1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottle share in Lexington

Discussion in 'US - South' started by KYGunner, Nov 11, 2012.

1. KYGunner

KYGunner Savant (455) Kentucky Sep 16, 2012

I'm posting a thread here to gauge a response to a bottle share in Lexington. No date or place at the moment but simply a call to see who may be interested.
  2. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Count me in.
  3. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (610) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Hmmmm sounds cool. Used to go to a lot of tastings when i lived in Michigan. I am pretty sure Lexington is pretty far from BG. Never have been there.
  4. Magery

Magery Savant (365) Kentucky Sep 29, 2004

i'd be interested, however my work schedule is pretty hectic but it's something i would like to see here in lexington
  5. I'm game! I'm usually busy on weekends, but week nights are usually pretty good for me. Please keep me in the loop.
  6. KYGunner

Are you the owner or manager of the Beer Trappe? I base this on your avatar. That said I buy my craft bottles from you so I don't know how much fun it would be for you. Ha!
  7. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN Savant (465) Kentucky May 13, 2003

Let me throw this out there: I was seriously thinking of having a huge tasting\bottle share for new years. It would be a multi-day event. I was thinking of having it at a large multi room cabin in the Red River Gorge. I have been saving up for this one for many years and I have the following that I was saving for this event:

03-03-03 to present Stone Vertical Epic.
    07, 08, 09 Three Floyds Dark Lord
    06-09 Goose Island Bourbon County stout
    and many other cellar surprises.

So what do ya think?
  8. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (610) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

I'm thinking i really want to go to this. :)
    SPLITGRIN likes this.
  9. I help manage the place and talk up the craft beers. Trust me, I have no problem tasting the stuff we sell! Please say hi the next time you are in. Cheers!
    drfabulous likes this.
  10. drfabulous

I have verticals as well I could contribute (including adding to that Dark Lord vertical with missing years, and other stuff), but I'd prefer it to be in Lexington. I don't think I could tell my wife I'm going out of town again to drink beer after having just done this for GABF.
    SPLITGRIN likes this.
  11. SPLITGRIN

The location that I was thinking of is in the heart of the Red River Gorge. It is only about an hour drive from Lexington. If we got 15 people to commit to this it would only be about $45 a person for a three night stay. There would be so much to do besides the epic tastings as well.
  12. KYGunner

Split grin has a great idea but it would be more of an event than the small get together I had in mind. I say we find a location and a common night, maybe a Wednesday, and have a small bottle share first. If things go Well we could expand it. I'm thinking sometime in January as Christmas is busy for everyone.
  13. drfabulous

I can talk with Country Boy. If law allows for it, I bet that would be a great place for a meetup. In addition to whatever we would have, they have over 20 beers on tap and there's usually a food truck outside.
  14. SPLITGRIN

I would be down for something smaller to start off with. January would be great, and as long as I have at least a week notice it should not be a problem.
  15. I'd be down as well. I have a 2011 Black Tuesday, 2010 Black Ops, Night Stalker, 2012 Darkness and a bunch of other great ones.
  16. KYGunner

Country Boy says we can use their establishment outside of normal business hours which is outside of most people's schedule. Anyone have a place or idea? Man cave, garage, etc.
  17. erichall

erichall Aficionado (165) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

Bringing in outside alcohol to a place that has a retail license will be tough. Maybe look into someone who lives in a condo/apartment complex with a club house that can be rented.
    KYGunner likes this.
  18. KYGunner

Very good suggestion