Barleywine to the following stores today...

Boozer's Reserve, Aurora
    Chambers Wine & Liquor, Aurora
    Cherry Creek Liquors, Aurora

CornerStar Wine & Liquor, Aurora
    Hampden Crossing Liquors, Aurora
    High Point Liquors, Aurora
    Jordan Wine & Liquors, Parker
    Libations Wine & Spirits, Foxfield
    Parker Payless Liquors, Parker
    Smoky Hill Village Liquors, Centennial
    Stroh Ranch Wine & Spirits, Parker
    Tower Landing Liquors, Aurora
  17. punkideas

punkideas Zealot (95) Colorado Aug 30, 2007

When are you going to deliver to Boulder?
  18. I have no affiliations with Dry Dock, I was just passing along their facebook post. I too hope it comes to Boulder soon though.
  19. ucsbmullet

Any make it down to Castle Rock, or further south? Bubbles?

Kudos to Dry Dock for posting where they're sending their bottles to.
  20. Not yet, but they are updating their Facebook. Expecting to see wider distribution today.
  21. Domingo

Chambers still has a bit left. I guess someone pre-ordered and bought a shit ton of it. That's one of those situations where a bottle limit is probably a good idea.
  22. ucsbmullet

Bubbles has it in. 16.99 no limit.
    SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  23. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

Bubbles and castle pines north are cashed out now.
  24. Going as fast as it arrives...
  25. Prospero

it's all over Denver now...

it's only going fast for the smaller stores
  26. I walked in to Bubbles at 230 and there was one sitting lonely on the shelf. It's now sitting with friends in my beer cooler.
    ucsbmullet likes this.
  27. Domingo

Heritage appears to be out even though they never made it to shelves.
    Hopefully people are buying these to enjoy and not just trading 'em all away.
    SalukiAlum likes this.
  28. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Savant (480) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Help! I need a bottle or two and wont be getting down to Denver til Monday. Anyone know any liquor stores that have some and that I can pay for over the phone? I also have a friend that may be able to grab them soone (just don't want him to have to front the money) Doubt this is possible but never hurts to ask. Can trade too.
    Domingo that is what most of these people in this age of craft brew are doing unfortuanately, buying/muling and trading/selling.
  29. Domingo

I don't doubt that a lot of these buyers are trading them away. The guy that almost single-handedly cleaned out Chambers apparently even said as much when buying them.
    When they said they only had a few left, I actually ended up buying only one bottle just so some other people would have a crack at it. Having tried it on tap on Sunday, I can't wait to pop a bottle next week.
  30. narayan

narayan Aficionado (170) Georgia Jun 28, 2007

I'd like one for myself and one for a friend, looking iffy at this point.
  31. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

More stores got it today

CO Liquor Mart
    Denver Liquor Galaxy
    DTC Wine & Spirits
    Joy Wine & Spirits
    Lyon's Den Liquor

Almost all in DTC area
  32. Prospero

Guys they are still distributing it, so chances are still high. I *presume* they are delivering to North Denver (Thornton/Westminster) today and they have said Boulder is tomorrow.
  33. Prospero

Those were delivered yesterday.
  34. HRCam

HRCam Aficionado (115) Colorado Oct 14, 2008

Well guys. No need to stop at Heritage (centennial) I just picked up the last bottle about 30 mins ago. They had them in the back 1 bottle limit and I had to ask the guy.
  35. Steasy66

Steasy66 Savant (310) Minnesota Feb 23, 2012

Has this/will this hit Boulder? I have a buddy at CU that I was hoping could pick a few up for me.
  36. Prospero

Tomorrow, 4-posts up ^^^^
  37. Alpar

Alpar Savant (385) Minnesota Apr 13, 2009

Who wants to trade me some :)
  38. Domingo

LOL, I think they're telling everyone that. I got the same story at 10:30 this morning.
  39. That's odd...yesterday it was a two bottle limit
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  40. patFC320

patFC320 Zealot (75) Colorado Mar 18, 2012

Alpar- what do you wanna trade?