1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Boulevard upcoming releases

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Beerislivingproof, Nov 27, 2012.

1. From:
    http://www.boulevard.com/upcoming-releases-from-boulevard/

In 2013, we’re bringing back some favorites from the Smokestack Series seasonal and limited release lineups, and adding a few new brews we know you’ll enjoy. You can look forward to enjoying a zesty black rye I.P.A. and distinctive coffee ale in the first few months of the New Year. Saison-Brett, Reverb Imperial Pilsner and Harvest Dance Wheat Wine will all make return visits, along with Bourbon Barrel Quad and the venerable Imperial Stout. We’re even working on a few collaborations with industry peers that should add a little excitement to the shelves next year.
    DelMontiac likes this.
  2. Looking forward to all of these. Collaboration #3 was one of my favorite beers this year.
  3. That's a pretty big delay in flavor from December 2012 to Fall 2013 for the Bourbon Barrel Quad.
    JoEBoBpr, aderousseau and zencigar like this.
  4. I see Saison-Brett has been released in June at least once in the past, does anyone have any idea when Boulevard is releasing it in 2013?
  5. You're right, but it's fine by me. When they get that stuff right, it's pretty amazing.

Thanks for the update. As always, I'm looking forward to their new and regular smokestack releases!
  6. TicoCali

TicoCali Savant (450) California Jul 25, 2010

Still trying their beers and so far im a fan !
  7. Was the Imperial Stout released in 2012? I don't recall seeing it, and Boulevard bottles tend to linger a bit around here.
  8. MUMike

MUMike Aficionado (145) Missouri Feb 3, 2012

More BBQ!
    JohnnyHopps and funhog like this.
  9. Boulevard just reached our market within the past couple of months. I am looking forward to trying these collabs and limited releases. Tank 7 has been my favorite so far. Venerable Imp Stout and BBQ sound right up my alley.
    zencigar likes this.
  10. RDMII

RDMII Savant (290) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Stingo #3 was an amazing beer. Still tracking down more of that goodness.
  11. Thomas15

Thomas15 Aspirant (45) Sep 1, 2012

Was not relleased this last year. Was last released in 2011 and batch 2 was infected.....
  12. Thomas15

i would be willing to bet the coffee ale is a local collaboration with their neighbors the Roasterie done to replace the christopher elbow collaboration that was chocolate ale.
  13. I don't know how close you are to KC but I've seen it on the shelves here last week.
  14. The Roasterie is a safe bet but Parisi (sp?) is fairly close to the brewery I believe. I'd like to see them do something with Oddly Correct or Broadway Cafe, personally.
  15. RDMII

RDMII Savant (290) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

I'm in Atlanta, so not too close. I've found a site online that shows to have a few, just waiting on funds to order them.
  16. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

I've had most of their Smokestack and special releases. Anyone try the Imperial stout? I've never seen that one around. Looks pretty interesting.
  17. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

I
    I really did not enjoy stingo whatsoever. I thought it was a good version of an old ale- with a really weird, lactic twang that I just didnt' think fits. It was interesting, but I wasnt' much of a fan, not to discourage others from trying it.
  18. AHood

AHood Aficionado (155) Texas Nov 28, 2012

"zesty black rye IPA".... my mouth is watering. Looking forward to the Saison-Bret and Reverb.
  19. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Missouri Jan 27, 2012

Reverb has been around for a while, and I've noticed Saison-Brett popping up here and there (in St. Louis anyway)
  20. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Any word on if the Imperial Stout will be half barrel aged, half fresh like the last release in 2011? Please, please, spike the whole batch with some bugs. The batch #2 was so much better than the non-infected batch #1!

Edit: If anyone has any Batch #2 Impy Stouts and would like to trade them, BM, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
    jmgrub likes this.
  21. BourbonDork

BourbonDork Savant (290) Virginia Sep 15, 2010

Just last night I had The Sixth Glass....a very nice Quad. Over the holidays I also enjoyed Stingo #3 and Long Strange Triple. BB is producing some very nice brews....keep it up.
    AHood likes this.
  22. Thomas15

Yeah oddly correct would have been awesome, and broadway would have been great seeing as it is their 20th anny, and the just released a special blend for it, but my sources say
    Roasterie in February, look for something lighter than a stout....
  23. I def want to try the Saison-Brett, also would love to try the imp stout, I haven't had a beer yet by them I didn't like
  24. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Savant (485) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

If Blvd only released BBQ, I would be pretty happy man ... assuming I was able to get some.
    The delay on BBQ is barrel aged in suckage!

Love the other stuff too. Really like 80 Acre this year. Two Jokers remains a favorite of mine too.
  25. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

That chocolate ale is one of the coolest things I've had... Very well done. I've never had anything from them that I havent been bonkers over. I WILL cry very hard if they dont do rye on rye again this year... Aw, who am I kidding, Ill just brew a rye and age it with some templeton and toasted oak chips.
  26. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

BBQ not ready, huh? I popped my last 2010 BBQ Thanksgiving day. Still got some 2011s, but I prefer BBQ fresh. That black rye IPA sounds interesting.
  27. chocosushi

chocosushi Savant (450) Oklahoma May 1, 2011

2010 Chocolate Ale had finesse, I really wish 2011 would've shown that. . .

Looking forward to more Saison-Brett. Should be in 4-pack IMO so tasty.

Fine with waiting for more BBQ, it's ready when it's ready
    EgadBananas likes this.
  28. No more Two Jokers. It was replaced by Reverb Imperial Pilsner.
  29. This thread prompted me to drink my 2011 Boulevard Imp Stout (batch 1, no bugs). It was delicious.
    FTowne likes this.
  30. No mention of Love Child #3, which I thought they were thinking about making a yearly release.
  31. Also, I had what I think was a test run of the black rye IPA on tap at the brewery a few weeks back. It was very good.
  32. Goosey

Goosey Aficionado (240) Missouri Jan 18, 2012

Brett is still on the shelves here in Springfield, as well as Stingo, Nommo, and Love Child. The new Impy stout is out (complete with new bottle), and the Barley Wine is always a solid choice.
  33. FTowne

Did you mean wheat wine? Have never noticed a Blvd barley wine.
  34. Goosey

What the hell, I know for sure that I have seen a barley wine by them. I see it every time I go into the store, but can't find it on the reviews. I will look and take a picture next time. Anybody else seen it?
  35. FTowne

Not doubting you, but now I'm very curious. If they do make one I've got a trading partner who would be very interested!
  36. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (235) Kansas May 16, 2010

A Barleywine from Boulevard? Hmm... that's news to me, but I'm intrigued!
  37. FTowne

I'm thinking that this is what you are referring to:
    [​IMG]
  38. Goosey

No, I have some harvest dance in my cellar. It's not a wheat wine its a barley wine, and it comes in the same type of bottles as the Impy Stout if anyone knows what I am talking about. I am pretty young to be going crazy, but I guess I may be wrong. I will be at my Brown Derby tomorrow, and if I see it, I will take a picture and post to reinforce my sanity.
  39. FTowne

Please do! Thanks!