1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Bottle share at Pegs on March 8th-barrel day

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by BAstoutsNsours, Feb 9, 2013.

1. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

Yes it was a gentleman that flipped out on his gf and friends at a table next to the deck in the grass. Just started yelling at them up until he threw a snifter full of beer that shattered hitting people at my table with beer and broken glass. He was a class act to say the least lol. Other than that I would say that it was a great time at Peg's! Enjoyed everything they had on tap, the crab quesadilla, as well as the people we had the chance to meet. Just wish there was more than one bathroom!

polisanl likes this.
  2. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

He did apologize profusely the next day...

3. the Nooner bottle was Vanilla RareR right? Was it also aged in rum casks too? or jsut vanilla rarer?

4. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (365) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

food was awesome for sure we had the Mexican pizza and chicken nachos.... its to bad when people filpout like that it really screws up a good time for everyone and pegs was very generous on letting us come there and do that bottle share will the next year maybe maybe not I sure hope so I had a wonderful time if someone knows the guy please have him make other plans or keep his glass throwing ass at the trailer park next year... ;)

we don't need those kind of people to ruin it for everyone else :(

dachshunddude86 and xxcarpxx like this.
  5. Where is the video? I'm pissed I missed seeing this. It must have been later in the evening after we left.

tugg407 likes this.
  6. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

Rare and RareR are always barrel aged, the regular stouts have completely different names. Rare = Bourbon Barrel, RareR = Rum barrel.

atothesquiz likes this.
  7. LoPo87

I wouldn't worry too much. Pretty sure not a single employee was aware of what happened. People went right back to their business after he eventually told his buddy "Let's go now, before I slap a bitch."

8. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (365) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

well good thing he didn't slap her it my of got ugly..... why can't we all be happy drunks? ;)

9. polisanl

polisanl Savant (285) Florida Aug 6, 2010

I agree they needed more bathrooms. I hope porta-potties are in line for next year...

10. Good thing I was sleeping...if I saw that I would've wanted to kick his ass (proly would've just yelled at him since I don't need to go to jail for any reason ever). I seriously cannot stand to see anyone mistreat a girl. I love my gf and have never even raised my voice at her. I cherish my gf and can't see how anyone can treat their girl poorly no matter who she is. If you don't like her, do her a favor and leave her, don't be a fucking douche and make both your lives miserable. With St. Patty's day coming up, I'm expecting more Douchebags to "HULK SMASH" from all the green beer they're drinking.
    Done preaching here....love your girl, don't be a douche...plain and simple.

xxcarpxx likes this.
  11. It may have been after you left - it was the people maybe two tables down from where Kevin, Catie and us were sitting, right outside of the patio. I just heard the glass break and yelling, it didn't seem like anything too exciting.

12. I just used the public restroom at the dock. Easy walk and no waiting.

Bobbyearl likes this.
  13. polisanl

polisanl Savant (285) Florida Aug 6, 2010

I was standing in line and somebody told me the exact same thing....might have been you. Lesson learned.

14. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

Well, they'll be aware after reading this thread, so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't our group. I hope to keep a good relationship with Peg's, as I enjoy that place very much.

15. LoPo87

I understand. Definitely was not anyone from this group.

16. And I was with Andy and Sam's group (they can vouch since I was passed out at the table while this happened).

17. Shmeal

He was an ample napkin stacking platform. I stacked more napkins, but the wind blew them off before I could get the photo.

18. Hahahaha...sleepy time. :)

19. Shmeal

I did not get a picture of Haveuseenmycellar when he was passed out by the patio, but I'm sure a couple other BAs have one. I was too busy laughing

20. I'm glad that it's been clarified that I was not the one who yelled at his gf and threw stuff....nor the guy drinking people's shit (obviously had plenty at my table)...but, this is even more embarassing. :-( (a BA who couldn't hold his liquor or know to eat and get sleep before coming....:::sigh:: :-/.

Zappbranagan likes this.
  21. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

This thread wins, wins big.

dachshunddude86 likes this.