1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Brand Stout 2012 - Was supposed to hit here...???

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by waltersrj, Nov 27, 2012.

1. after maltmaster gets his B15 kriek, I am also ISO

2. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Doesn't MaltMaster420 work at Belmont Station?

3. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

I like the PNW forum. Think I'm going to start spending more time browsing around here.

Shmeal, ArchEnemyBrew and Lordkrystic like this.
  4. Send me a growler of bodhi DIPA and I won't report you for trespassing in PNW territory. :D

MarkIntihar likes this.
  5. MarkIntihar

If I find it somewhere around here that's willing to do growler fills, I'd be more than happy to!

6. Hit me up. Plenty of NW goodies to exchange for it.

7. MarkIntihar

Word, but I have to warn you that I've rarely seen it around. :( Will definitely keep an eye out though!

8. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Yes, but they didn't let us have any bottles of Kriek. As far as I know, the only bottles that came to town were released at Bailey's during their tasting.

On another note, I found a copy of Madden for GameCube...

SatlyMalty and ggfunk like this.
  9. maltmaster420 likes this.
  10. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I wasn't sure if you worked at Belmont Station. Good to know that. We were down there recently for the HotD release -- a bunch of deaf guys -- obviously couldn't have missed us if you were working at the time. The staff has always been extremely friendly and helpful. That is much appreciated.

That said, how often do you get the limited releases from Block 15? We were lucky enough to get the Strawberry Fields during our last visit. There seemed to be a lot of bottles. Is this normal?

11. maltmaster420

Block 15 tends to rotate their special releases between the various specialty shops in town, and the place that hosts the release generally ends up with the lion's share of whatever they're releasing. In the case of the Kriek, Nick mentioned that they had very low yield, so they kept most of it at the brewery and sold some to Bailey's. The Strawberry Fields was probably the largest release we've hosted (in terms of bottle availability), so it's a bit of an anomaly. Most of the time we're lucky to get 3-5 cases of stuff and even luckier if it lasts most than a few days.

csano likes this.
  12. Speaking of which. I had a bottle of demons farm recently and it poured like actual syrup and drank like blended jello. Anyone else experience this? Strangest thing I've ever encountered in a beer

13. oregone

oregone Savant (375) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

Yes!
    We're a couple meanders away from our very own Oregon 'no rare beers from Washington' thread!

14. maltmaster420

Speaking of which, why do so many of the rare (and expensive) Oregon beers come out this time of year? It's punishing on my wallet.

15. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Cold weather = high abv./barrel aged beers = high prices.

At least that's how it seems to work out most of the time...

16. MarkIntihar

Yeah, this is definitely not a PNW exclusive thing. The next three weekends (starting next weekend), there are three separate midwest beer releases that I could go to, and I could conceivably spend hundreds of dollars at each one. Thus, the picking and choosing that must take place, for the good of my wallet!

17. maltmaster420

Rare beer aplenty
    unlike the evergreen folk
    and we have haiku

18. No rare beer up here
    Border crossing is a must
    To acquire these

19. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

To anyone interested:

Hello Ryan,

Trevor here with Goose Island. It’s great to hear that you are looking for the elusive Bourbon County Brand Stout and I will be happy to tell you what I know!

As you mentioned in your email, Bourbon County Brand Stout was released in Washington during the week of November27th. While we do not have a list of stores that will be receiving the brew, I would recommend contacting your favorite craft beer bar or store to see if they received any bottles.

I see that you are a step ahead of me when it comes to contacting your local stores. I have noticed that it normally will take a few days before it hits store shelves. I would recommend checking in with them every couple days to see if they can place you on a holding list for the brew. I personally have done this several times for our bourbon aged beers, since they sell out so fast. If you still do not have any luck; please do not hesitate to call me.

In the mean time, you can learn more about our beers by visiting us online at www.GooseIsland.com. You can also “Like” us on Facebook for the latest news, updates, and promotions we have going on.

Thanks again for the email, Ryan. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future, feel free to get back in touch. I hope you can enjoy a robust, smoky Bourbon County Brand Stout soon!

Trevor
    Your Friend at Goose Island

Lordkrystic and gueuzehead like this.
  20. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

^ For some reason the "Your Friend at Goose Island" makes me want to respond with,

Dear Trevor,

I feel I need to be honest about this situation. I'm just using you and your company like a cheap whore in order to get the one beer I like (with similar feelings after the purchase), and I fully intend to ignore the rest of the product you put on shelves. I hope that doesn't make things weird between us. You seem like a very nice man, but we probably shouldn't be friends.

21. exitmusic00

exitmusic00 Savant (275) Oregon Mar 15, 2010

ISO: RSBCBS

SatlyMalty and jpbebeau like this.
  22. At least BCBS has finally hit us here in Iowa, at least some in parts. I heard of some in the Des Moines area, and I picked up some recently in Cedar Falls. John's Grocery in Iowa City said they expected their's on December 4.

23. My bottle of Demon's Farm was pretty much identical to the glass I had on tap last month in Corvalis. It was thick, but not syrupy nor gelatinous.

24. oregone

On topic. Stay there.
    This is very serious.
    Beer. Let us discuss..

maltmaster420 likes this.
  25. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (520) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I like grapes.

26. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

I like turtles

27. You're a Maryland Terps fan? I always had you pegged for Florida State.

Smurf2055 and Sarlacc83 like this.
  28. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

DISLIKE....

29. The U?

30. sprucetip

sprucetip Advocate (510) Alaska Nov 13, 2007

It hasn't been easy to find, even in Illinois, since 2009.

31. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Hello Jeff,

Aaron here with Goose Island. It’s great to hear that you are looking for the elusive Bourbon County Brand Stout and I am thrilled to deliver some exciting news!

We just announced last that BCBS has hit stores in Chicago. While I understand you are in Washington, the news gets better. Your state received this fantastic stout on the week of November 27th. While we do not have a list of stores that will be receiving the brew, I recommend contacting your favorite craft beer bar or store to see if there are plans to get Bourbon County Brand Stout.

There is also a fantastic article in the Chicago Tribune than may shed some more light on the topic. I listed the link below.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/stew/chi-goose-island-312-20120911,0,941586.story

In the mean time, you can learn more about our beers by visiting us online at www.GooseIsland.com. You can also “Like” us on Facebook for the latest news, updates, and promotions we have going on!

Thanks again for the email, Jeff. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future, feel free to get back in touch. I hope you can enjoy a robust, smoky Bourbon County Brand Stout soon!

Cheers,

Aaron
    Your Friend at Goose Island
    1-800-Goose-Me (1-800-466-7363)
    www.GooseIsland.com

jpbebeau likes this.
  32. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Aaron's MY friend.

SatlyMalty, oregone and jpbebeau like this.
  33. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Looks like Goose Island has a friend for all of us. Wonder who mine is! :rolleyes:

SatlyMalty and guajolote like this.
  34. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Try the actual PNW. It's even better.

SatlyMalty, vurt and MarkIntihar like this.
  35. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Well whoever it is, I'm glad you've finally found one :p

36. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Good news! I wonder if this means we can look forward to the variants as well.

Lordkrystic likes this.
  37. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

38. BigE90

BigE90 Aficionado (235) Washington Mar 19, 2011

FYI, my Olympic beer friend laughed at these letters when I showed him. Must be in another distributors warehouse!

Lordkrystic likes this.
  39. oregone

Real friends tell you the truth. :(

Lordkrystic likes this.
  40. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

I have it on very good authority that BCBS is in fact in the state as I type this. No mention of bottle numbers or locations yet but there is a Goose Island release "party" happening tonight. Good news everyone! (I'd post a picture of Dr. Farnsworth but I'd probably get a month ban for it)

Lazerlobe likes this.