1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bottleworks XIV anniversary

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Mages64, Feb 7, 2013.

1. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

I don't know they've had XI available for a long time. If it were XII or X it would have been gone a long time ago. Seems like they have a hit about every other year.
  2. Press release.
  3. I'm going to have to cash in my change for this
    Dogfishipas likes this.
  4. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I really hope this ends up being a great beer. At what will most likely be $25-$30/bottle and maybe 2 bottles per person I truly hope it is :)
  5. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (370) Washington Sep 7, 2009

anyone want to go in on a Deviation that Monday? :)
  6. waltersrj

Dan, that'll depend on how many people go in on it but I just might have to :)
  7. I'm going to be in town with a flight at 2 PM that day. Think that'll leave me enough time to buy bottles and still get to the airport?
  8. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

They open at 11. Assuming you have a rental car, it's about a half hour from there to the airport. I think you should be ok.
  9. stx00lax

stx00lax Savant (265) Washington Dec 27, 2009

ehh...count me in if you want. I automatically count Warren in as well. :D
    Lazerlobe likes this.
  10. Lazerlobe

Lazerlobe Savant (295) Washington Mar 1, 2010

I'm in.
    stx00lax likes this.
  11. UA8

UA8 Savant (260) Washington May 12, 2008

That's because some of the best breweries in the world are in rural VT. Don't hate because they have more talent in such small state than we do in WA.
  12. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Some? You should probably vacate this thread. You missed the snarky point and you're about to embarrass yourself.
    NWer and ArchEnemyBrew like this.
  13. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

So glad I get paid 2 days before this!
  14. So we're a week from the release and still no info on price/bottle limit/what the beer is. Has anyone heard any new info?
  15. NWer

NWer Advocate (635) Washington Mar 10, 2009

For the record, Starrdogg made the same suggestion/request earlier. Seems like a popular thing to do. Maybe we'll need two or even three of these things going to satisfy everyone. Who knows? Maybe they'll give us a volume discount?
  16. waltersrj

A "volume discount"...I wish.
  17. bfg75

bfg75 Aficionado (230) Washington Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, a bit odd it's coming up this close and there is no info yet.
  18. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I don't remember there being much hard info for the last couple events, other than a pretty clear description of what the beer is (which seems to be lacking this time around). I'm pretty sure I didn't know what the limit or pricing was until I got to the register.
  19. "Next Monday, Feb. 25, Head Blender Preston Weesner will be in Seattle for the release of Bottleworks 14th Anniversary Beer at 11am. Bottleworks approached us to create a new blend they could call their own. The result is a NW style sour ale that is a blend of Blond Quad and Blond ales that were aged in Bourbon, wine and rum barrels with orange zest for up to 24 months. Bottles will go on sale as soon as they open and will last until they run out. We will also have a VERY limited amount of Bottleworks at the Barrel House only, which will go on sale when we open at Noon on Monday. There will be a yet to be determined limit per person and the price has not been set."
  20. bgramer

bgramer Savant (335) Washington Feb 10, 2006

Sounds like business as usual. :)
    draheim likes this.
  21. draheim

Sounds intriguing to say the least. Since they have a head blender, can we infer that Cascade has at least one assistant blender? How does one apply for such a position?
  22. draheim

Hey, why provide accurate, complete information about an event if you, like, don't have to?
  23. One hand: I hate lines and massive amounts of hype and all the rigmarole surrounding beer releases these days!

Other hand: Dudes, why aren't you telling us about this release?!?
  24. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

"There will be a 3 bottle per person limit. The cost will be $30 per bottle. "
  25. draheim

I'll be sending a friend to buy mine. At that price I so wish I could taste a glass for myself before deciding how many bottles to get. I figured the limit would be two; now I have to decide whether to spring for the third. Hopefully some of you will post your impressions from the event to let those of us chained to our desks what you think... :)
  26. NWer

My wife was planning to go along strictly to allow me to double up figuring it would be 2 bottle limit 20 - 25$ per. At 30, I'm inclined to let her off the hook - no way am I springing for 6 for myself - unless someone wants me to get a few extras for them. BM me if you need help especially if you live in Snohomish County.
  27. Took a personal day for this. Guard your Deviation glasses. :)
  28. I've got a meeting until 5pm on Monday now. Damn.
  29. take a long lunch before then? ;)
  30. I live in Seattle, but work in Auburn, so that's not happening.
  31. draheim

I heard there's a really bad flu bug going around.
    Rutager likes this.
  32. NWer

Call in. Use Facetime or Skype WebEx?
  33. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

...From Bottleworks. That would be classic.
    FalconA, bifrost17 and draheim like this.
  34. waltersrj

You know, I've met some of you but not all! It'd be nice to meet you all Monday! Feel free to yell waltersrj in line...or Ryan Walters. See you Monday!
  35. Hehe. I don't think you guys know what my job is.

School psychologist for a couple high schools. Yeah, that would go over real well. ;)
    FalconA likes this.
  36. "I suggest you use some delicious Deviation to take the edge off what ails you."

"I'm 17, sir."

"Well, then, it'll be a real thrill to try this whale while you're still underage, won't it?"
  37. FalconA

FalconA Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 10, 2011

High schoolers prefer texting to actual conversation anyways. Jst have ur mtng ovr txt ;-0 lolz
    libbey, csano, deathcharms and 3 others like this.
  38. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

who doesn't prefer text to conversation these days
  39. landhoney

landhoney Savant (300) Florida Apr 19, 2007

Forgive my noob-ishness on this one, but what is the line situation likely to be like? (I know hard to speculate) I've never been to one of the releases here. Just wondering how early the line will form, etc.
  40. Update from Bottleworks:

http://bottleworksbeerstore.blogspot.com/

"There will be a 3 bottle per person limit. The cost will be $30 per bottle"

Looks like I will be only buying one bottle at that price but I would way rather dish out $30 for this beer than $30 for the new Vlad the Impaler...