1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bourbon County Brand Stout in Texas

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by bccocx, Jan 29, 2013.

1. kmello69

kmello69 Member

No IPA's for me. I'll try some, but in general, can't sit and drink a whole one myself (there are some exceptions, but very few). Ive got some other really good stuff in route to me as well
    champ103 likes this.
  2. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Member

I would love to try BCBS. I'm not sure That I have much to trade, I have a few Westvleteren 12's, Black Albert, Black Damnation III, and quite a few XXIV and Pumpkinators.
  3. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 Member

Head to Houston, I got you old glory.
  4. crusian

crusian Member

Houston march 3rd, I think...
  5. crusian

crusian Member

I want some black damnation 3
  6. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

You got stuff that can totally pull BCBS and perhaps some of the variants if you so wanted
  7. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Are you kidding? I'd take Black Albert or Damnation III over BCBS
  8. lonestarbev

lonestarbev Member

I've got a few BCBS bottles that I can trade/share if someone in the area is still looking for some.

Rick
  9. HopAG

HopAG Member

So whats the ETA on this, I'm thirsty and want to go down the street for some BCBS
  10. bccocx

bccocx Member

Anyone have a friends at Brown Distribution (Austin)? I'm assuming they're the ones that will be distributing GI.
  11. bccocx

bccocx Member

Scratch that... March 1st according to twitter
  12. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Really?
  13. bccocx

bccocx Member

14. HopAG

HopAG Member

WHOA!

Bless the beer Gods if this is true!
  15. miikezombie

miikezombie Member

I could have easily walked out of Philly with 2 cases, but I really didn't want to pack boxes on vacation.
  16. crusian

crusian Member

I am guessing that BC will not show up this year... and to be honest, the regular GI stuff sucks.
    The sours are good and the BC line are good... but other than that. meh.
    jbeezification and DonD like this.
  17. bccocx

bccocx Member

They've all got label approval (bottles and kegs). I'm not sure why BCBS wouldn't show up. It may be similar to the Sixpoint release.... all releases pretty much poured in at the same exact time.
  18. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Please Odin of the beer world deliver this elixer of great deliciousness to Houston as well!!!!!
    HopAG likes this.
  19. crusian

crusian Member

They have had label approval since like 2006. lol.
    champ103 likes this.
  20. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

As has been stated before. Label approval doesn't mean they are bringing it here this year for mass distribution. The $'s involved to get the beer approved are so minimal to InBev that I would be surprised if they didn't do a blanket approval for everything in their lineup that is scheduled for production or release this year. Completing this process does mean that limited events can and probably will have things like BCBS.

I am frequently wrong and if so I will buy the shit out of this beer and post pictures of the all the beer I got instead of the other FW BA's...then I will spend the spring and summer as a drunken mess
    bccocx likes this.
  21. bccocx

bccocx Member

BCBS and BCBSC both received label approval on 01/10/2013 (bottles). Big John Imperial Stout was also approved on this date.
  22. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Jealous... still haven't been able to be at the right place at the right time...

And to the OP. We haven't even gotten 312 cans yet. I'd say the BCBS train is a long way off...
  23. bccocx

bccocx Member

Distribution doesn't start until 03/01. I think there's at least a chance that we get BCBS on release date (especially if its now a year round release). I doubt we'll see any BCBCS anytime soon, though. I'm sure InBev wants this to be a well done release. Ultimately, I'm sure we'll see it come October (according to the GI release schedule)

My guess would be these are released on day 1: 312, Honker's, IPA, Nut Brown, Summertime, Sofie, Maltida, Pepe Nero, Pere Jacques
  24. Danielbt

Danielbt Member

The good thing is that Brown is a competent distributor, so they aren't going to be fuckups and drop the ball like BEK or CBC inevitably would.

How ridiculous is it that the InBev distributor is the most able in this area?
  25. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I agree, but that isn't as soon as some people want the BCBS. By other posts I feel like they think that going year round means, "it's year round right now and where do I go to buy it?!"
  26. jaymesbawned

jaymesbawned Member

Looking forward to getting bottles of Sofie, Matilda, PN and PJ. Miss that gang from when I lived in Ohio. Too bad Fluer is dead. At least Nightstalker is coming back, though.
  27. codybear127

codybear127 Member

Ill take some! hah
    lonestarbev likes this.
  28. East1stgrocery

East1stgrocery Member

GI = sometime in March - FSW = sometime in April...
  29. crusian

crusian Member

Also keep in mind that BCBS is allocated... Pretty sure Colorado got 0 this year because they didnt sell enough regular stuff. (beer buyer told me)
    Same goes for Nevada IIRC. So just keep that in mind.
  30. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Member

That sucks, I hear their regular stuff isn't that great.

Related to FSW, will we see Parabala, Sucaba, etc ?
  31. GregSVT

GregSVT Member

Sucaba will be released before they distribute here so it's highly unlikely. Parabola could show up but we'll have to wait and see.
  32. Azzy

Azzy Member

Good thing I have a few bottles of 12 BCBS Stashed. Idk if Id buy a case, but Id definitely but two 4 packs. BCBS is a great beer..
  33. ext1rpate

ext1rpate Member

I just Lutter'd all over the place.
    Azzy likes this.
  34. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

For the love of all that is holy, no one buy Pepe Nero. I'd call it as one of the worst beers I've ever had. It may sound like it's good, but it's no bueno.
    champ103 and kevinscott like this.
  35. kevinscott

kevinscott Member

I bought a 4 pack when I was in Chicago... been trying to pawn that crap off on guests ever since.
  36. gtermi

gtermi Member

I will for sure buy a few cases when it gets here. I bring back around a case when I come back from Chicago and dear god is it not enough. I'm down to 12 bottles now.
  37. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Oh the inhumanity! :D
  38. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Good luck even getting 2 4packs the first year this hits TX.
  39. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

I was talking with Marc at the FW Saucer. He seems confident that he will get a keg of this this year. Perhaps it'll be for next years beer feast but still.
  40. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Do they serve liquor at fw flying saucer?