Bottle Shops/Liquor Stores Near Shawnee, KS

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by argyle324, May 8, 2014.

1. argyle324

argyle324 Aficionado (115) Colorado Aug 27, 2013

I'm travelling to Shawnee, Kansas next weekend for a graduation. My brother lives in Shawnee, but goes to Rockhurst University, so we'll be in that area, too. Are there any good places to buy beer in Shawnee or near Rockhurst? We're also going to Legoland, and I found a shop about 7 minutes from there, but I can't remember the name.

I know I can Google shops in these areas, but advice from locals is always best. Also, aside from Boulevard and Free State, what local breweries should I look for when I'm there?

2. KCURGE

KCURGE Aficionado (105) Kansas Apr 4, 2006

I think the one near LegoLand you're thinking of is a Bier Station or the new Bridgers Bottle shop both have good selections and 20 plus taps to drink. Favorite places though are Gomers South you can find some dencent stuff on the shelves there. (all of these are in KCMO which will have different stuff that you can find in CO) In Shawnee Tipsy's and K-7 might have some random stuff out since they don't get shopped as much.

3. cran852

cran852 Aficionado (170) Nebraska Mar 31, 2009

Gomers Midtown is not far from LEGOLAND.

4. homebrewhawk

homebrewhawk Savant (400) Kansas Aug 11, 2005

I would try to go somewhere in Missouri. You'll have a better selection. There are a lot of good breweries from St. Louis as well that might not make it to Colorado. Perennial, Four Hands and 2nd Shift to name a few.