1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

blind lambic tastings in perth

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by perthbelgianbeer, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

I can't come sunday as it's my birthday. That was the point :(

It wasn't a lack of missing out because it was full, it was the fact it was on the 26th :(

It's all good though!

2. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

It's official.

Lukie's got sour psychosis.

3. sirob

sirob Aficionado (170) Australia May 30, 2007

talked the 2 meter tall folk into letting me taste there 3YO sour when I was there 3 months back. It was not beer!! I would say salad dressing. Just acetic acid and not much else.

4. dansmcd

dansmcd Savant (425) Australia Dec 19, 2010

Great night. Thanks andrew for your significant efforts in putting it all on. Some interesting and complex guezes, loved the aged orval and thorogoods. glad to have got the opportunity to try so many rarities. cheers.

5. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (610) Australia Dec 29, 2006

What was on the table? It was a blind tasting for the rest of us so far as well...

6. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

Tilquin Oude Gueuze
    3 Fonteinen Oude Gueuze
    Haansens Oude Gueuze
    Timmermans Oude Gueuze
    Mort Subite Oude Gueuze
    Something from Boon without the Boon name I forget
    De Cam Oude Gueuze
    Girardin Oude Gueuze (which was tasting awful for some reason, I actually think it was a bad bottle).

Parrotshake and spicelab like this.
  7. MrKennedy

8. Luke that boon made beer is moriau, old defunct brewer recipe or something. I only heard about it in lambicland book,this is where i got the book you looked at https://shop.camra.org.uk/product.php?id_product=112

Might be cheaper on amazon etc though

9. Cheers dan and great to meet you. Beers not rare, just not on australian shelves currently. I just went onto bieres gourmet website to order those 8 guezes

10. Dansmcd, foles - would be good to catchup for a more casual beer having met u fellas at lambic tastings

am suggesting this sat nite sep 15 for a sail/monk/norfolk beer or few

that goes for other perth BAs i've known for a while - lukie, mordeciafunk, carlislewinebin, eric5bellies

plus other BAs i've not met - sinkas, hopswiller, who else have i missed? Anyways come one come all

flick me a beermail or email [email protected] if keen and ill flick u mobile # to meet up for a brew.
    cheers
    andrew

11. sinkas

sinkas Aficionado (190) Australia Jul 9, 2008

Probably a bit short notice, but Ill see what I can do
    can you ask Ant (baxters 72or whatever)

12. MrKennedy

Would be worthwhile asking ADZA too if he can make it. Top BA!

13. yeah definitely any perth BAs keen are welcome -- AZDA, sirob, anyone else I've missed?

Not looking like it'll be a big crew, I probably left it too late to organise... but there should be a few of us
    - otherwise you'll find me at the bar having a beer with Scott(noMates)

14. foles

foles Savant (420) Australia Jan 28, 2007

Another option is the Monk Oktoberfest on 22/9 (Saturday). Very keen on that.

15. Asking ADZA, ha!! He is almost a myth, never materialising out in public..... Don't think I will be able to make the 15th unfortunately.