1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottle share at Pegs on March 8th-barrel day

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by BAstoutsNsours, Feb 9, 2013.

1. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

I'm planning to be at the Angry Chair event Thursday night, so I might pop in and say hello as well...
  2. Based on your avatar we will have lots to talk about. We have the same setup in our house and are brewing this weekend :)
  3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Shawn, if you can't find Matt, he'll be the one swearing loudly and passionately about something... Oh yah with a Gator Visor on.
    raymo55 likes this.
  4. Whoa, nice. I'll be down with a group on Thursday afternoon. We were already planning on stopping by the brewery, but this sounds even better. 7:30? Might see you guys with a few bottles.
  5. hoppy99

hoppy99 Aficionado (195) Florida Feb 28, 2009

Just look for the cheap cheese dip.
  6. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

What the Hell did i get myself into........ ;)

by this thread it seems there might just be a couple jokers in the crowd so it will be a blast!!
    raymo55 likes this.
  7. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

I don't know how some of you do it. Three straight days of tasting with (presumably) some heavy-hitting beers. That's some incredible endurance - cheers to all who go through such a feat. :)
    luwak and woodchopper like this.
  8. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (510) Florida Aug 10, 2012

Heatwave33, cfrances33, luwak and 4 others like this.
  9. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

Most of us are alcoholics, or alcoholics in denial...
    Deltoro and ATLhophead like this.
  10. sendsilk

sendsilk Savant (490) Florida Aug 31, 2007

Funny thing is, I've never FORCED anyone to eat it, yet lo and behold, it's empty after the end of every tasting!
  11. hoppy99

Haha, it has become legendary!
  12. sendsilk

Perhaps I'll bring several containers of my 'surprise legendary cheese(type) spread'!
    hoppy99 likes this.
  13. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

Sounds good... I have a batch coming out of the barrel tomorrow night that I was planning to have on tap Huna day at our homebrew club booth, however I think it needs to mellow for a few months... So I'm torn. I pulled a sample out last week and took it up to CCB and shared it with a couple of their brewers and they both agreed that it will impove (it's by no means bad, just super hot, it's almost 12% and there's no hiding it lol). I may still donate a couple gallons just for the sake of donating it, and then save the rest. This was intended to be a 10 gallon batch, obviously only 5 made it into the barrel and now I'm down to 3 gallons in a secondary fermenter, I think I might blend the two. If I decide it is worth sharing I'll bring some with me Thursday night if I can get it carbed up in time.
  14. Alright I will bring some homebrew in along with some other goodies. The girl with the short red hair is my wife and I will be close by. She's a brewer too and can bullshit and talk beer just like one of the boys. See you Thursday night.
    beernads likes this.
  15. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

some of us are professionals and we take our beer drinking seriously ;)

on the other hand alcoholics go to meetings I've never been the 1..... Iso a sponsor? :( after hunaphu weekend ;)
    luwak and danoeltico like this.
  16. jrcmlc

jrcmlc Savant (280) Illinois Aug 8, 2011

I'll have 4 bottles of batch 3 abraxas with me to trade as well as the other stuff I have listed in the huna spreadsheet
  17. ethanp

ethanp Zealot (75) Georgia May 14, 2011

I'm fairly new to BA and wanted to meet some other BA people in person. I will be making my first beer pilgrimage, coming from Atlanta (with some friends who enjoy beer, but aren't as into it as I am), and wanted to know about where to go Friday night. I hear everyone talking about "Pegs", but I can't tell if this is a full event or an event at all (informal meeting?). Also, how early should I line up at CCB to get my allotment of 3 Hunahpus? Like I said, this is my first time. You guys seem to know what's going on. One more thing...is it difficult to get the barrel-aged Hunahpus? I have read there are very very few. Thanks for helping a newbie (still in college and look forward to getting more involved in the BA community).
  18. sendsilk

FYI boys and girls, I posted a separate thread in the South Atlantic forum about the tasting at CCB on Thursday.
  19. anyone know if pegs has released the tap list yet?
  20. voxomkid

voxomkid Aficionado (135) Florida Jun 28, 2010

I have not been able to find any info on this at all.. Any links/info about what's going on Friday? Thanks!
  21. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

Ill be there with my dad at noon. We had two drop outs on our table reservation. If anyone needs a spot let me know. Bringing some beers to share as well. Hit me up via BM.
  22. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Some Facebook info:

Peg's Cantina & Brew PubFriday will run much like our previous barrel-aged days. CASH only, at the BAR. We're finalizing the taplist today; we'll post the tap list tomorrow. There will be at least 12 different barrel-aged beers tapped, & more Rare & RareR on tap than in the past. More info will come soon.

Peg's Cantina & Brew PubNo growlers of Rare D.O.S. or RareR D.O.S., but out of this world things have been known to happen at Noon.
  23. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

Driving in with a friend, probably won't arrive until 10pm. Really hope it lasts that long!
  24. jrcmlc

jrcmlc Savant (280) Illinois Aug 8, 2011

Anyone wanna guess what the "awesome" stuff at noon will be?
  25. MADPolo

Nooner?
    luwak likes this.
  26. Ravenacht

Here were some of my favorites from the previous Peg's Rare RareR release,

Cream and Sugar Please (coffee sweet porter)
    RareR DOS
    Rare DOS
    Wine Barrel Aged Stout
    Batch 200 (Barrel Aged Imperial Coffee Sweet Porter)
    Fast Breaker (Coffee imperial stout)
    Nooner Batch 1
    Sun Exploder (Rum Barrel Aged Tart Cherry Imperial Stout)
    GOOD Night Stout (Imperial Stout)

I sure would like to see some of these again......​
  27. MADPolo

Wine Barrel! Please have the Wine Barrel-aged stout! PLEASE! lol...
  28. Ravenacht

The only one i didnt care for was the Funky DOS which was ...well funky. Slightly infected batch of Rare i believe it was.
  29. hoppy99

I believe that was intentional.
  30. MarcatGSB

And delicious!
    hoppy99 likes this.
  31. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

32. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

Glad to hear you are going down too! Hopefully we run into each other here and at Hunah day.
    brystmar likes this.
  33. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

For sure :D
  34. landhoney

landhoney Savant (300) Florida Apr 19, 2007

Beermongers tasting reunion, lol
    brystmar and LoPo87 like this.
  35. MarcatGSB

Can someone give Eric a big slap on his ass tomorrow for me? We have a Michigan bro-mance.
  36. Depends, is it fully open palm or a little squeeze at the end?
  37. MarcatGSB

Ya know, I'm strictly a firm slap guy (has done me well in the past). Open hand, spanning both cheeks, with the tips of the fingers wrapped around the outside cheek.
    raymo55 likes this.
  38. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

Pegs just emailed out some infor on the barrel event on Friday:

Looks like a lovely weekend ahead, warmer, but not too warm for our barrel-aged stouts! Festivities begin at Noon on Friday the 8th of March. Sales are cash and we have an ATM on site. Full menu.
    Rare D.O.S. (Doug's Original Stout) and RareR D.O.S. will be on tap, but we don't expect to have growlers for sale.
    Additionally, we expect to tap (no guarantees we will tap all of these or when).:

Bourbon Barrel-Aged
    Rare Bean
    Rare Coco
    Rare Chilis
    Vanilla Fast Breaker (Vanilla Coffee)
    Hazelnut Fast Breaker (Hazelnut Coffee)
    You Boys (Campfire Imperial Stout)

Rum Barrel-Aged
    Nooner
    Chili Vanili
    Rarer Cherry

Non Barrel-Aged
    Good Night Stout

Check Facebook for further details.
    Cheers!
    Peg and the crew

Sounds awesome!!!!
    Ravenacht, MADPolo and beernads like this.
  39. HighWine

HighWine Savant (320) Illinois Dec 11, 2010

Anyone know if they do flight sizes pours? If not, ISO of tasting buddy to share pours tomorrow evening!
    luwak likes this.
  40. jloomis

jloomis Savant (270) Florida Jan 6, 2010

They only do full pours (snifter) If your there early in the day always down to share.
    luwak likes this.