1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Blue Lobster Brewing

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by mklisz, Jan 5, 2013.

1. mklisz

mklisz Advocate (505) New Hampshire Dec 31, 2010

Anyone else check this place out in Hampton, NH yet?

Talked to the brewer over a few tasters today and learned he brewed with Shaun up at Hill Farmstead for about a year. Only three beers on tap right now but they were surprisingly good and he was carrying in some port wine barrels when I arrived.
  2. Gmr75

Gmr75 Savant (375) Connecticut Apr 30, 2002

I tried to stop by this past weekend, but they were brewing and not taking vistitors. Someone came to the locked door to tell us this, and to point us to a bar down the road that has a couple of their beers on tap.

Went and had their pale ale and stout on tap and thought both were quite nice. I'd like to try some of these IPA's they've been talking about on faceboon.
  3. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

I really like what Blue Lobster is doing. I've driven down there twice from Southern Maine since they opened and plan on trying to get down there once a month. I could drink their Gold Claw pale ale all day.

I posted a pic of their Gales of November milk stout in one of the "What are you drinking now?" threads on here and they're using it as their Facebook profile pic at the moment, which is pretty cool.
  4. Yeah, I split a growler of the Gold Claw Pale Ale and another of Gales of November with a friend (whose sister picked them up for us) over Thanksgiving. First of all, I love the Gordon Lightfoot and Warren Zevon references they've used in the names of some of the beers. More important, I was very impressed by the Gold Claw, especially--very clean and floral, if I recall correctly. I'd love to try some of their other beers and have the Gold Claw again (and again). They've only been open Thursdays and Fridays since they opened, I believe, but according to their Facebook page, they got some more tanks in, and with the added capacity, they'll be open Saturdays starting at some point in February. That should make it a lot easier for me to visit.
    Gosox8787 likes this.
  5. I haven't been able to get up there yet but look forward to the day I can. Going to drive back with a car full o' growlers.
  6. cleeze

cleeze Savant (290) Maine Nov 24, 2008

anyone know if they fill other growlers or their times of business?
  7. cleeze

cleeze Savant (290) Maine Nov 24, 2008

i hear their stockholm is killer!
  8. natbarr

natbarr Zealot (85) New Hampshire Oct 8, 2012

No, they can't fill other growlers (NH law). Open Thursday 4-6 and Friday 5-7.
  9. I snagged growlers of the Gold Claw pale ale and Black Claw stout on Friday. Had a sample of the Stalkholm Syndrome wheat IPA, which was also very nice. Met the owner and brewer: great guys who know their stuff. Beer was priced fairly. BA wee heavy and 100% citra DIPA in the works - count me in! Of all the new seacoast breweries (Throwback, Earth Eagle, Great Rhythm, Blue Lobster), Blue has impressed me the most thus far.
  10. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (450) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

By far the best of the new breweries in the region (throw RiverWalk in the same group). Tried the Stalkholm Syndrome Wheat IPA and their Stout last Friday. Stout was great, the Stalkholm was fantastic. Blue Claw kicked just before I got there, but I plan to stop in again next time I'm in NH.
  11. Lukaduke

Lukaduke Aficionado (160) Maine May 22, 2012

Great Beer, Good People... that is all.