1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bourbon County Coffee/Cherry in NJ

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by mikeburd1128, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Timmush

Timmush Member

I have been looking all over somerset and hunterdon counties for either BC cherry or coffee and can not find them anywhere. Anyone ?
  2. phishphorce

phishphorce Member

Not sure how close this is to you but Medford beverage had 12 Coffee's there this afternoon 17.99 and There was a case of Cherry Rye and Coffee' on the growler station at Spirits unlimited in Toms River today. Both were full when I got there. Not so full when I left.
  3. dmac621

dmac621 Member

Just picked one each up today from Spirits Brick. Guess Monmouth/Ocean just got their's in.
  4. Keyes88

Keyes88 Member

I just spoke to the Brick location and they said they didn't have it in their system :(

Any other shore locations have this?
  5. Reck

Reck Member

Would you mind naming the stores in nj on your way from Philly that had the coffee? I see medford beverages (is that the same as medford wine and spirits?) in your later post. Any others? Thanks!
  6. bbrown12

bbrown12 Member

I got the last cherry around noon. They still had more coffee though
  7. Keyes88

Keyes88 Member

I found a few at a Spirits Unlimted that said they didn't get it over the phone but had it in the back. Location was north of brick, less than 6 left.
  8. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Member

I'm kind of drunk, but have no fucking clue what this means. You found a few bottles that said something over the phone to you? I dk...
  9. Keyes88

Keyes88 Member

As mentioned in an earlier post, I called some stores and they said they didn't have it. I showed up at one that I called and it turned out they did. Just promoting bothering stores in person as sometimes they don't know what they are talking about or are hiding beer.

I was also trying to be secretive to the exact store so locals have a chance to get there before the forum trolls do.
    mikeburd1128 likes this.
  10. SkiBum22

SkiBum22 Member

Anybody see see Cherry in Northern Jersey?
  11. wittyname

wittyname Member

I think it was here for a second - then gone. Someone posted that Total Wine in West Orange got some by mistake, the Stew Leonards on 3 and Paramus (I think) had some, but were all reserved.
  12. Keyes88

Keyes88 Member

North Jersey already received their shipment. Best bet is to head south into High Grade territory as it looks like cherry is going to show up soon.
  13. bbpro47

bbpro47 Member

Highgrade North hasnt gotten cherry yet
  14. beernut

beernut Member

Max's in Freehold at the Raintree Plaza had them last Friday. Grabbed the last Cherry on the shelf, I asked about the Coffee, the employee said they were all out but he had 2 for himself. Wanted to know if I wanted one, he said it was no problem. I was very grateful, that employee is awesome in my book. Just wanted to share.
    DaGrizz likes this.
  15. TongoRad

TongoRad Member

North NJ spotting of BCBS Coffee today at Linwood Wines in Fort Lee- so it's in our area. Who knows for how long, though.

Just to confirm an earlier post- we already had Cherry Rye last month.
  16. headylamar

headylamar Member

So Canal's in Lawrenceville sent an email at about 2:15PM stating they were tapping a keg of Cherry Rye at 4:30 yesterday. My lovely fiance happened to be in the area at the time and grabbed a 32oz growler. w00t w00t! that shit is delicious. Such a nice mouthfeel and then a touch of tartness from the cherries. Very well crafted. Haven't had too many BCBS variants (2011 Coffee), but this one was spectacular.
  17. sfr26

sfr26 Member

^I was able to get a 32oz growler fill there as well, pretty sure I was standing behind her. You're a lucky man ha.

They only had enough for 18 fills, it's almost definitely all gone by today.
  18. headylamar

headylamar Member

I am very lucky!! She supports the addiction and is becoming quite the beer nerd herself.
  19. patm1986

patm1986 Member

it's gone. i literally just tried to fill and kicked the keg at less than a third of my growler and all foam.
  20. Keyes88

Keyes88 Member

Just got here now and you kicked it! Grrrrr...
  21. headylamar

headylamar Member

apparently they'll be tapping the much-maligned GI Nightstalker a week from today . . .
  22. patm1986

patm1986 Member

sorry, dude. but if you were me, you wouldn't be too happy about the outcome.
    less than a third filled, and they wanted 12 for it. i gave it back to them, so they could sample it to patrons.
    at least i got a taste!
  23. Keyes88

Keyes88 Member

I'm only teasing! I literally missed it by a minute, you had to have just walked out as I went in. Interestingly, there was no growler to try it...that would have been worth it to me.
  24. patm1986

patm1986 Member

hahah yea, man. they poured it into these little plastic dentist cups at the growler station.
  25. Keyes88

Keyes88 Member

How did i miss this? why didnt anyone tell me? :(