Bligh's News

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Prospero, Nov 28, 2012.

1. bitromp

bitromp Zealot (90) Colorado May 23, 2012

More today

Alameda Liquor Mart, Denver
    Highlands Wine & Liquor, Denver
    IP Liquors, Aurora
    Lighthouse Liquor, Golden
    Toast Wine & Spirits, Denver
    Vern's Liquor, Wheat Ridge
    Water Tower Liquor, Arvada
    DaveCo Liquors
    Mile High Wine & Spirits
    Total Beverage - Thornton
    Keg Liquors
    Bear Valley Wine & Spirits

DaveCo has a 1 bottle limit

2. Went to Lukas and Jordan and neither had Bligh's.....

3. Lukas usually saves the limited releases for the weekend...check their blog tomorrow and it will say when

4. They did not do this for Bligh. I walked in there Tuesday and got a bottle. There were 2 left when I got mine so I'm sure they're out.

5. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

How did Chambers get cleaned out by one person? They had a three bottle limit.

6. I stand corrected. I'm surprised they didn't announce it

7. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

They didn't seem to have any limit on Monday or Tuesday. The girl at the register told me that one guy pre paid for multiple cases and he was planning on trading most of it. I bought their last display bottle (for the moment) but she said they could get me more from the back. My guess is that they probably added that limit when they started drying up. Kind of like Heritage going from 2 to 1 overnight and "selling out" a few times in one day.

8. I bought 4 total, and plan on drinking all 4 (over time). This hoarding-for-trading crap is starting to get out of control.

9. Domingo

Ditto. I bought 2 at DD on Sunday and 1 each at Chambers and Heritage. I figure I'll probably down 2 of them before 2013 and sit on the other two for a while. I've still got one 2011 left, so I'm interested in doing a comparison at some point.

seanmonaghan13 and ssteigerwald like this.
  10. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Not only trading, but they are having people from all over the US pay pal them money then buying up as much as they can. I'm all about beer advocacy, sharing and trading but there becomes a point in my mind where enough is enough. Keep some for the locals and/or the poor people like myself that can only buy a bottle or two every few weeks!! But at the end of the day, it's only beer :) but Colorado beer!!

alexipa and Domingo like this.
  11. SalukiAlum

The idea # of Bligh's for me would be 3-4 bottles for myself and 3-4 bottles for trades/friends. I'm up to 2 :)

12. We are like long lost beer brothers. I'm in the same situation; bought 2 at DD, bought 2 at Lukas and have 1 2011 left for a side-by-side. :) I had 6 in 2011 and either drank or gifted (1 to my brother, 1 to my Dad) all of the others.

13. Same here. Bought two on at Dry Dock on Sunday. Then one at Parker Payless & one at Cornerstar. Also have one 2011 left.

ssteigerwald likes this.
  14. We are all brothers!

15. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (455) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

That's so cute.

seanmonaghan13 and ssteigerwald like this.
  16. I got my two bottles at DD, BUT in a twist, I brought my 2011 that day so that we could do our side by side right there. Still have one of those left for the 2013 release.

17. Why did I not see any of you at DD on Sunday?!?!

18. Us downtown dwellers don't like driving to Kansas

ssteigerwald likes this.
  19. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Interesting. I bought it there Monday early afternoon and was told that they had a strict 3-bottle limit.

20. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Staff training is a lost art in the liquor store world, unfortunately. We need more dedicated bottle shops to get access to the exclusive stuff and run these kinds of releases with a higher degree of integrity.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  21. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

Truth

22. alexipa

alexipa Savant (420) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

Any news on Boulder? I'd like to try this but I'm not going to kill myself over a bottle.

23. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (470) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

We were laying low in the back room, near the fireplace. Tyler, thanks again for sharing the '11.

24. Ah, I was at the bar with my wife.

25. I was hoping to head down today to get some Blighs, but its looking like it'll be tomorrow. I hope there's still some left somewhere.

26. I was there standing in line at about 10:40AM I got my two bottles had a glass on draft then headed out by about 11:30 or so. Quick day unfortunately as I could not stay too long.

27. FYI - Lukas just announced they have some for the usual Saturday @ 2PM release.

28. Domingo

I was actually thinking Dry Dock was going to be selling more than the 10 cases they alotted, so we didn't end up making it to D.D. until around noon. I got paranoid when they started posting pictures of the line :p. Sat over by the TV's (across from the brewing area). I don't think they ran out until around 1 or 1:30, which isn't too bad.

29. quine

quine Savant (260) Colorado Feb 15, 2011

Liquor Mart and Hazel in Boulder both have it, 2 bottle limit.

alexipa likes this.
  30. Ok, checked out Parker Payless and they were sold out as well. Didn't think it would be this hard to get two bottles of it. Looks like one of my brother's is getting some homebrew this year for Christmas!

31. Picked up two at Hazel's tonight. Gotta ask for it, not on the shelves.

32. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

I am blown away, and also so happy for DD that it is this popular. Me and the wife and kiddos were there for Bligh's Day, got our 2 bottles, then picked up 4 more from Chambers on Monday. (Called ahead. They said 4 was the most they would sell me.)

I have 2 more coming. But understand, only 2 total are for me. The rest are going out as part of trades, or to great trading partners. A couple are going to SUPER solid folks that have blown me away...but they are going with a kicker. I am sending care packages including a bottle of Bligh's B2 and 2 of the small DD snifters to go with it. I think it is a MONEY combo. The first one arrives tomorrow. Will post after I get the reaction.

Penguin3200 and SalukiAlum like this.
  33. alexipa

alexipa Savant (420) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

Got a couple at Hazel's as well, I'm drinking one right now to celebrate a raise!

It's pretty good stuff. Nothing mind blowing, but a pretty solid beer.

34. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (455) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

DTC Wine & Sprits had a three bottle limit on it.

35. saw 2 on the shelf at Chambers tonight as of 6pm

36. SalukiAlum

Anyone know where I can get a bottle in Denver today?

37. Mayfair still had 5 bottles last night. Keg Liquors got their shipment but wasn't out for sale as of yesterday (around lunch). They didn't have it in their system yet so they probably still have some.

Of course now that I listed those places they will be out in 30 minutes. Better get going!

SalukiAlum likes this.
  38. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

There is a lot to go around, Argo still had it 2-days ago with their 2-bottle limit... even more stores delivered to yesterday:

I know it's limited but it shouldn't be hard to find for most people unless you wait another week. A lot of the larger stores, definitely got larger quantity of them.

39. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Hazel's has plenty as of last night, Liquor Mart down to 2 earlier today. Just call ahead - easiest thing you can do.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  40. bitromp

bitromp Zealot (90) Colorado May 23, 2012

Liquor Mart is now out. Hazel's still has some available.