Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest cometh. Limited tickets left for Friday, February 5th in Boston.

Buy yours now →
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Bottle shippers in Hartford CT area

Discussion in 'New England' started by Apuzarne, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Apuzarne

Apuzarne Aficionado (185) Connecticut Dec 21, 2011 Verified

Anyone know where I can get some styrofoam bottle shippers near Hartford? I have called around to a few locations and have not been able to locate a store that sells any. Thanks.
  2. LambAndTunaPhish

LambAndTunaPhish Aficionado (230) Connecticut Nov 16, 2012 Verified

I bought a 6 bottle shipper at Amity Wine in New Haven a few months ago. That probably isn't too helpful for you. I'd say a store that sells wine online, like Amity, is your best bet. But, None of the stores I go to in that area seem to have an online shop...
  3. I ordered two 12 bottle shippers from uhaul.com a couple of months ago. They have free shipping on orders of $25 or more and a 12 bottle shipper is ~$16-17.
  4. I've never seen them anywhere around New England. It's not like California where shipping wine is a very common occurrence. It's illegal in most parts of New England, and we don't have but a tiny fraction of the wine business, so I just don't think there's much demand for bulky shippers to be stocked by stores. I've always had to order online...
  5. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (705) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Aaron,If all else fails I have a 1 or 2 for ya.I know I'm a lil' outta the way,but figured I would offer.

6. Apuzarne

Thanks Jim I appreciate it and look forward to drinking with you again soon. Also plan on going to Double Barrel Damon release if you need a ride offer will always stand.
    smutty33 likes this.
  7. Apuzarne

Thanks for the information. That makes a lot of sense. Something I did not really think about before, since I have always been able to easily go into any bev mo or Total Wine in California and buy bottle shippers. I should have stocked up while I had the chance.
  8. sfbeer1

sfbeer1 Aficionado (205) Oregon Jul 19, 2012 Verified

I have a 4 bottle styro shipper I can send you, but it will be full of beer, so not very functional I'm afraid.