1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Boonville Beer Fest

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by bonercity, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Less than 2 weeks away. GET PUMPED!
  2. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

I was just getting ready to start a Roll-Call thread for this fest. So, not meaning to hi-jack, but who is going? Anybody camping and interested in a little bottle share?
  3. danscott

danscott Savant (300) California Jul 15, 2006

Are there going to be bros chugging 18 packs of Natty Ice while waiting in line to get in?

Because I love that shit.
  4. Hey man, ya gotta learn to walk before you can run.
  5. HighWine

HighWine Savant (320) Illinois Dec 11, 2010

Booneville is the best beer fest that I'll never remember going to.
  6. litheum94

I prefer mine out of a Camelback.
  7. We all know the only real way to do Boonville is to hook a huge PA system up to your truck battery so that everyone in the campground can "enjoy" the 9 hour dubstep playlist that you put together.
    huadog, AptosBeerDrinker and danscott like this.
  8. Never been to the Boonville beer fest but I imagine it being a shit show.
  9. Well, a few years ago I was camped next to an ecstasy dealer who had an inflatable swimming pool in his campsite. Around 4am he was trying to convince people to jump off his tailgate into it. When he didn't find any takers he just passed out on top of his truck. So yeah, you imagined it accurately.
    matedog likes this.
  10. mjl21

mjl21 Advocate (535) California Apr 3, 2008

Going to be 100 degrees on Saturday.
  11. Maybe I can make it up there next year. I want as great of a story as the one you just shared. haha
  12. goodbyeohio

goodbyeohio Advocate (670) Oregon Jul 13, 2004

LOL yeah and like 45 at night. Sunscreen and hats, shorts, water = OK.
  13. In Booneville?! Damn... 97 up here.
  14. Jesus, that weather is gonna be rough. Stay hydrated my brothers!
  15. huadog

huadog Savant (340) California May 13, 2009

I'll be heading out with a small crew again for my 7th year. I'll be bringing a few things along with growlers.
  16. goodbyeohio

goodbyeohio Advocate (670) Oregon Jul 13, 2004

They bumped the forecast down to 85... Sweet!
  17. pintplease

pintplease Zealot (90) Oregon Dec 20, 2008

Thanks, weather gods! Should be an excellent time, followed the next day by a boring 600 mile drive home. :)
  18. Gonna have to rage extra hard and pour some out for Jeff Hanneman this weekend.

Bahl Hornin
    largadeer likes this.
  19. Word.

Come by the Stone tent we'll be playin' all Slayer, all day. Introduce yourself, we'll toast Jeff.
  20. matedog

matedog Aficionado (185) California Jan 25, 2010

Going for my first time in celebration of my 30th birthday. I'm telling friends to show up at 11. Is that adequate? I'll bring some beers for post-6pm - Summer Solstice, whatever that Midnight Sun witbier is, White Chocolate, Bourbon Barrel Dipsea, Duvel Tripel Hop, and probably some Pliny for good measure.
  21. That was a good one! I really liked Ballast Point's Rum Barrel Aged Sea Monster (though drinking it on a day that hot was difficult) and Ava's Pale Ale from Pizza Port.

Any standouts for you guys?
  22. Not going to the Bro Down was the standout for me.
  23. litheum94

I really enjoyed all of Societes beers. Dust Bowl was great as well. Mill valley brewing company had a great beer with juniper and bay leaf. All in all, I thought it was a great festival, and hanging out at the brewer's camp afterwards was very cool.
    DJButters likes this.
  24. DJButters

DJButters Savant (310) California Jun 23, 2010

First time there and was helping out the boys from Societe. Despite the crazy steam room like environment.

IPA from Tahoe brewing was a standout for me.

Thanks to the guys from Port foe giving us a lift back to camp with the gear. Clutch!