1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Blushing Monk: What does it take

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by jegross2, Dec 9, 2012.

1. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

I'm interested in the july 2011 release. I never tried this, and I really want to. What does it take to get done?
  2. Will trade for walez
    pschul4 likes this.
  3. jegross2

Out of wales, but do have ales
  4. codysjb

codysjb Savant (400) Florida Jun 16, 2010

I haven't seen it trading a lot but I'd assume some semi-limited BA beers should pull (BCBCS, a couple KBS, ...). I do see it lumped into the regular, FT:Bolt Cutter, FMB ISO:The other Backstage series beers, ISO's from time to time but I doubt anybody's letting go of Blushing Monk for FMB or Bolt Cutter.
  5. jbck109

jbck109 Savant (320) Michigan May 30, 2010

It is drinking great right now, I was not a fan fresh, but tried one yesterday and it was awesome!
    JohnB87 likes this.
  6. kort27

kort27 Aficionado (240) Illinois Apr 23, 2009

I just let go of one for two Twilight of the Idols. $4$ was dead on.
  7. It takes beer, probably $17 worth.

This is a recent distributed release from a less-than-obscure brewery. For as much as you have been trading, Jeffrey, this shouldn't be difficult for you. Just post an offer on ISO:FT and see where it goes.
    abecall98 likes this.
  8. jegross2

Nate: Must be a venn diagram issue cause I had offered up stuff like BCS Coffee, multiple KBS, Icarus and what not to no avail. Hmmm
  9. There are zero threads on BA created by you with the words 'Blushing Monk' in the title, body, or any of the replies other than this one, so where exactly are you making these offers that nobody is accepting?
  10. kpar

kpar Zealot (95) Michigan Dec 26, 2008

I was able to get 1 for a BA Boris this summer. Recently I traded BA batch 9000 for 2 blushing monk as Xmas gift for my girlfriend. It took me a few attempts to get any offers. Good luck.
  11. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

I traded some fairly easily obtainable beers for this, and I traded it in person. Not sure it takes "Whales" or why it would be hard to get. Of course that trade was with MarkIntihar, and he then killed me with an awesome extra (when I thought I'd show up with great extras for him)

Bottom line, trading is all about winning and losing, and I lost that one because the beers I received were better than the beers I gave.

Honestly though... I think I gave him 3-4 bombers, and I have no idea what they were now. The agree upon trade was 1:1 though, and the 2-3 other ones were supposed to be extras.
    Beerontwowheels likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

I traded a Sucaba 1:1 for a bottle about three months ago.
  13. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

These were on shelves in Chicago, so other shelf beer?
  14. Skye1024

Skye1024 Savant (320) Indiana Oct 3, 2009

Traded a Cascade Blueberry for one in the summer.
    skipanoka2 likes this.
  15. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

Jeez, talk about jumping to conclusions- did you even bother to check the classifieds section of his local newspaper?
  16. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Trades with Intihar don't actually count towards the final tally of beer value.
  17. smurfbeer

smurfbeer Savant (275) Wisconsin Jan 3, 2008

I was the recipient of the BA 9000 and was very happy with the trade. Thanks again!
  18. A couple pages of Playboy?
    ADTaber likes this.
  19. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

I've got a line out looking for this and CBS for BCBCS, KBS '11, 2x BCBS '12, and 2x Black Note. No bites yet. Wondering if I bit off more then I could chew by trying to snag CBS as well...