1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Coffee @ Plainfield Binny's

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by PHBoiler, Jan 24, 2013.

1. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (505) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

The Plainfield, IL Binny's just tweeted 20 minutes ago that they have 3 cases of Bourbon County Coffee in stock and to hurry in. I'm out in St. Charles, and I'm not a big bourbon guy, but I figured that somebody could use this information to their advantage. Hope some fellow BA gets their weekend made and picks some of this up before it's gone. Their twitter handle is just @plainfieldbeer so follow along and good luck.
  2. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

....and they're gone.
    Nachos4two, Bay01 and founder26 like this.
  3. been seeing it randomly at several stores throughout Chicago lately.. hard not to buy one when you see it just sitting there...
  4. mdomask

mdomask Savant (310) Illinois May 27, 2012

That is generally why stores put merchandise on shelves instead of leaving it in the back room.
    pschul4, TMoney2591 and crushedvol like this.
  5. thereal

thereal Aficionado (180) Illinois Apr 20, 2010

I hate to be that guy, but this is a much different beer than it was upon release. The coffee seriously fell off big time.

If you can't find a bottle, and are into an IP Chicago trade, I happily have one for you.

Note: I am not a trader, like not at all. But there may be someone who could use this more than me.

6. While I can't argue with your opinion, I find it hard to believe the coffee has faded that much is less than 3 months.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally drink a 2011 or 2010?
  7. thereal

Like I said, I HATE being that guy. I won't be a dick about an IPA that's a few months old, nor will I shake fists in the air shouting at gods that Three Floyds doesn't bottle date. And, shit, maybe I just had a bad bottle.

I was able to buy three this year. I drank the first one right away and it was wonderful, like a nice, mellow roasted coffee supporting all the other qualities a BCBS is expected to have. Honestly, one of the best beers I have ever had.

I had bottle number two last weekend at a brunch, and it really just sort of tasted like a slightly roastier BCBS. The strong coffee character was completely missing.

Hey, maybe I just had a cold, or a nose hangover, I am not infallible. My nose and palate are pretty decent more often than not, though.

Perhaps I will just drink my third bottle JUST IN CASE.
    dvelcich likes this.
  8. mdomask

mdomask Savant (310) Illinois May 27, 2012

Nah, you got me convinced. Get rid of that thing, ASAP. I'll take it and make sure it's disposed of properly.
  9. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

I had one a couple weeks ago, and it was still amazing. To me, there was no noticeable difference than it was when I opened it within a week of release.
  10. bradner

bradner Savant (330) Illinois Dec 26, 2007

Aren't these part of a new batch?
  11. aclara

aclara Aficionado (135) Illinois Mar 16, 2011

batch date 11/12/12, if thats helps
  12. aclara

aclara Aficionado (135) Illinois Mar 16, 2011

dont forget to stop by Nevins brewing company....country night!
  13. jeonseh

jeonseh Savant (485) Indiana Oct 14, 2007

I actually like the bottle I had 2 weeks ago more than the one I had the week it was released. Oddly enough, I thought the coffee showed itself more. The one I had later seemed to have more of the in your face coffee that the 2011 had fresh.
  14. thereal

Sorry, ImperialSnout has me convinced to give this another shot.

If it sucks, I'll toss some coffee grounds in there and French Press that bitch.
  15. krl2112

krl2112 Advocate (550) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

Still 20 left this morning. 20 cases of Hopslam just arrived as well.
  16. jplopez21

jplopez21 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

I was just there last night around 5:00 looking for Blackout Stout and Bigfoot (they wont be getting any Blackout at all). They had neither. One of the beer guys luckily told me about their BCBCS stash and picked myself up a bottle. First time I've ever had it, but I wouldn't say its better than regular BCS. Still awesome tho. And still looking for Cherry Rye if anyone knows anywhere that has it.

One of the cashiers told me however that one of the small liquor stores by one of the beer guys that works there were getting CASES of BCBCS and they werent getting any at all. I guess the store manager must've called the distributor or something and bitched, so they got 3 cases in.
  17. jplopez21

Apparently about an hour ago they just got in DFH 120 minute as well. About to head over there.
  18. krl2112

Yes it seems that veryone has been getting 120 in the past couple of days.
  19. bradner

bradner Savant (330) Illinois Dec 26, 2007

Plenty of 120 around. Nowhere near as limited in past years based on the number of cases that have been showing up.
  20. jplopez21

Went to the binnys in plainfield, as I was coming in, guy walked out with whole case of 120 minute. @ $10 a pop, that shit aint cheap. Picked up 8 myself and that was still hella expensive. Also still had some BCBCS left. BTW if anyone is interested, Naperville binnys has Blackout Stout, Bigfoot, Lagunitas Imperial stout and 120 as well.
  21. krl2112

BA Blackout in Naperville or regular?
  22. jplopez21

no, regular. I wish it was BA. No BA bigfoot either.
  23. krl2112

OK thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
  24. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

#goandpickoneupformebro