1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Bourbon Barrel Hellfighter

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by icetrauma, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Advocate (655) Texas Dec 28, 2012

Thanks for mentioning Nobi Public House, I live in the Seabrook area and didnt know we had a growler fill station (maybe Boondoggles does). This place looks good, im gonna check it out sometime in the next few days. Do they still have BB Hellfighter?

2. Ford

Ford Savant (490) Texas Sep 8, 2012

I've never known Boondoggles to fill growlers... would be nice if they did.

3. StArnoldFan

I go to Boondoggles all the time, thats where I got my Bishop's Barrel this year, also where I has draft Pumpkinator... which i thought tasted a little better than my bottles. Iv never asked about growler fills though.

4. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (340) Texas May 24, 2012

doesn't boondoggles sell liquor?

i was under the impression that if a place has a license to sell liquor they cannot do growler fills for takeaway.

could be wrong though.

jbeezification likes this.
  5. cfrobrew

cfrobrew Advocate (550) Texas Oct 9, 2012

Its on tap at nobi public house... They may even do a growler fill for ya.

6. Ford

ah... yes they do... so that is one explanation as to why they don't do growler fills.

7. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

I was there for that Pumpkinator tap as well. I think I got the first or second pint and I don't think it was better on tap than the bottle I had on Christmas Eve, maybe just more excited about the first taste of the year.

8. StArnoldFan

Very well could be that. I wish I got more bottles of that stuff, I only got 3 and drank 1 on Thanksgiving and 1 on Christmas. Everywhere I went had a 1 bottle limit. I still have 1 left in the fridge, might save it for Thanksgiving next year and see how it ages.

Ford likes this.
  9. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (400) Texas Aug 16, 2012

Hellfighter and Pontificator hit Houston Flying Saucer tonight.

StArnoldFan and Ford like this.
  10. HopAG

HopAG Savant (485) Texas Sep 22, 2012

[​IMG]

11. TxUltraRunner

OMG!!! 12 Karbach beers on tap...I'm in heaven right now. Pontificator is phenomenal. Gotta get me some bottles. Hellfighter was just as I remembered - amazing. Don't know what's next, Chardonnay barrel Barnburner or Weekend Warrior pale ale. !!!!!!!!!

12. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (500) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Damn, I really wanted to make it down for that. I wish it was a weekend, or still the holidays some of us have to work.

13. TxUltraRunner

I will drink some for you dude. Weekend Warrior needs to be canned, like now!!

14. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

There will be another tap takeover at the Sugar Land Saucer on the 9th, and they will be at Hay Merchant (anyway I don't think that one has happened yet) for another tap takeover as well. Both will have special stuff.

15. StArnoldFan

16. FlyingKelly

FlyingKelly Savant (260) Texas Nov 28, 2012

So when are the bottles of Hellfighter going onto the shelves?

17. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

Last word I heard was Monday, 1/7.

Azzy likes this.
  18. TxUltraRunner

Weekend Warrior will be canned this year! Talked with Erick - great guy. Told him he had taken over Houston and he was not happy with that. Brought home B- and mom wasn't happy. Says there is always room for improvement and that good things are in the works. Impressed with Jester King and loves ProAm. They have more of these tap takeovers - go to one of them. Worth it!

19. icetrauma

Maybe it's just because I feel like shit right now but who is Erick and why would he not be happy about taking over Houston?

20. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

The only Erick I can think of is Owner/Head Brewer of Karbach

icetrauma likes this.
  21. TxUltraRunner

Erick is the Yeast Rancher/owner at the brewery. He just sees that there is always room for improvement no matter how good of a product you put out. Great guy to talk with.

icetrauma likes this.
  22. icetrauma

Thank you gentlemen.

23. Ford

Man I'd like to make one of those.. but probably wont' be able to.

24. HopAG

Plan on going to the sugar land one. I hope and pray they have cherry hellfighter!

25. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I'm glad he's not happy with just Houston and now he's bringing Karbach to Austin as well! Confirmed!

/roomforinterpretation

26. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

I'm always meaning to see if your Austinturds want anything before I head that way, but then I remember I don't like you guys ;)

HopAG and jaymesbawned like this.
  27. FlyingKelly

FlyingKelly Savant (260) Texas Nov 28, 2012

From Karbach Facebook today - 'Alright folks, Bourbon Barrel Hellfighter will start hitting the shelves on Monday, January 7th! It's important to remember that not all stores get delivered on the same day. Keep your eyes peeled and when in doubt, ask your beverage manager!'

28. HopAG

AWWWW YEAH!

29. TxUltraRunner

Not how I took it but hopefully you can get some of their stuff.

30. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Welp, woke up to a car that won't start. Guess I won't be chasing this release today. Y'all have fun

31. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Ugh... That sucks dude. I can't play either with work and all. If I get lucky I get lucky...

32. HopAG

Being at work makes me depressed... i can't have this goodness with me...

33. Ford

I called Bay Area specs and the manager was clueless on the subject.. Ha no idea when it might show up sadly.

34. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

So which of you knuckleheads was I in line with at Spec's this morning? I was the dude that looks like my avatar...

35. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (360) Texas May 17, 2012

I was there. I was the dude that looks like my avatar. Don't know if I saw you.

36. Azzy

I was up there. I think it'll last until the end of the day. 13.99 a bottle 2 per person and there's 2 guys by the cases passing them out.

37. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

Too bad I can't make it until Wednesday. I guess I'll have to hunt it down at more ambiguous locations.

Texas_Speed likes this.
  38. Azzy

I think honestly the only things that go fast here are Pumpkinator and Dr release. You should be able to find it at HEBs and krogers on Wednesday.

39. Anyone know if this is making its way to Dallas?

40. GregSVT

GregSVT Savant (475) Texas Jul 1, 2009

Karbach isn't distributed to DFW...hell I don't think it even make it outside of Houston although I remember someone saying they saw it in College Station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.