1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bottleshops and bars on the peninsula

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Lazerlobe, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Lazerlobe

Lazerlobe Member

I haven't spent much time on the peninsula and subsequently don't know what the beer offerings are like out there. The Pourhouse in Port Townsend is supposed to be good and Rivertooth in Shelton is run by good guys with a very nice selection but what else is out there in between?
    libbey likes this.
  2. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Member

Check out Marina Market in Poulsbo.
  3. beertunes

beertunes Member

Sirens in PT has a small but decent tap list and great burgers. A friend of mine is a butcher and he said the burger he had when we were there was the best burger he's had, where he didn't grind the meat himself. This place in Kingston: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11493/view=beerfly , had about 20 taps and the best scallops I've ever had. The tasting room at Hood Canal brewing is probably worth a stop when you're in that area.
  4. Hoppy_McMalt

Hoppy_McMalt Member

The Peninsula doesn't have much for bottleshops. As for bars, Wig Wam in Gorst is a pub with an excellent selection of micros on tap and very good bbq food. Slaughter County Brewing in Port Orchard also has a good selection of guest beers. Other than that there are plenty of breweries to visit. http://www.washingtonbeer.com/breweries/islands-peninsulas/
  5. Robin Hood in Union had a pretty solid ap lineup last time I was out there (Summer). Food was also excellent
    Lazerlobe likes this.
  6. distantmantra

distantmantra Member

libbey likes this.
  7. barleywinefiend is sadly incorrect. We've drank some Bells in the shop but we certainly have never sold any.
    distantmantra likes this.
  8. barleywinefiend

barleywinefiend Member

LOL. I don't know where that came from. I must have had my bell rung. Get it? No. Okay.
    eyeenjoybeer, beertunes and NWer like this.