1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottle Count for Cascade Figaro?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by landhoney, May 4, 2012.

1. landhoney

landhoney Savant (300) Florida Apr 19, 2007

I know they said this was going to be a limited batch, and not distributed or online order, but any info on approximate bottle count?

Long story short, my buddy in Portland will be out of town the last two weeks of May, and back on the 2nd of June, wondering if they really release it at the end of May (they usually release on Thursdays, so that would be the 31st) if it will last until the weekend. :confused:

2. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Is this even going to be bottled? Granted, I haven't been to the barrel room in roughly a month, but the only new bottles I was told about was the upcoming Sang Noir.

3. landhoney

4. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

When I was there the other day and asked I wasn't told a bottle count but he did call it an "extremely limited release." He said exactly what the facebook post said and that they are not selling online or distributing and it is on site purchase only at the Barrel House or Racoon Lodge. We originally were talking about Blueberry running out so quickly and he told me that Blueberry was actually a limited release beer (which was news to me at the time since it was so easy to get). He then went on to tell me how Figaro is an extremely limited release. So whatever that means lol!

-Andy-

5. landhoney

Thanks Andy, looks like it might not make it to the weekend :eek:

(and Go Gators!, UF alum here :))

6. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I think their definition of limited release is a beer that doesn't go through their normal distribution channels. How many bottles of Blueberry were there, anyway? 750 or so cases?

7. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Vlad and Bourbonic were around 200 cases, so I'd put Blueberry in the same ballpark. Maybe less since it sold out a lot faster (though there are more people buying Cascade in PDX now.)

8. csano

That would make more sense. The 750 figure I was thinking was for the Apricot.

I remember Ron saying that he thought he had enough Blueberry to last six months. And they ran out, in, what, 5 weeks? Hopefully the Strawberry and Sang Noir hang around for as long!

9. LoPo87

I am pretty sure Noir will. The guy said there is much more Noir than Blueberry and Noir wasn't a "limited" release.

10. landhoney

So you think Figaro will at least make it until the weekend? (again assuming it is released on the 31st)

11. bfg75

bfg75 Aficionado (235) Washington Feb 26, 2011

It *should* last through the weekend. That said, more people are aware of Cascade now and using it for trades, so their brewery only stuff has started going faster than it did in the past.

12. landhoney

Also, assuming it does last the weekend, or he gets a buddy to go on release day, what is the release situation like at the Raccoon Lodge? Do they get a good allotment or is the supply miniscule compared to the Barrel House? Thanks :)

13. bfg75

Just a heads up but Cascade posted to FB today to say this will no longer be released on May 17th. They haven't said anything about a new release date. Not sure what happened.

14. Tweet said that it is not ready.

15. landhoney

Hooray!! :mad::rolleyes:

16. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

it hasn't been ready for a year, this was supposed to be released last may at SF city beer store as a part of their 5th ann collaboration beers (along with the bruery wanderer, 5050 rouge baril, msbc open container). they got a keg of it even tho it wasnt ready, it was pretty tasty but very sweet (beat batch 2, framboise de armosa and the wanderer were on so it had some steep competition). hope time has done its duty

they had a cascade beer called live barrel "not to be named". now that beer was outrageously good.

eyebereej likes this.
  17. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (520) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Oh, the barrel that shall not be named? I think they had two barrels of it, and one was on tap here in portland. That was a good beer!

KevSal likes this.
  18. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

maltmaster420 and KevSal like this.
  19. landhoney

Have I missed any updates on this one, or have there been none?

20. Shmeal

no updates yet

21. Kelton

Kelton Aficionado (150) Oregon Sep 17, 2010

Hey Folks,

One of the Cascade crew stated that roughly 30 cases of Figaro were set aside for the Barrel House and the rest went to Cali. I didn't ask if The Lodge will have any available.

22. landhoney

Monthly check in on this, still no release date announced?

23. bfg75

Nope, it was on tap at the barrel house for a bit but no release dates yet for the Figaro, Strawberry or Apricot. Seems Cascade may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves with the announcement of all these June releases (so far they have all fallen through with the exception of Sang Noir).

24. csano

I saw somewhere that Cascade said that they will "be available in 2012". So, sometime during the next six months.

25. ggfunk

ggfunk Savant (280) Oregon Mar 29, 2010

Apparently Cascade just printed the labels for Apricot and Strawberry! So happy!

bfg75 likes this.
  26. bfg75

I've had this year's Apricot on tap and if the bottle is even close it's gonna be awesome. Probably in my top five sours and quite a bit better than the 2010.

27. I'm more excited about Strawberry. Only strawberry sour I've had without a diacetyl infection. Figaro is very smooth too.

28. LoPo87

I found it interesting that the weekly Cascade email mentioned Apricot and Strawberry but had no mention of Figaro like in past emails.

29. aedeos

aedeos Aficionado (150) Washington Dec 15, 2007

Strawberry may be dropping next week, with Figaro following soon after. Both will be out within 3 weeks, and I'm betting Apricot comes out same day as Figaro. Strawberry is looking to have its own release date, however.

30. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (690) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

And the source of your information is?

31. aedeos

I'd prefer not to say. But it's all from the barrel house/rac.

32. LoPo87

So do you know what the limit/price will be for Figaro?

33. aedeos

$21, two bottle limit, 40 cases at RAC and Barrel Room, it looks like.

Not sure on Strawberry, but I'd assume $17-18. No idea on limits.

34. any new news on the release of figaro and strawberry seeing as apricot was released on friday?

35. Still not ready, asked tonight.

36. thanx i personally am excited to try them both

37. I am honestly worried if the bottles aren't ready... since they've been in bottles since May... on tap they are pretty good. we shall see

38. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Bottles now slated to be ready before the end of August.

What are the odds it's a complete disaster at this point? 75%?

hopsbreath likes this.
  39. Shmeal

Over 9000

ggfunk, Sarlacc83 and LoPo87 like this.
  40. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

Someone set us up the bomb!

maltmaster420 likes this.