1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BobZ is an amazing BA!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dachshunddude86, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I know these threads are usually reserved for the trade forum, but no trade went down so its going here for all BA's to see. Bros if this needs to be moved please move it, i just want to make sure an awesome ba gets the recognition he deserves.

I don't know why, but the other day BobZ sent me a message with two requests: 1) my shipping info 2) don't ask any questions. I then get a follow up message with a tracking number. And then I came home today to find these on my front door step:

[​IMG]
    image by dachshunddude86, on Flickr

I have no idea what I did to deserve this or how I can repay this random act of beer kindness, but I will try my hardest to keep my beer karma square and send him back something in return. Tonight I raise my glass to BobZ and I encourage all of you to do the same!

PS- BobZ I now have your shipping info. Your porch is getting covered in snow today, but it will be covered in beer soon enough ;)
  2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Good gobble d gook! I'm definitely going to raise a glass of something to BobZ. Time for me to hit the cellar...
  3. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

You're the man Bob! What an awesome box!
    creepinjeeper likes this.
  4. Beer Karma and BA'S always impress me
  5. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

REPORTED:

For being awesome! Way to go BobZ!
  6. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (935) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Very cool. Recently jzeilinger did a very similar thing for me, sending Nugget Nectar and other great beers. I love this place and the people that make it so great!
  7. rodlavers

rodlavers Savant (410) Pennsylvania Jun 20, 2012

8. Same here. That's awesome Bobz, cool for you for doing this man! To the OP. Beer it forward homie!
  9. jzeilinger was one of my first trades(not that I trade much) and I think I may send him some Hoponius Union again as he loved that beer.
  10. If you poured all of those stouts into a punch bowl and served it at a party with a ladel that would be epic...
  11. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

Class act. BA at its finest!
  12. kingofhop

kingofhop Savant (430) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

BobZ---early frontrunner for BA of the Year 2013.
  13. Beer it forward with everyone in this thread right now. Seriously. Beermail me if you want in. I want to keep Bobz's mojo flowing. Additionally, I think "spontaneous-beer-it-forwards" needs to start happening on this site; where someone just announces it because they are struck by the moment and then it happens.

Everyone agrees to send one beer that they really want to share with someone else. You can send as much or as little as you'd like. Send a beer that you absolutely love and want others to share the joy of. Beermail me if you want in. I will start it and send the first brew. The last person to get in on it will ship to me to complete the circle. I will close it down when I feel like enough people have gotten in on it.

Full disclosure I have never organized a beer it forward, and I am not really sure how it goes, but I think what I have proposed above is close enough.

PS: I'm in the middle of a major blizzard so if I stop responding I probably lost power.
    creepinjeeper and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  14. There is a forum for that, but it never ends up being just a beer. I ran an LIF recently but haven't joined a BIF yet.
  15. Already got two. You gonna be three?
  16. Im sorry for asking in this thread but what are these bif/lif I hear about.?

Way to be bobz! We need more like you good sir...cheers
  17. Awesome move.
    I urge everyone to commit a random act of beer every once and a while.
  18. MisterGrizz

MisterGrizz Savant (280) Texas Jan 8, 2011

I had a similar package full of Heady Topper in it. Again, courtesy of TotallyHosed. This isn't the first time I've mentioned him tonight either... lucky bastard!
  19. creepinjeeper likes this.
  20. I am going to crack a pannepot in honor of BobZ. Having dealt with Bob before I can attest to the fact that he is truly a great beer advocate.
  21. Depends on timing, I have some boxes on the move and others I am still putting together. It is not a good idea to have too many going on at once.
    creepinjeeper and Providence like this.
  22. Less talking, more BIFing....
  23. BobZ is a paragon. You've inspired me man!
  24. PoopChute69

PoopChute69 Initiate (0) Poland Oct 24, 2012

What a stud muffin - I'ma send him some goodz
    match1112 likes this.
  25. kcp85

kcp85 Aficionado (190) Missouri Sep 7, 2012

The world needs more people like Bob. Always be kind to your neighbor. I think I'll drink one of my last 2012 Bigfoots tonight.
    dachshunddude86 likes this.

26. I think this is a great idea. If I were not poor as all shit I would get in on this.
    creepinjeeper, ESeab and VonZipper like this.
  27. Fuck that noise. You're in. You're the last guy in the list. We'll stop it with you. No need to send anything to me. I don't want anything in return. Beer mail me.
    creepinjeeper and VonZipper like this.
  28. Get in on this BIF
  29. Get in on this BIF
  30. creepinjeeper likes this.
  31. Get in on this BIF
  32. count me in, send me the details. i would like to only send since i have already received something fantastic out of the blue
  33. BobZ

BobZ Advocate (530) Massachusetts Jun 24, 2009

Ok, first, I would have to go a long, long, way to be as generous as you Doug. If anything, I was following your lead.

Second, I have always been blown away with the generosity of BA's with regard to the few trades I've done. I felt like it was time to drop a nice box on a deserving BA, from what I know of Matt he definitely fits that bill.

Third, I won the Avatar LIF, due to my awesome dog Molly, and wanted to do something to pay it forward.

And... finally.... I'm off beer until May (haven't had one since Jan 4th), not alcohol related as I've had some single malt, but "I've gotten way too fat, too fast, and need to change course" related and I want to hike this summer without wheezing and then having a stroke....:)

Thanks for all the kind words, but I'm just in the pack, there are many people in the forum ahead of me on the generosity front!
    ant880, Squidly, dcs1548 and 12 others like this.

34. Howdy

Your in box is full so I cant contact you. Please contact me to be in this BIF.

Thanx
    Enjoy
  35. Your box is full but I'm in
  36. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (375) New York Aug 1, 2012

37. MisterGrizz

MisterGrizz Savant (280) Texas Jan 8, 2011

Well, why not? This is my first time doing this. You sir, are a persuasive person. Send me details.
  38. You guilt tripped my noise...inbox full. Let me know the details and we'll see if I can pull this off.
  39. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

would make any stout lover drool. Props to BobZ!
    Bitterbill and dachshunddude86 like this.
  40. My wife was definitely drooling and I had a huge shit eating grin on my face as I pulled out bottle after bottle of black goodness