1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Brand Stout 2012 - Was supposed to hit here...???

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by waltersrj, Nov 27, 2012.

1. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

So where the hell is this stuff?!? I've asked numerous people at different beer spots, grocery stores, etc. and nobody has a clue as to whether or not this is coming. GI stated a "week of Nov. 27th release" for WA, OR, CA, etc.Well, today as we all know is the 27th and I can't seem to see or hear about any BCBS.

Does ANYONE have information on this? Perhaps I should just e-mail GI.

Cheers,
    Ryan

PS - I LOVE BCBS. Someone please point me in its direction...

2. ditto, any info is greatly appreciated. Need some more BCBS, down to 1 left of the 2008.

3. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Bottleshops typically get their Budweiser shipments Wednesday and Friday. Patience.

4. I bet you never thought you'd call crown for information on deliveries did you? ;)

5. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

The info I was given (for Oregon) was that they were re-introducing the year round 6pks like IPA, Honkers, Wit, etc, and if those sold well they would begin bringing in BCBS and other specialty stuff. In other words, we'll probably probably never see it, because who the fuck is going to buy a $9 6pk of GI Wit or Honkers when there's 200 other fresher, local choices sitting right next to them?

edit: I'm also kind of pissed off that Goose Island would put out a press release announcing the release, but didn't bother to put out a press release announcing that it wouldn't be coming any time soon. That leaves me in the unpleasant position of having to tell people that it won't be here any time soon, and listening to them tell me I'm a moron because "GI announced it was going to come the week of 11/27." At last count, I've answered 14 emails and 5 phone calls about this shit in the last 2 days.

6. waltersrj

No kidding Hollis.

7. waltersrj

Well that's annoying for you and I!!!

8. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (785) Washington May 12, 2005

I love Goose Island's response to their ridiculous supply issues in the great lakes region - ship to more states!

Hope we see it, but it's gotten so damn annoying to get this beer in the region it's produced that they should really probably rethink their model.

9. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

I've seen multiple posts about cases upon cases sitting in stores in the Mid West.

I only want 1 case :(

10. This is true

11. dirtylou

I can assure you this is not the case in Chicago/Wisconsin - This was the case 3 years ago, but this beer is significantly harder to obtain than say The Abyss is here. Don't even get me started on Coffee/Vanilla/etc - those are gone in MINUTES!

12. Supposed to be here, on the shelves, by next week from a couple of bottleshop owners I've talked to.

13. exitmusic00

exitmusic00 Savant (275) Oregon Mar 15, 2010

This was true until this year, with last year being the pinnacle of BCBS madness. I just moved from Chicago - buying one bottle of BCBS at a time fucking sucks, lemme tell ya. ;-) This year seems to be different, granted I'm not there. But last year, BCBS fer damn sure didn't make it into chain grocery stores and Walgreen's (ha!). I had a buddy visit Chicago this past weekend and he got a 4-pack...it still blows my mind. :)

As for the variants, that shit is just bananas...

14. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

I've been told by my Inbev guy that we aren't seeing any BCBS. I asked him if that was just Pierce County and he told me no, that's the entire state.

15. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Well that blows.

muchloveforhops3 and Lordkrystic like this.
  16. BigE90

BigE90 Aficionado (235) Washington Mar 19, 2011

This is confirmed with my Olympic Distributor friend. Found it to be funny that he was unaware of the GI press release stating that it actually was going to be distributed here.

ISO Multiple BCBS!

17. waltersrj

I'm so sick of this bullshit.

18. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Morgan at Beer Junction responded to a FB post recently saying that he was hoping it'd hit next week. I don't know if he knows something we don't or if he's still under the false impression (like the rest of us) that it is coming.

19. Lordkrystic

Crossing my fingers. It's amazing how little some of these guys know about their product. Should have seen my hair pulling moment trying to explain to a Sierra Nevada distributor what Narwhal was....a month after its release. Aye carumba

draheim likes this.
  20. Smurf2055

Chuck has Honker's, Matilda, and IPA on tap right now, and was under the impression he would be getting multiple cases.

21. Lordkrystic

My guy is sitting here right this second saying no go for the state. Again, I hope he's wrong, but it doesn't look good.

22. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Is the latter based on the former?

23. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

I can't vouch for the midwest, but this is definitely not the case on the East Coast either (as demonstrated by the numerous "where can I find BCBS" threads in the Mid Atlantic and NorthEast forums). So far I've found exactly one store that had any (a DC whole foods store, selling 4 packs for $23 a pop - which out here is a considered a DEAL). I've "heard" of other stores that got some in, but the allocations seem to be so small, it was practically guaranteed they would run out before I would be able to get over there (so I didn't even bother to try).

By comparison, obtaining bottles of the Abyss this year has been an absolute piece of cake.

24. Smurf2055

He said he should be getting some before he got the kegs. He has been wrong before though, as have the distributors.

25. Lordkrystic

Looks like at least another week for FW 16. Bombers are probably gonna be over 20 bucks.

maltmaster420 likes this.
  26. 16 is already in WA.

27. dirtylou

Where has this been spotted - I've been in a few spots that had an abundance of 15 last year and saw nothing.

28. Lordkrystic

Curious myself...

29. Lordkrystic likes this.
  30. dirtylou

31. Lordkrystic

Curses to Pierce County. 22 bucks a bomber. Ouch.

32. You southerners have plenty of bottle shops though. Keep away from special brews or else ;)

Lordkrystic likes this.
  33. On a side note, does anyone know when Ivan is supposed to hit WA? Sounds like it's other places in the country already.

34. waltersrj

Way to thread-jack Hollis! I was actually wondering this same thing. As the OP i'd like to open this up to be about any BA Imperial Stouts that should be here already and aren't!!!

35. Ivan is here already. Was at total wine on Sunday i think and Whole foods yesterday. What about barley wines, does that keep with the theme of the thread? Any one know when MOAS will be here. i've been hearing this week or next. But only the top 20 pelican sellers will get some. So I've been looking out for it

36. oregone

oregone Savant (375) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

Sounds like they're still taking phone orders for MoaS. I'd guess end of the week whatever is left will go out after. Pure speculation though, but makes sense to not trim their margin on more than they have too. MoaS release thread had a guy that just called in getting a case.

37. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Wow. It's interesting how this thread has morphed. Anyone know where I can get a Block 15 Kriek?

ggfunk and Lordkrystic like this.
  38. ggfunk

ggfunk Savant (280) Oregon Mar 29, 2010

Also, I am ISO Madden 02 forGameCube.

39. Smurf2055

I'm trying to find the winning powerball ticket!!! Anyone know where to get one?