1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Boston Monday

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by BeRanger, Nov 10, 2012.

1. BeRanger

BeRanger Member

Just wanted to ask some BA's what good beer bars are around Boston. I fly into Boston on Monday early morning with some co-workers and we wanted to kill some time in the city before heading out to Lewiston Maine for work for the week.

Any good spots? If someone is available Monday afternoon, I suppose I'm always up for IP trades if there is anything particular you are looking for from Michigan. I'm a big stout, sour and barleywine guy.

Thanks
  2. jbertsch

jbertsch Member

Hey man, I see you haven't received any replies. To be honest, i think the locals are just tired of answering this question. It comes up about once a week. If you search past threads you'll find lots of answers.

It also depends where in the city you'll be. The Cambridge area (other side of the river) has 3 popular beer spots within walking distance (Cambridge brewing company, mead hall, lord hobo), but if you want to stick to the other side, the best spots are arguably in the areas just outside the city, such as the Allston area where you can hit Deep Ellum and the sunset grill which are walking distance from another, and then a short cab ride away is The Publick House in Brookline....a favorite of mine. In Boston proper, you have places like Stoddards, Scholars, etc... Though I typically don't spend much beer geeking time down in Boston proper, so I'm probably forgetting a place or two down there.
  3. BrittEBurke

BrittEBurke BA Fest Captain

I second Cambridge Brewing company. Worth the cab or train ride.

If you're sticking to the downtown area, Stoddards is my go-to, but it is closed on Mondays. Across the street is jm Curley. They have a decent selection and really good food (and are open on Mondays). If you're looking for variety and you're a fan of German food, Jacob Wirth is downtown and has a big selection. The Tip Tap room is in Beacon Hill. Another place with great food and an impressive beer list.
  4. BeRanger

BeRanger Member

Appreciate it, I probably should have looked through before hand.