1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottleworks XIV anniversary

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Mages64, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (370) Washington Sep 7, 2009

So I'm excited about some yummy cascade beer:) anyone else plan on going to the BW and hanging out for their anniversary party?:) it's coming up fast:)
    waltersrj likes this.
  2. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I am :) It will be my third in a row :) How fast is it coming up? :) Is a date set? :) There I used more smilies than you ;)
  3. I'll be there. Didn't care about the Stone collab last year, but Cascade?

Yes, have some.
  4. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

I plan on making my 3rd trip in a row. Probably depends on the date though. With my luck I'll be able to go for 10 minutes and leave just before Matt starts handing out free bottles of M to everyone in the store ;)
  5. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (370) Washington Sep 7, 2009

Hopefully I leave before Doug gets rip roaring drunk, gets into a fight with his baby momma and falls asleep on fertilizer in front of QFC. There's no way he's still allowed in BW right? Lol
  6. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

FTFY
    beerandcycling88 likes this.
  7. I'll be there! Third year for me.
  8. Shmeal

Shmeal Savant (495) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Cascade? $35 a bottle I bet.
  9. stx00lax

stx00lax Savant (265) Washington Dec 27, 2009

ill be there! Anyone have any more information on the beer?
  10. My guess is that it spent months of lactic fermentation in oak barrels with some kind of fruit and is terribly overpriced. Am I way off here?
  11. If Figaro is any indication, you might be seeing this bottle at Bottleworks XV.
    LoPo87 and podunkparte like this.
  12. stx00lax

stx00lax Savant (265) Washington Dec 27, 2009

Sounds about right. I guess Im keeping my fingers crossed that they do something "out of the box" and go the uncharacteristic of cascade route. Just in case, Ill bring the Tums
    Lazerlobe likes this.
  13. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Can we keep all the Cascade hate in that other thread? I do think it's interesting - all of their released beers rate very highly but the locals seem to hate them. If Cascade was in suburban Philadelphia, they'd likely be perceived as the best brewery on the planet in the forums.

I definitely hope i'm in town this year - had to miss last year's event.
    nate8767, slinkie and Franch like this.
  14. Fixed that
    maltmaster420, NWer and beertunes like this.
  15. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Yes, that also works. But the hype meter is telling me that Tired Hands may be the best brewery on the planet (note: actual beer may not reflect such claims)
  16. Yeah, I figured that was who you were referring to.
  17. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Hook me up, Seattle bros.
  18. draheim

Can't do it. You hate my kids.
    libbey, Rutager, jnoble and 6 others like this.
  19. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Yea.....you got me there.
    slinkie likes this.
  20. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Frank, you just sent me a kickass box and don't already think you'll get one from me? Please...
    lurchingbeast likes this.
  21. waltersrj

Dan, ill be there, Monday the 25th at 11 am for lunch. Grab a few bottles, try it on tap, hit Dick's for a burger and head back to work, get off work, go back to BW for more bottles, then head home. Bam!
    bgramer likes this.
  22. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Do we know for sure that Cascade will have the beer ready for this one? Didn't they deliver the City Beer 5th Anniversary beer (Figaro) like a year late?
    bgramer likes this.
  23. draheim

Is this true? They're having the anniversary event at 11 o'clock on a Monday?
    25th of which month BTW?
  24. Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Where's the 25th coming from?
  25. waltersrj

I swear to Go I saw that somewhere because I put it into my phone calendar...i'll try to verify the "source" but am pretty sure of it...Monday, Feb. 25th. I'll get back to you all.
  26. Doh, wonder how I missed that. Monday. :(
  27. bgramer

bgramer Savant (335) Washington Feb 10, 2006

One of Cascade's blending barrels for Bottleworks XIV is a spiced quadrupel aged in rum barrel. We tasted this barrel last year and it was pretty good.

I believe there were 4 maybe 5 different kinds of barrels total but my memory fails me. I don't know what the other barrels were or what the final blend is, but based on this barrel, my guess is that this could be one of the more interesting blends along the lines of a bourbonic plague type vs. their usual lactic base body with the fruit of the day.
  28. waltersrj

29. waltersrj

I wonder what the cost and limits will be, as well as the final blend.

Cheers,
    Ryan
  30. Damn. I have mid-winter break the week before (perks of being a school psychologist), and will be back to work on the 25th. Guess I'll have to stop by after work...
  31. bgramer

bgramer Savant (335) Washington Feb 10, 2006

If history is an indicator, it'll start at $25, and there'll be a 2 bottle limit.
    barleywinefiend likes this.
  32. draheim

Looks like I'll have to find a mule. I'm very displeased by their decision to do this in the middle of a weekday.
    Oh well. My fault for having a job.
  33. The times posted in the calendar are essentially BW's operating hours on a Monday. If memory serves me, the release "party" runs all day and there's plenty on tap (if there's a keg) and plenty of bottles throughout the day.
  34. draheim

I hope you're right. Of course last year there were plenty of bottles of Stone's beer, but that might have been an anomaly. I'll definitely try to make it over there after work but I've also had fun hanging out and trying a couple special beers on tap the last two times (including free Deviation last year). I probably won't be able to do that this time around unfortunately.
  35. Ha. I heard that story, classic.

I still enjoy his HoTD boobie tassel display at Brouwers last year but I heard the Bottleworks event was one for the record books.
    lurchingbeast likes this.
  36. kevwcamp

kevwcamp Savant (310) Washington May 13, 2010

BW XII ran out fast, it was still on tap but no bottles left the day after IIRC. XIII seemed like an anomaly to me too. XIV demand is probably similar to XII.
  37. podunkparte

Hey now... Those bottles of Matt were displayed from someone elses set of magnificent he-hooters!
  38. podunkparte