1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bone Yard Brewing an Aussie BA starts commercial brewery

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by sinkas, Aug 13, 2012.

1. sinkas

sinkas Aficionado (180) Australia Jul 9, 2008

long time member, but infrequent poster, BrendanOS has started "Bone yard" brewing with some geezers at Josie bones currently making some sort of blonde ale
  2. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

I'm sure he's aware of Boneyard brewing in Oregon, US?

Not that it needs to be an issue. Look at Cascade - we were first with that!
  3. Lukie

Lukie Savant (415) Australia Jun 16, 2007

FIRST BUT WORST!
  4. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

You won't get any dissent from me on that front!

Kind of funny to think that Cascade was my equal favourite brewery from my West Coast trip in February - tied with Boneyard.
  5. dgilks

dgilks Advocate (665) Australia Jul 14, 2008

So that's what I saw on Masterchef All Stars last night. I couldn't place the beer but didn't realise that it was a new beer from the Josie Bones crew.
  6. Lukie

Golden Ale. Brendan also did an Imperial Pilsener at Bridge Roads, I believe.
  7. Hey guys! Please excuse my absenteeism since the BA relaunch...

Yep we knew about the Oregon dudes when we committed to the name and it doesn't bother me. We're not so much a "brewery" as a "brewing company" - just rogue gypsies at this point.

The first batch of Golden Ale is in keg and will be on at Josie Bones in a few weeks. The second batch (keg and bottle) is conditioning in tank and should be available in a month or so. Will keep you updated.

The "Bar Series" brew with Bridge Road is an Australian Pilsner (not Imperial) and isn't too far off either. Will be available at the restaurant as well as few of the other "Bar Series" participants (so far include Beer Deluxe, Cookie, Local Taphouse, Wheatsheaf, Norfolk and a few others)

I look forward to brewing some of my favourite styles and hope that they turn out as well as they do at home!
  8. Lukie

Berliner-weiss directly into my mouth, please.

Josh concurs with my sentiments.
  9. Always rotating taps at Harts ...
  10. Cheers Scotty, will be in touch!