1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Brand Stout 12oz in PA?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by DrDemento456, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Haven't seen it around my area so I am wondering if anyone here in PA seen a shop offering a bottle or four pack of this.

Btw I know halftimebeverage.com has it for sale at 7 dollars a bottle but was hoping to find it local.

2. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

I'd suggest going to NJ if your anywhere close to the border. Joe Canals would be the first place I'd look and they also get Flower Power if your into that. Joe Canals are in several locations as well.

3. You are probably 2 months too late. I bought my bottles months ago at Wegmans in Malvern. Maybe someone has seen it lately, but it has to be getting scarce.

PS. $ 7 a bottle is not all that terrible. Wegmans was selling it at $ 24 a four pack.

4. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

It trades at $6 a bottle so when you figure in shipping @ $7 a bottle you can add a buck or two what it will cost. A 4 pk will cost you $28 bucks plus shipping. It's going to cost you $40 to order from an on line store, by my math that's 10 a bottle and that is steep.

5. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

$7 isnt bad...there were still some bottles floating around last month but i havent seen any in a bit. other than a bar in philly selling them for the low, low price of $16 each.

6. neas

neas Aficionado (160) Pennsylvania Oct 18, 2011

I bought mine in Philly in October, and it was $27/4pk.

7. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

There's a shop in NJ just across the river from Easton, PA selling it for $15/bottle! At that price it should be there for a while!

8. dnb128

dnb128 Savant (335) Pennsylvania Jan 9, 2012

There's a small six pack shop in Springfield Delaware county that I would not have expected to see BCBS at that had a 4 pack as of last weekend. It was pricey (31.50). But if you're in the area and desperate. It has been sitting waiting for an owner for a while.

9. Last time I was at Stone's Beverage in Fairmount there was still a case of it at $140 after tax. Haven't been in there in a few weeks to know if it is still available though.

10. Could you identify the shop? Just curious because the closest I found it to Easton was SuperSaver in Bridgewater.

11. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

FreeBridge Wine and Spirits...I think that's the name of the place. It's as close to Easton as you can be while still being in NJ. They have a nice selection of stuff and do growler fills of an eclectic mix of beers but some of their prices and policies were bonkers! I had to convince the owner to sell me a bottle of Kane 365 because she was "saving it for next year."

12. tkobble

tkobble Disciple (70) New Jersey Feb 6, 2011

Ron
    I am saving this beer because it should age very well. You seem to be bonkers for not realizing this!

13. I enjoyed it the same I don't believe it really needs aging the 2012 batch was great enough to drink now. I am however kicking myself in telling others of my Halftime beverage connection because they sold out in weeks and I already drank my 2 (4) packs