1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bourbon County Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by chi16brew, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexHouston

AlexHouston Member

It's funny to see people talking about buying 3-4 packs at $25/pack. And people say these are rough economic times...
  2. AlexHouston

AlexHouston Member

And I'm not hating on what people got, by all means buy it and drink it, I just find the irony pretty delicious.
  3. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Member

Is it really? The economy is better now than it was several years ago. People are still buying houses, cars, taking vacations, and yes, premium beer. I know several people that cannot afford to go out and buy a whole 4 pack even, and just 1 bottle is a lot for them. Others can afford to buy all they want. Economy may not be great but plenty of people have enough to spend on their favorite beer once a year.
  4. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Member

for some people, yeah. luckily, not for me.
  5. ChiTownPackFan

ChiTownPackFan Member

I always laugh at this type of commentary on here. Just because some can afford it, doesn't mean that there aren't many that can't. That and you are taking a sampling from a very avid group of Beer Advocates. If you were to poll 100 people who have at least one beer a week, I'd venture to say at most about 5% would be purchasing Bourbon County, and and only about 20% of those people are buying more than 1 four pack. (and those estimates are probably a quite a bit higher than the real numbers)

Some people spend their money on hobbies like wine, golfing, etc. My favorite hobby happens to revolve around the world of craft beer.
  6. wheebrew

wheebrew Member

The Teddy's Liquors on Rand Road in Arlington Heights has a lot, supposedly they also have some bottles of rare in the back!
  7. Jwren5

Jwren5 Member

The Lakeview Binnys is on their last case. They also have some 3 floyds zombie dust,pride and joy, munsterfest, risgoop, dreadnaught, rye of the tiger (or whatever it is, I don't quite recall), and artic panzer. I heard murmurings of alpha king but don't know if they're out.
  8. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Member

Yeah, but they gouge you! I think they were selling Devil Dancer for $10/bottle. Can't believe they aren't charging at least $10/bottle for bcbs!
  9. evilc

evilc Member

Depending on which metric from which biased group you believe....
  10. AlexHouston

AlexHouston Member

Like I said, people can take advantage of the free market and buy as much as they can. I don't blame any of us for doing it, but I still find it humorous that even in more strict times, people can drop triple digits on a beer they have to jockey with other advocates to get.
  11. AlexHouston

AlexHouston Member

Yea, that's true, there's always exceptions to rules, but opinions stem more from generalities, not instances when something doesn't work out.
  12. 71gto

71gto Member

Didnt have time to post this last night, but St Charles Binnys on 38 had some last night. They had it in the back, sounded like they still had plenty left. $21.99 a 4 pack, so if you are in the area its worth a shot.

Also ran into some pretty cool guys from Colorado and talked with the beer guy there for a bit.
  13. bgrzywa2

bgrzywa2 Member

Fat Pour has it on tap for a cool $12 per 10oz pour
  14. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Member

4 cases left at 4pm, $21.99 limt 1 4 pack. Have to ask for MR but no list $16.99
  15. cpdrews

cpdrews Member

My buddy got a growler of the 2012 at a place in Oak Creek, WI for $22. Crazy.
    ravot likes this.
  16. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Member

4 cases left at 4pm, $21.99 limt 1 4 pack. Have to ask for MR but no list $16.99
  17. markrmoser

markrmoser Member

I tried one, its was great!
  18. ravot

ravot Member

someone else is saving me another four pack, while this is only about 2 blocks from me, hoping someone else can enjoy it. have at it folks.

BTW, how much was the MR?

MR is one i want to hang on to, a couple or a few :) /barely hoarding.
  19. thewimperoo

thewimperoo Member

Where's this?
  20. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Member

On
    On Grand sorry I am on my crappy work phone.
  21. jokemon

jokemon Member

Arlington heights
  22. thewimperoo

thewimperoo Member

No worries. Thanks.
  23. bgrzywa2

bgrzywa2 Member

Road trip to Oak Creek? We leave in an hour
  24. plumcrazyfx

plumcrazyfx Member

All this talk about the "hows" of getting it. Enough of the chase, how's this years stack up?
  25. mjohnson17

mjohnson17 Member

So this confirms that BCBS is arriving in waves. Binnys on Grand got a bunch of cases Friday, sold out, and now have been restocked within a week. This is comforting to hear. People need not freak out, sounds like there will be enough to go around.
  26. evilc

evilc Member

ISO: drop shipped case - fedex early am delivery.
  27. mdomask

mdomask Member

Sounds similar to the staggered Lolita/Juliet release waves.
    ravot likes this.
  28. Der-ricious
  29. Oh, and Plainfield Binny's got 15 cases in today. 4 pack per person.
  30. ravot

ravot Member

it's great. i started last night with a 2012 kbs, madame rose, then this years bcbs (freedom of 78 was my night cap)
    you can definitely taste and smell the (good) boozyness. BCBS didn't have any it to it (not a bad thing) explosion of chocolate.
  31. funhog

funhog Member

Now who's going to believe that!;)
  32. funhog

funhog Member

You'll have to go to a different thread for that.
  33. beerking

beerking Member

Everybody should remember that GI said they had 10X as much coming to Illinois.
    It can't all be delivered at once. Before long you might have to choose between
    Christmas/Holiday gifts and that four-pak of GI BCBS!:D
    otrejo likes this.
  34. plumcrazyfx

plumcrazyfx Member

Maybe I'll do that. But I'll wait until I have some in my itchy hands - no need to ramp up the hype even more until I can score a little. :)
  35. jokemon

jokemon Member

whole foods schaumburg has it, you must ask the lady behind the cheese counter. 22/4
  36. jokemon

jokemon Member

BOOZY , and very thick. I notice the booze a lot more in this one. However, there is a lot of flavor in the background. pretty good i would say.
  37. kenm2118

kenm2118 Member

Gentelman and ladies, check your local Dominicks. Found a few 4 packs at mine. $23.99/ 4 pack. They were in the cooler-weird but oh well
  38. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Member

Tabbs on Rockwell and Chicago $23.99...just got one and they had plenty still
  39. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Member

I was in Walgreens in the West Loop and they had ddba, Brux, rev beers and some others. So I thought, hmmmm wonder any way they would get bcbs? So far I haven't seen any.
  40. SchuStar

SchuStar Member

Ahh, thats comforting. Who said the BCBS days of 2009 are gone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.