1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottleworks 13th Anniversary/Stone Brew???

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by t4h2c0, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any info on when they may release this beer? I thought they usually did their anniversary party at the end of feb. The beer has been bottled, where is it at??? I am really excited for this beer, it sounds great. Here is a picture of the bottle art and some other info:

http://brewingandbeer.com/stone-bottleworks-13th-anniversary-ale/

2. Get Julian to call Trevor to find out...

3. This should have been released by now. I requested vacation days for the last two weeks of February only to sit, wait and anticipate. The releases in the past were late February(since they opened in February 1999) and early March. Soon, hopefully soon. ?!

4. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Timely post. Last year they were tapping PtY at the same time they were selling XII. This year, wait. . . wait . . . wait

5. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (495) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Should be soon

6. ISO: Bottleworks 13!

This definitely sounds like it will be very good. :D

7. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Can't wait to try this at brouwers!

8. I heard from a pretty good source it will be released march 24th, keep your fingers crossed...

Smurf2055 likes this.
  9. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Generally it is the second or third week of February but it really depends on label approvals and then the shipping from the brewery. I had heard there was a hang up on delivery from Stone. Should be soon though. Can't wait, see you guys there!

10. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (785) Washington May 12, 2005

What's the level-of-difficulty for obtaining these anniversary beers?

11. waltersrj

They sell out day of within hours generally.

12. Depends on WHICH. A couple of years ago they lasted in the shop for a while. XII went pretty quickly off the shelves, like Waltersrj said, in a couple of hours.

13. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Pretty cool brew. Sounds big.

14. According to information released by Bottleworks today, the anniversary party will be Saturday, March 24.

barleywinefiend likes this.
  15. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,040) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Of course it is. Because I already have plans that day.

16. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Is there any confirmation of this yet? I haven't seen anything on their Twitter posts.

17. From Bottleworks twitter:

13th Anniversary Release Party will be Saturday, March 24th. More details about the release will be on the blog soon.

https://twitter.com/#!/bottleworks

bottleworks.com

18. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (785) Washington May 12, 2005

Ditto - in portland :(

19. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

I am ISO this beer. I have Fantasia and the upcoming Cascade Blueberry for trade if anyone is interested.

20. From their website :

Better late than never. Our Anniversary beer this year was made for us by Stone Brewing Company. The theme for the beer, being our 13th anniversary and all, was to use 13 Malts and 13 Hops in a huge strong ale. This monster of a beer took a bit longer to finish fermenting than anticipated but it's finally ready. We will have our beer on draft and in gorgeous silk screened 22oz. bottles for release on Saturday, March 24th.
    We will have bottles for sale as soon as we open and will also be pouring our beer on draft. This years batch is much larger than last years so supply will last longer and people will be able to a larger number of bottles. Of course we don't know how many people are going to show up and how long it will last so we make no guarantees, but beating our door down at 11am shouldn't be a necessity.
    Because of the large crowd that seems to amass, we will be running a ticket system for draft beer like last time. This means that as soon as you walk in, purchase tickets at the register for draft beer at the back bar. We will not be running tabs at the bar due to the crowd. Purchase extra tickets and whatever doesn't get used you can exchange back for cash when you leave. Also, once bottles are purchased they will not be allowed back into the store (once you pay for any bottles you need to leave and put them in your car or wait to purchase them till you're ready to leave to avoid people stealing by walking around with bags/boxes in the crowded shop). Lastly, bring food if you'd like, bring water, take your time, whatever it takes, but please keep yourself inline so we don't have to. This is a strong ale, plan accordingly.
    Now that the rules section is over, have fun. We will be busy all day so please be patient. We are open normal hours (11am-11pm) so baring some freak run on bottles or draft, we should have a long window of time for you to stop by and get a beer on draft or bottles to go. See you all on the 24th. Happy 13th Anniversary.

Due to the LARGER amount of bottles made this year I don't expect things like this will happen again : http://r.ebay.com/CZ0feP

NWer likes this.
  21. NWer

Sounds like fun. I like that we can buy more than two bottles this time around but it doesn't say how many.

22. draheim

So last year this was also an anniversary sale with lots of rarities from the cellar on sale and some great stuff on tap as well. Any solid info/wild speculation on that aspect of the 13th anniversary event?

23. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (495) Washington Nov 12, 2011

They put some Bottleworks 11 on the shelves a couple weeks ago, maybe they put a few other rarities up as well. I'm still going to be there when it opens, just in case. Living within walking distance is nice.

24. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

I don't get off work until 2 that day.....does that mean I'm going to be too late....?

25. waltersrj

You'll be fine. They made way more bottles this year but it'd still be good to get there ASAP! Good luck, hope you get some!

Smurf2055 likes this.
  26. WIll be standing in line...the weather better cooperate.

27. Does anyone know the running cost of the Anny Bottleworks releases or do they traditionall;y vary from year to year?

28. waltersrj

They vary: 11 was $16, 12 was $22, I bet this year will be $15.

29. Also varies by which year you buy that particular year Ie, last year BW 10 was $85 ;)

30. waltersrj

Yes, that is true. I was only mentioning the price on release day of said beers.

31. Oh I know...;)

32. waltersrj

Let's hope some BW anny beers, HotD magnums, or BA Levi and BA Poseidon are on shelves :) Also could use some C&C La Folie!

barleywinefiend and optophobia like this.
  33. +1 One of the best post ever.

34. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

I don't want to be responsible for people getting their hopes up and then having their dreams crushed, but a SKU appeared in Columbia's April price book (Oregon version) for the Bottleworks 13, which is either a bizarre typo or an indication that we'll be receiving some down here as well.

Regarding pricing, I'm going to wager that this hits the shelves at $7-8.

35. draheim

That seems reasonable. I can't think of another Stone beer that goes for more than about $8.

36. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

The only thing I can think of that's gone above that is the 500ml Quingenti Millilitre series that they've started releasing at the brewery.

37. I was in today and there is a shitload of XIII. I plan on showing up around noon.

I have never had XII, hopefully it makes it on tap.

38. NWer

10th in line @10:45

39. draheim

Made the release and enjoyed one glass on tap, then had to get going... that is one massively complex, dark, interesting beer. (EDIT: price is $6.99, limit six bottles)

Please post in this thread any interesting surprises etc. throughout the day so I know what I missed...

40. NWer

In a word, subdued. The crowd that is. Beer on the other hand, amazing. The one big surprise was there wasn't the craziness you see at some beer releases. This is worthy. Get it.