1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County in Maine?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by sk8man121, Nov 14, 2012.

1. sk8man121

sk8man121 Savant (280) Maine Aug 24, 2007

Anyone seen it or know anything? I heard Thirsty Pig was going to get a keg of it last week but it was delayed because of the storm, so maybe they've got it now. Bottles, though?
  2. Nothing to report. Haven't seen it.

Last update I heard was early November, but that came and went.
  3. Got an email today that this is hitting the shelves tomorrow, 11/15. I'll believe it when I see it, but this is encouraging news. Haven't seen any rumblings yet on the BCBS Mass thread. Is it possible that Maine gets it before them?
  4. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

no, mass has it
  5. Where in MA have you seen it? I've been waiting.
  6. Somewhere somebody said something about the distributor holding onto the initial shipment and waiting for more to land before sending it to stores. (I realize how vague that is, but it was in one of the dozen different BCBS threads, some of which have been nuked) So technically it's in MA, just not on shelves yet.
  7. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

Not sure what that means, few places got it this week.
  8. Who got it?
    AleLovinRuskie likes this.
  9. Brez07

Brez07 Initiate (0) Maine Sep 29, 2009

Hey Mass guys, get your own thread ;)

For Maine, today should be first day it hits shelves
  10. makomakoman

makomakoman Disciple (70) Maine Apr 6, 2011

Got me some today.

Will have one tonight
  11. BUGK08

BUGK08 Zealot (95) Maine Jun 14, 2009

Hit the shelves this morning at Madden Beverage in Saco.

[​IMG]
  12. Casey10

Casey10 Savant (330) Maine Feb 10, 2008

Bootleggers in topsham has it as of yesterday. They quoted me $22 a four pack is that right?
  13. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

Ill I have heard of was Biere Celler got 2 cases and Bootleggers said they got 1....
  14. Brez07

That's a good price. Paid $24 for mine
  15. DrEntropy

DrEntropy Aficionado (140) Maine Jun 26, 2010

It was on draft at the Thirsty Pig last Friday and given the pour price, is probably still on tap.
  16. Bier Cellar is out, RSVP sold their last case this afternoon (not to me). Lois' had a few 4pks left as of 6pm.
  17. Chowdahead

Chowdahead Aficionado (235) Maine Jan 26, 2008

How much was the draft price at The Pig? I walked by there a few times this week and saw they were advertising it but figured it would be really expensive. As much as I wanted to stop in for a draft with the releases of Cant Dog, BCBS, Bolt Cutter and Coolship Red all within about 10 days my beer budget was tapped out.
  18. Chowdahead

Chowdahead Aficionado (235) Maine Jan 26, 2008

I was at Downeast on Monday and it looked like they still had a few cases left. Not sure if there is still any left but they had the most I have seen recently.
  19. DrEntropy

DrEntropy Aficionado (140) Maine Jun 26, 2010

$9 for what I thought was a 12 oz pour - a bit hard to tell in the glass they were using. Tasty but as typical, a big boozy mess that needs to age for a bit - I had a bit of a hard time finishing it. We opened a 2009 a couple of weekends ago and it was drinking magnificently.
  20. colbyguy

colbyguy Aficionado (120) Maine Jan 15, 2012

Tully's in Wells has some. $25
  21. LostTraveler

mathematizer likes this.
  22. Swett's Citgo (Bangor) and Bangor Wine and Cheese both had it as of Saturday. I only saw it at Swett's where it wasn't going anywhere fast, and was told BWC had plenty as well.
  23. Brez07

Oh, happy day. Guessing mid December?
  24. Cherry has hit ME. Bangor Wine and Cheese has cherry right now. While I live in Boston, it's good to have family in the area that can run beer errands :)
  25. BaconCheeseburg

BaconCheeseburg Zealot (95) Maine May 19, 2012

I bought some Cherry Rye at Natures Way in South Berwick. They are almost certainly sold out by now. Carl's in Kittery said they had not received it. I don't know if Carl's will or not.
  26. LostTraveler

I bought a Cherry in Bangor Fri, any sightings of Coffee yet?
  27. I talked to Hogan Road Deli last Thursday about coffee. She called her distributor, who said they have not received it in their warehouses yet. Her best guess was later this month or January.
  28. Whole foods still has some BCBS.
    Around $23/4pk.
  29. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Madden Beverage in Saco still had better than a case on Friday. Got some Cherry Rye as well, but that's gone now. Tully's thought they were getting the Coffee last week but they got Night Stalker instead. Nobody seems to know if it's coming or not. I'm hearing the distributor sales people are woefully uninformed on the Goose Island stuff in general.
  30. LostTraveler

BMC conspiracy
  31. Cenosillicaphobe

I heard back directly from Goose Island yesterday, and they tell me that the BCBCS is coming to Maine, but they don't know which stores exactly, though I'd assume the usual places (Tully's, etc.). They also failed to specify any sort of time frame.
  32. BUGK08

BUGK08 Zealot (95) Maine Jun 14, 2009

BCBCS hit the shelves today. Limited allocations, looks like about 4 bottles per shop.
  33. Cenosillicaphobe

Damn...looks like I'm getting shut out of the Coffee on all fronts...bummed.
  34. Cenosillicaphobe

Hold the phone...just talked with my wonderful beer lady...and apparently I was #3 on the list...so I'm now stoked...rather than bummed.
  35. Cenosillicaphobe

SIIIIICK...just bought myself a BCBCS, a Night Stalker, and a Big John...today was a good day. [/Ice Cube]
    LostTraveler likes this.
  36. Casey10

Casey10 Savant (330) Maine Feb 10, 2008

bootleggers in Topsham, ME has 2 four packs of regular bcbs the counter for sale as well as Coffee and Night stalker on shelf as of about an hour ago that I left. Coffee was $11.99 so I did get one of those didn't grab any Nightstalker so didn't catch the price.
  37. Lukaduke

Lukaduke Aficionado (160) Maine May 22, 2012

Sweet price... that should of been $18.99. I know that is about $2 less than they actually paid for it.
  38. LostTraveler

Night Stalker was $8.99, I didnt see the BCBS, but did get the BCBCS for $11.99, still had 2 left as of 6pm
  39. Snagged two BCBCS yesterday at the Hogan Rd Deli in Bangor. If anyone is still looking for cherry, they have a good amount left at Burby and Bates in Orono.