Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...
Dismiss Notice
Join The Buzz! Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest BeerAdvocate updates delivered to your inbox.

Boulevard Chocolate Ale Refund

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by sentomaster, Feb 28, 2012.

1. I received my refund for the Boulevard Chocolate Ale I purchased. Great job by Boulevard Brewing to step up to the plate and back up their products when not up to their standards.

2. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (605) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

Rye on rye is what I am thinking myself.

3. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

I actually tweeted to them a couple months ago and their response was that they noticed that the chocolate wasnt the as prominent when bottled as opposed to kegged even after asking why the beer was so completely different from the tap I had. It all makes sense now!!!

4. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (275) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

ugh... I traded for one and just checked and it's 2011-2

looks like I'm SOL

5. aasher

aasher Poobah (1,160) Indiana Jan 27, 2010 Verified

Don't forget the imperial stout that had a few batches that accidentally contained Brett about a year ago.

6. deadbody

deadbody Savant (375) Minnesota May 10, 2010 Verified

Got my check last weekend. Will be picking up a bottle of Rye on Rye to try out.

7. Was at Curtis Liquors in Weymouth MA last week and saw the Chocolate Ale on the shelf. Was all excited thinking it was a newer batch, but to my surprise they were all 2011-1 batches. I informed the staff there that Boulevard was giving refunds because the beer is not up to their standards and he was going to follow up with the salesman the next day. My guess, they are still on the shelf! :rolleyes: Still waiting for my refund for 2 bottles.

8. As someone else noted, who still has their bottle? Brother-in-law cracked one open and it was completely different from the first one I had. I guess for those that still have their bottles this is great, but for the rest of us...

9. JRod1969

JRod1969 Advocate (615) New York Nov 23, 2010

Anyone hear anything from Boulevard recently? Emails have not been answered in a month.

10. I still have my bottle, haven't gotten around to cracking it or collecting a refund

11. JRod1969

JRod1969 Advocate (615) New York Nov 23, 2010

So is Boulevard welching on refunds now? No email responses for month+? Anyone get one recently?