1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottled Beer from Hahn

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by 1CarolynHumphreys, Aug 9, 2013.

1. 1CarolynHumphreys

1CarolynHumphreys Initiate (5) Aug 9, 2013

I have been drinking Hahn Super Dry for quiet a few years and always enjoyed it either on tap or bottled, but unfortunately every case I have bought over the past month or so has been flat. It has no fizz when you twist the top .Unless something is done to bring back the original taste I will no longer be buying it.
    One very disappointed consumer
  2. drtth

drtth Advocate (690) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2007

It would be a good idea if you contacted the brewery and let them know about the problem. None of us can do much about the problem, but if they are like most breweries they'll appreciate you letting them know about the problem.

3. + 1 - contact the brewery. The brewery will most likely send you out a credit letter for a case or two that you then give to the bottle shop brand from where you purchased the beer from.

On a sidenote, regarding Super Dry, it is very surprising that every case you have brought over the past month has been flat as that denotes that the quality issues transcends the beer batches (unless you have been buying it from the same shop and they hardly sell any of the beer in that month). Could be more a store issue than anything else (leaving it out in the sun, dramatic temperature change etc)? Have you been buying the beer from the same shop? If so, maybe try another store - as I certainly haven't seen any super dry being returned.
  4. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

Isn't it supposed to be low carb?
  5. Yep but it is quite a fizzy beer.
  6. Lukie

Lukie Savant (415) Australia Jun 16, 2007

Haha! I got it!
    MrKennedy likes this.