1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon Barrel Hellfighter

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by icetrauma, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopAG

HopAG Savant (475) Texas Sep 22, 2012

I'm thinking about heading to the midtown location for it, is it still available?
  2. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Savant (275) Texas Sep 27, 2012

Bunker HEB, talmbout

[​IMG]
  3. kevinscott

kevinscott Savant (315) Texas Oct 21, 2008

What is the price at the Bunker Hill HEB? My sister works by there so I might ask her to try and grab one.
  4. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Savant (275) Texas Sep 27, 2012

$14 per limit 2 ... i got there right as they recieved the case, they havent sent the beerclub email out yet, once they do im sure it will go quick.
  5. champ103

champ103 Champion (860) Texas Sep 3, 2007

I was there talking with one of the Karback brewers, and a few other BA friends...maybe you as well:D
  6. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (315) Texas Aug 22, 2012

^This. I have to wait until my local Clear Lake / League City locations get it in.
    Daemose likes this.
  7. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Advocate (575) Texas Dec 28, 2012

Which Specs had it? I went to one in Pearland on Pearland pkwy and 1 in Seabrook on NASA. Nobody at either store had a clue of what it was or when they would get it. I think HEB might be a better source.
  8. Azzy

Azzy Savant (290) Texas Jul 16, 2012

HopAG, hey it's still there
    HopAG likes this.
  9. Texas_Speed

D&Q Tweeted that they have it.
  10. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Oh god. WHY. WHY.

If you search twitter for hellfighter you get these two weirdos cybering each other.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY BEER.
  11. champ103

Hubcap Grill has it, lol. I have no idea if they will let people take it home. Though worth a shot if some people need a grease ass burger at the moment:)
  12. TomHouTX

TomHouTX Aficionado (140) Texas Dec 7, 2012

Kroger @ Ella & 43rd had 8 cases about an hour ago. No posted limit , I picked up 4 bottles @$13.49 each + tax. Kroger @ Shepherd & 11th received a shipment also, but the beer guy said they weren't selling it today due to a pricing error in their system.
  13. TomHouTX

Also a twitter report of Whole Foods Montrose having it, but it's in the back and you have to ask for it. Also a report of 5 cases at Kroger on Montrose.
  14. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

The Smith St. main location.
  15. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Heb market street the woodlands is out. I got two when I.got there and by the time I.was done.shopping.it was all gone
  16. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

Damn. Usually things hang out there for a bit. Oh well, got my two and can't complain!
  17. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

I had this on tap at Stag's with my lunch. Honestly, I'm not as impressed as I was the past few releases. If a bottle comes my way, cool; if not, whatever.
  18. champ103

Hm, I feel the opposite. I was not impressed when it was first released. I have done a 180 on that. Awesome stuff. You can't like everything though.
  19. Ford

Ford Savant (470) Texas Sep 8, 2012

As usual clear lake area is pretty clueless and no one seems to be getting it today. Redonkulous!
  20. HopAG

YESH! I went to the Midtown location during my lunch hour (WHO NEEDS TO EAT?! AM I RIGHT?!) and when I got there at 1:40 they still had 3 cases left, 2 bottle limit.

Picked up my 2 and went along my way. So if you go there you might still be lucky to snag a bottle or two!
  21. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Also herd the heb @bunkerhill got 8 cases.
  22. Texas_Speed

I'm not worried about then having it on the day of release as long and one of the local places get it. Keeping an eye on Facebook, twitter, and here hoping to hear some information. If it come out soon I'll be sending the wife out for some, she won't drive into Houston :(
  23. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

They have a great deli selection. My coworkers and I went there for lunch.
    BeanBone likes this.
  24. HopAG

It was supermarket sweep for me! I was in and out with high pricing items!
    Plus I had that tunnel vision going in there! I completely forgot that there might of been Whiskey Barrel Rodeo available! Oh well!
  25. :| stuck at work, won't be able to get any. sigh.
  26. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

The gyros Spec's sells at their deli are marvelous. I'll order one when I walk in to-go and get it after I pick up my beer. Good burgers too.
  27. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Advocate (575) Texas Dec 28, 2012

Just pick some up at Specs on Bay Area near El Camino. 1 bottle limit and they were on their last case.
  28. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (360) Texas Aug 16, 2012

Picked up my two bottles at Smith and a Texas Turkey sandwish with the corn and shrimp chowder - mmmmm . . .what a lunch.

Specs on Westheimer/Kirkwood said they would get theirs in tomorrow. Any sighting further west?
  29. TomHouTX

The Shell station in Friendswood just posted on Facebook Hellfighter in stock 20 minutes ago. Limit one.
  30. FUNKPhD

It didn't seem as vanilla forward as older releases; it seemed rather toned down.
    BruceBruce likes this.
  31. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

I agree. The first few batches (up until about mid summer) seemed to have a stronger barrel note and much more vanilla.

I wonder if newer batches have spent less time in barrels to meet increasing demand. I hope not as you can't rush a barrel aged beer.
    BruceBruce likes this.
  32. Texas_Speed

Someone named LCBeerHunter posted this on Twitter. Not sure where he got it from or who his connection is but it was from somewhere in Clear Lake. LC = League City.
    [​IMG]
    Daemose likes this.
  33. FUNKPhD

I don't think that's it. I think it's just a different blend.
    champ103 likes this.
  34. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (465) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I do agree that inital batch of BBH was awesome and then slumped for the next couple. I can also say that this batch out of the bottle wowed me just like when I had it on release day at the saucer.
  35. Ford

My wife is checking now... if not.. then I'll have her try the shell station...
  36. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

You think the base beer is changed?

Good to hear. Hope it's tasty! :)
  37. Azzy

Azzy Savant (290) Texas Jul 16, 2012

I haven't had this yet, but the first time I did was their first release at Hay Merchant of the beer. It was delicious back then. I hope this Is the same. Cracking a bottle open an aging the other.
  38. Texas_Speed

My wife is heading to the Shell Station as we speak.
    Ford likes this.
  39. Ford

Let me know what she finds... I might be on my way there in a few minutes.
  40. Texas_Speed

My wife just secured me a bottle. She said there is about 10 left.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.