1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon Barrel Hellfighter

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by icetrauma, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westxbk

westxbk Zealot (90) Texas Apr 4, 2010

Headed down to Houston this weekend, any chance of me finding it still sitting in a store? If it's already gone and anyone has one for trade I can get anything from Freetail that they currently have (or anything else I can find around San Antonio) and still have some Pumpkinator I could part with - shoot me a BM :).
  2. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

If youre coming in from i10 west, like mentioned before I'd hit up the herbs out.near 99
  3. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I once knew a guy named Herb, but he was more into red wine (Cabernet, Merlot, etc) than beer.
  4. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

He did however run a Hellfighter only store near 99.
  5. Crack2000

Crack2000 Aficionado (200) Texas Dec 10, 2010

Sugarland Specs on Williams Trace got some in yesterday, had to ask for it
  6. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

no wonder the heb on fry and 99 was so lame, they put them out in a hidden area (between the wine) AND they labeled it bodacious. Why? Because Bodacious and FraGeeLay and Hellfighter all have the same UPC. Krunkin and Yule have the same UPC as well.

there is about half a case of HF left as of this morning at 8am.
    HopAG likes this.
  7. DanzBorin

I know that Specs on Westheimer and Kirkwood got a shipment yesterday. Not sure how many they have left as they kept them in the back of the beer department.
  8. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

There's 4 cases at Kroger on I-10 and studemont, have to ask. 1 per person, but being the charming man that I am, the lady let me have 2. Also they have about 2 cases of Frageelay left too. As well have to ask
  9. jaymesbawned

jaymesbawned Savant (280) Texas Feb 1, 2011

Did she get Azzy'd?
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  10. SBoyar1

SBoyar1 Aficionado (200) Texas Nov 14, 2012

I bought 2 at the HEB Bunker Hill yesterday just before they sold out. Sean, one of their beer guys, said they were hoping to get some more, but probably wouldnt. This probably doesnt help anyone but just FYI....
  11. DanzBorin

They had some yesterday?! If so they lied to me when I went in on Monday.
  12. Ford

Ford Savant (470) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Sugar Land Flying Saucer will have this and every other Karbach beer on tap tonight..
    jbeezification and champ103 like this.
  13. DanzBorin

I'd love to check this out, but can't make it. Maybe next week at Hay Merchant, but I doubt it. Wednesdays are a tough day to get out for me.
  14. SBoyar1

SBoyar1 Aficionado (200) Texas Nov 14, 2012

Yes...I think they released a few Monday night and either saved the rest for Tuesday or got more in....
  15. Ford

Yeah I was thinking of going, but Wednesdays aren't the best for going and having four or more beers.. and the weather outside..is not great.
  16. DanzBorin

Not putting them out is one thing, but telling me they sold out instead of letting me buy some is pretty crappy. Sadly this isn't the first time they've done this to me. I'm not trying to hawk a case or anything. I'm not some know beer hoarder. lol

Guess if you aren't buddies you get shut out.
  17. DanzBorin

That's truth!
  18. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (475) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I am probably gonna go to the Rockwell tap takeover since its closer to me for weeknight drinking.
  19. DanzBorin

Love that place!

It's just a long haul for me. I live near Beltway and Westpark. I can get to Petrol and Back faster than I can get out 290. :(
  20. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

I like the label.
  21. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (375) Texas Aug 16, 2012

Rockwells rocks! Brian and Tiffany are great beer heads.
  22. DanzBorin

When I used to live in Copperfield it was my only local refuge. Sadly I found out about it like 3 years after I moved there.
  23. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (475) Texas Oct 15, 2011

Woo Rockwell! I haven't been there in awhile. As far as I know it has only been a great craft beer place for a couple years so you probably didn't miss much. I actually live in Copperfield now.
  24. DanzBorin

Yeah, I'm sure that once Tiffany took over she helped the craft beer along. I remember driving by there a few times and seeing the sign about having the best burgers but figured it was a gimmick. I heard about the craft beer thing and went to check it out and found out the burgers were indeed tasty as advertised.
  25. DonD

DonD Aficionado (240) Texas Jun 23, 2008

Are you on their email list? Next time you stop in, sign up. They do some email only releases that require password and don't put it on twitter or faebook. They sent this out Tuesday morning. Not sure if they purposely held back a specific amount or got more delivered.

"Karbach Hellfighter Release (kind of again!)

limit 2, no password, just come find me in the dept. if you got some yesterday here or somewhere else, please be kind to our other beer fans and let them grab some. limit 2 - thanks as always! "
  26. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

A ton of stores didn't get shipped until Tuesday, some even today, that is more likely the case. A ton of Krogers and HEB didn't get anything until yesterday or today so sounds right
  27. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

She must have thought I was more charming, all I am saying on this matter..... Oh well must add she must be a dog person and not a CAT!!!
  28. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Advocate (575) Texas Dec 28, 2012

Seabrook/League City must have just got their Karbach delivery today. Nasa Specs and 2094 Specs both are stocked right now. The Specs on NASA doesn't even have a limit.
    TomHouTX likes this.
  29. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (325) Texas Aug 22, 2012

And of course I'm offshore. Oh well, at least I got one bottle.
  30. StArnoldFan

I ended up with 6... 2 from NASA , 2 from 2094 store and 2 from Bay Area Blvd. Hit me up if you have something worth a trade and want another.
  31. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (350) Texas May 17, 2012

Randall's on Memorial and Beltway 8 has a shelf full of bottles.
    mattchow likes this.
  32. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Savant (325) Texas Sep 10, 2012

I wonder if I'm too late for this one...
  33. FlyingKelly

FlyingKelly Savant (250) Texas Nov 28, 2012

They had two left (at least on the shelf) after I got my 2. That was noon today.
  34. kevinboyer

kevinboyer Zealot (95) Texas Apr 10, 2008

Think my GF got me the last two yesterday afternoon. :)
  35. DanzBorin

I need one if you still have an extra.
  36. StArnoldFan

BM me and we will work something out
  37. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (370) Texas Nov 7, 2011

Damn I missed this! I'm late on Karbach.
  38. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (350) Texas May 17, 2012

I just left Kroger on Studemont and snapped this photo from the beer endcap.

[​IMG]
  39. Ford

Wow... wish that wasn't 50 minutes from me!
  40. MoxJr

MoxJr Disciple (60) Texas Nov 6, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.