1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Boulevard upcoming releases

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Beerislivingproof, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Rye on Rye is the only beer I can think of similar to a Barleywine.
  2. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Savant (485) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

I hope this is not a permanent arrangement.
  3. It's now listed under "past releases" on their website. I remember an announcement about it showing up on the forums here somewhere. Two Jokers wasn't my favorite of the Smokestacks, but I certainly liked it better the Reverb.
  4. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Savant (485) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

Not that the good people at Boulevard necessarily read BA reviews, but it is also one of their higher rated beers from BLVD on this site. Don't quote me, but I think Two Jokers went on hiatus or was very limited in release a couple years ago. So, maybe there is hope for the future. ... On the other side, it is really hard for me or I suspect a lot of other people to get excited about a pilsner. Even if it is an imperial pilsner, it does not necessarily entice my beer soul
  5. Man I might have to have one of Mizzou friends pick up some Brett.
  6. JoEBoBpr

JoEBoBpr Champion (750) Missouri Feb 26, 2004

Personally BBQ is one of my top 10 beers of all time. I stocked up well on the 2011 release. Hopefully they can last me till the '13 release. Their Saison-Brett is also up there as one of the best.
  7. JoEBoBpr

JoEBoBpr Champion (750) Missouri Feb 26, 2004

There is still Love Child around!?!?! that stuff didn't last a minute in St. Louis.
  8. Goosey

Goosey Aficionado (240) Missouri Jan 18, 2012

Ya it wasn't too popular around these part. Honestly I never tried it, but I really have to be choosey with what I buy, because my girlfriend is now convinced that I am choosing to buy beer over a ring... true? maybe... My delima- beer v. my gf: shes really really sexy, cool, got those curves I love, great head, and my friends like her, but shes expensive. The same could be said about my gf...
  9. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (515) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

Never seen a BLVD barleywine
  10. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

I asked Jeremy Danner on Twitter about a Barleywine, & they have no plans as they Harvest Dance Wheat wine. Been awhile since I've had a harvest dance, but this makes me sad they won't do a true BW. Hell even a barrel aged BW along the lines of Bolt Cutter would be awesome. They have all the tools for it.
  11. Goosey

Goosey Aficionado (240) Missouri Jan 18, 2012

Sorry guys it was Schlafly. I feel dumb but sometimes I mix them up since they're both hometown faves.
  12. dtx00

dtx00 Savant (370) Pennsylvania Oct 21, 2006

Any word on when the new batch of Rye-on-Rye is being released?
  13. Sometime this month,ready before the holidays.

Also I just saw on Boulevard's facebook that the new Black Rye IPA will be called Grainstorm available early 2013
  14. I really want to try Love Child no. 2
  15. I have a bottle of Reverb and Stingo I picked up a couple months ago. Good stuff. I am a Stingo fan. I have a four year old bottle of saison-brett I've been holding on to. I should pick up a fresh bottle next summer and compare them.
  16. barleyswine

barleyswine Aficionado (125) Kansas Feb 27, 2012

Got this info at work last week

Jan/Feb- Black Rye IPA 1/6bl available
    March/April- Coffe Ale 1/6bl available
    April- Love Child 3
    May- Saison Brett 1/6 available
    June-Terra Incognita
    July- Reverb 1/6bl available
    Mid Aug- Collab #4 1/6bl available
    Oct-BBQ
    Nov- Harvest Wheat Dance 1/6bl available
    Dec- Imperial Stout

We will see what really comes out.
    goates and claspada like this.
  17. goates

goates Zealot (85) Kansas Sep 17, 2010

Wow, impressive line-up there, like you said, will be interesting to see what actually makes it out. Just hope that they release the Imp Stout; that would be a fantastic Christmas present.