1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bolt Cutter in KY

Discussion in 'US - South' started by drfabulous, Nov 19, 2012.

1. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (250) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Anybody know if/when we'll see any in Lexington or will it be luck of the draw/right place right time kind of deal?
  2. Not yet but there are still 2x 4packs of Fleur at Shenanigan's...
  3. drfabulous

Yeah, I always say I'll gab Fleur, but I don't. Maybe my favorite of the GI saisons, and it is no more. Shenanigan's does have Stone Lukcy Basartd now. This is its second (and supposed last) release.
  4. In reality I think Beer House should be getting Bolt Cutter in stock at their warehouse today and we should start to see it this week.
  5. drfabulous

That's what I fear. A Thursday/Friday hit stores release.
  6. And Thursday is a holiday...places will probably be closed.
  7. Also be on the look out for Enjoy By.
  8. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

Just talked to beerhouse, they said it should be hitting shelves in Louisville tomorrow. Not sure about Lexington :)
    lilnicky068 likes this.
  9. phisigben

phisigben Savant (345) Kentucky Jan 8, 2009

Where is beerhouse? I just moved here about 6 months ago and I am still trying to find a place that gets beers like that other special releases
  10. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

Beerhouse is the distributor for Founders and alot of other great craft breweries here in Kentucky. As for stores, the Liquor Barns usually get all the Founders Backstage series and whatnot. Louisville beer store gets that stuff as well, and then some, also the best place for imports. Also check out Keg liquors across the bridge and check out old town liquors in the highlands.
  11. Nrcost2

Nrcost2 Savant (290) Kentucky Dec 3, 2010

Not trying to rain on any parades here but I had it on tap this weekend in Chicago and was really letdown. Pales in comparison to other top barrel aged barley wines I've had. Just one mans opinion though!
  12. mjweth2

mjweth2 Aficionado (140) Kentucky Jul 24, 2008

The Springhurst Liquor Barn got a case or so, $21.99 a bottle, one per person
  13. drfabulous

I was told Lexington gets theirs next week. However, I don't know if that is completely accurate. Maybe someone in the know has other news? I hope it's next week instead of during the holiday. Same for Enjoy By.
  14. lilnicky068

lilnicky068 Savant (330) Kentucky Jan 8, 2010

I'll pass on it for $22 a bottle
  15. I'd keep my eyes open for both tomorrow in Lexington.
  16. Party Town in Florence has it. $22.99 per bottle.
  17. drfabulous

If it hits tomorrow, I'm out of luck.
  18. Got 3 via my buddy in Louisville...Liquor Barn Springhurst had a 2 bottle/person limit.

19. Why is that?
  20. drfabulous

Out of town for holiday.
  21. Maybe some could accidentally get hidden for you in Liquor Barn if they're on the shelves.
  22. drfabulous

behind the olives?
  23. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

You're not missing much.
  24. Went by Hamburg LB about 1:30 and was told next Tuesday or Wednesday for Bolt Cutter.
  25. whodeyvols

whodeyvols Aficionado (165) Ohio Sep 2, 2012

As far as northern Ky along the OH river. Cork N Bottle has it in the back, you'll have to ask for it. The Party Source has it as well but will not be selling any untill they open at 8am on Black Fri, which is lame.
  26. Looks like you should be fine if you're back by Tuesday next week.
  27. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (600) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Got a case of it in at Shenanigan's in BG, but sold out already.
  28. Richmond Road LB has it aS of 11am. There are 9 left and they're above the KY Bourbon Barrel 4packs.
  29. JimDH

JimDH Aficionado (215) Kentucky Feb 7, 2011

Just one remaining at Richmond Road Liquor Barn.
  30. JimDH

JimDH Aficionado (215) Kentucky Feb 7, 2011

If anyone missed out I saw a number of bottles of Bolt Cutter on the shelf at Liquor Barn Hamburg moments ago. I didn't count but maybe a half dozen. Also Good Foods got some earlier in the week, but I don't know if they lasted.
  31. CSQ1111

CSQ1111 Savant (310) Kentucky Jan 10, 2010

Just for curiosity sake...What were these retailing for in the various locations mentioned?
  32. $22 or $23 in Lexington
  33. Liquor Barn Hamburg had about 10 new ones on the shelf last night.
  34. If anyone is still looking in Louisville, Shelbyville Rd LB and Whole Foods still have some on the shelf, both about $23.
  35. drfabulous

I think Good Foods still has them; Shenanigans had some as well. Shenanigans also had some Frangelic out the other day - if anyone still wants that.
  36. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (600) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

One left at Shenanigan's in BG