1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Bligh's News

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Prospero, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Was just at Argonauts picking up my brick and they had bottles still on the shelf.

Penguin3200 likes this.
  2. I had no trouble getting bottles up north today. Daveco and both total bevs seemed to have plenty.

3. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,040) Colorado May 19, 2005

We still have 17. I can save some, but you'll have to use the secret passphrase to pick them up: "These pretzels are making me thirsty". And you have to convince me (or the owner) that you really are thirsty.

4. Dammit, I knew I should have stopped in.

5. I got my bottle today. Has anyone cracked open a bottle yet? How's it drinking?

6. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (265) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

Drinking like a Quiznos sandwich.

Mmmm, mmmm mmmm mmmm...TOASTY.

7. spoony

spoony Advocate (545) Colorado Aug 1, 2012

If anybody is still on the hunt, I managed to pick up two at Argo today. Not sure how many were left.

8. Got two today at Lukas. Had probably 6-8 still on the shelf.

9. alexipa

alexipa Savant (445) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

Drank one last night. It's pretty good right now, but needs significant time to mellow in my opinion. I'd like some of the heat/whiskey to dissipate so I can get some of the other flavors.

I'll be aging my other bottle for at least a year.

10. I tried that with sucaba, not a year but the roasty flavors were absolutely dead by 7 months.

ArrogantB likes this.
  11. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (735) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Opened one tonight, it might be better than last year's. :cool:

tacosandbeer likes this.
  12. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (735) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

I have not had a good experience with aging barrel aged beers, they are already aged and you just lose most of the barrel flavors. Some people like it though, look at those guys who claim FW 10 is still great.

13. Yeah, I want to drink a barrel aged beer when I can taste the barrel.

14. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (335) Colorado May 31, 2011

Whoa, got a bottle today and I'm trying it for the first time, and all I can say is that this shit is delicious! I got a bottle of Sucaba last year, and frickin hated it (too estery). This is really smooth and drinkable, and has a great nose. I may have to get more; my wallet hopes that it sells out tonight.

ArrogantB likes this.
  15. Mebuzzard

I thought it a bit thin, maybe flat?

Still have a case on the shelf :cool:

coreymcafee likes this.
  16. just opened mine. agree with thin and light on the carb. we shall see where it goes but right now im not happy i paid 18$ for this

17. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (335) Colorado May 31, 2011

Yeah, not a lot of carbonation, but that doesn't bother me on a beer like this. It makes it go down easier.

18. just not meeting my expectations

19. alexipa

alexipa Savant (445) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

Man I'm glad it's not just me. Dare I say it was watery? It tasted like watered down whiskey put into a very good beer. I'm a bit bummed I bought two bottles.

20. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (325) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

I think it tastes just like last years did fresh, which I liked. Blighs is the beer that made me like barley wines.

21. Centennial

Centennial Savant (450) Vermont Nov 9, 2009

22. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Probably cracking my first bottle today or tomorrow. I had it on tap the morning or release day and thought it was great.

23. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (180) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Where at?

24. Mebuzzard

A little place called Grapes and Grains, at Colorado and Yale. Next to Pier 1 and King Soopers. We have a couple of goodies left that I'd like to sell....before I drink 'em :oops:

25. What other goodies do you have? I have first hand knowledge you have less Blighs on the shelf then you did last night :rolleyes:

26. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Drinking my first bottle now. Maybe a bit lower on carbonation, but it tastes fantastic.

27. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Savant (310) Colorado Apr 18, 2009

Drinking my first too. It is low on carbonation. But it doesn't take away form the great flavors. If anything it makes it dangerously drinkable!

28. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Just had a Bligh's and loved it!