1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Blue Hills Anniversary DIPA

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by MVP09, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (375) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Any see this stuff or know anything about it. Just picked some up. I have no idea except that its a DIPA from Blue Hills no ABV or description on bottle. Website has no mention of it

2. Here's a note from the brewery themselves, per this thread...
    http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/anniversary-double-ipa-blue-hills-brewery.56759/

To celebrate the 4th anniversary of Blue Hills Brewery in Canton MA, brewmaster Andris Veidis
    has debuted a Double IPA. Just released last Friday, it's been selling well at the brewery in
    bombers and growlers. The general public should expect to see it hit shelves of fine beer
    stores in the next few weeks. The stats: 8% ABV, 90 IBU, brewed with Goldings, Summit, Liberty,
    and Nugget, then dry hopped with Nugget.

3. MVP09

Nice sounds like a good one. Picked up 2 bottles at wines and more in Mansfield. I will be drinking one Sunday when PATS earn a 1st round bye after texans choke.

Trevdawg likes this.
  4. MVP09

Thanks for the thread link

5. Picked up a couple bombers from the brewery when it was released a couple weeks ago. It was great fresh so drink it ASAP. I hope they push more in this direction as their beers are getting better with each release.

BHBrewery likes this.
  6. MVP09

Best local DIPA under $6 for 22oz. Great job Blue Hills. It's fresh so that may be it but get them while you can if they are limited.

BHBrewery likes this.
  7. Glad to hear this is good and will try to pick it up very soon. I remember there was a thread a while ago about how these guys were not doing terrific stuff and in my experience they've been underwhelming. I'd like to think they're producing better beers across the board and will revisit the whole line sometime. The brewery is very close to my office and they seem like good guys, so I'd like to see them do well. The pricing at the brewery cannot be beat.

8. MVP09

They are getting better, not memorable, but better. They freshness sure helped. I've had black hops on tap and it always tastes like it lacks something.

9. I picked up a growler at Table and Vine for $8.99 the bomber was $5.99 so I said what the heck!

10. Picked one up and will report back tonight

11. wdarcy77

wdarcy77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Nov 27, 2008

12. It's meh not getting any citrus but its pretty balanced and drinkable.

13. i drank the whole growler during football yesterday, solid IPA, would not purchase again though

14. SenorHops

SenorHops Savant (385) Rhode Island Aug 10, 2010

Seeing it's from Blue Hills, I wouldn't expect much.

15. Thanks for the overall positive feedback. I appreciate hearing what people think, whether it's positive or negative. I take it all into account and will try to use it to improve. As for the DIPA, it's received very good reviews so far from people who have tried it at our tastings. Looking to try it on tap? Swing by the Toad in Cambridge, Sunset in Allston, Jacob Wirth (next week), or both Bukowskis. I encourage anyone who has not tried our beers lately to come by our 3x weekly complimentary tastings to try some fresh beer and see what we've been brewing lately. Thank you all again for supporting small local breweries and the employees who work hard every day.

jamvt and masterob8 like this.