1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottle shops near OTH airport

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by OneBeertoRTA, Aug 22, 2012.

1. I'm heading to Bandon Dunes, landing in OTH and making the hour drive. Hoping there is a good bottle shop somewhere nearby or along the way. Please help. Thanks!

2. itshanney

itshanney Disciple (50) Washington Aug 30, 2012

OTH has commercial service? Surprising. Hate to say it but your hours from anything good. Best bet is something in Coos Bay, OR but you're pretty SOL.

OneBeertoRTA likes this.
  3. Reidrover

Reidrover Advocate (640) Oregon Jan 14, 2003

Unfortunately you are in the one inhabited area of Oregon were good beer is at a premium.
    Not sure what the clubhouse at Bandon sells ,cant afford to even look at that course!!
    Florence is to the North and Wakonda Brewery was operational but havent seen anything from them forever so they nay have died.
    N.Bend/Coos Bay should have the widely available stuff .
    tried beer -exploring this area a few years back..wasteland.

4. Nothing in Coos Bay either. Just mass distro stuff like Black Butte.

I flew in from SFO on a prop plane, not the most enjoyable flight...

5. Rob-P

Rob-P Aficionado (125) Iowa Feb 29, 2012

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm heading to Bandon Dunes next month too. Our cab service is going to grocery shop for us prior to picking us up at the airport. I'm assuming they'll go to a Safeway or something like that and won't be driving around town searching for great beers like I probably would! What would be a decent beer (probably IPA) that would be very commonly found around the North Bend, Coos Bay area? I'm assuming Deschutes is very widely available around there, which was sort of confirmed with the Black Butte comment above. What else would be considered mass distro in that area? Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks in advance.

OneBeertoRTA -- what did they have at the resort at Bandon Dunes and how was the pricing? Anything interesting?