1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottle shippers in Hartford CT area

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Apuzarne, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Anyone know where I can get some styrofoam bottle shippers near Hartford? I have called around to a few locations and have not been able to locate a store that sells any. Thanks.
  2. I bought a 6 bottle shipper at Amity Wine in New Haven a few months ago. That probably isn't too helpful for you. I'd say a store that sells wine online, like Amity, is your best bet. But, None of the stores I go to in that area seem to have an online shop...
  3. I ordered two 12 bottle shippers from uhaul.com a couple of months ago. They have free shipping on orders of $25 or more and a 12 bottle shipper is ~$16-17.
  4. I've never seen them anywhere around New England. It's not like California where shipping wine is a very common occurrence. It's illegal in most parts of New England, and we don't have but a tiny fraction of the wine business, so I just don't think there's much demand for bulky shippers to be stocked by stores. I've always had to order online...
  5. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Aaron,If all else fails I have a 1 or 2 for ya.I know I'm a lil' outta the way,but figured I would offer.

Cheers
  6. Thanks Jim I appreciate it and look forward to drinking with you again soon. Also plan on going to Double Barrel Damon release if you need a ride offer will always stand.
    smutty33 likes this.
  7. Thanks for the information. That makes a lot of sense. Something I did not really think about before, since I have always been able to easily go into any bev mo or Total Wine in California and buy bottle shippers. I should have stocked up while I had the chance.
  8. sfbeer1

sfbeer1 Aficionado (125) California Jul 19, 2012

I have a 4 bottle styro shipper I can send you, but it will be full of beer, so not very functional I'm afraid.