1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by luisc123, Mar 21, 2013.

1. So it looks like California got shut out of BCBS bottle-wise, but kegs are starting to pop up in unexpected places. Let's keep track of when and where. We already have Out of the Park Pizza in Anaheim tapping it tonight at 4pm.

Yardhouse Irvine should have it on tap next week sometime.

StarRaptor and yoitsarch like this.
  2. Sacramento got 2 kegs of BCBS during Sac Beer Week in February

3. yoitsarch

yoitsarch Savant (365) California Nov 13, 2012

I am also interested in this

4. Yardhouse is really close to me, interested in this as well. If i see any other mentions on social media, I will reply here.

grandmachine likes this.
  5. Yardhouse in Irvine is getting one? I will just have to stop on by since its literally 2 miles from my house since i cant make it to out of the park pizza tonight

6. Yardhouse has been getting some awesome stuff lately.

I had 120min recently on draught and Sucaba&Parabola in bottles.

7. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (575) California Dec 12, 2009

Keep it going!!

8. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

Mission Liquors in Fremont had a keg of it a few weeks back...along with other Goose Island offerings.

jtmartino likes this.
  9. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (395) California Nov 7, 2011

Ahh, Ab-InBev how I loath thee ! :D

10. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (330) California Nov 21, 2008

is all the awesome stuff for all yard house locations? or just the one in irvine?

11. I'm referring to the one in Costa Mesa, old Nike Town. I think the white board list is at all of them.

12. All Yardhouse locations have been getting amazing kegs lately. A bit crazy to see a bunch of Bud/Coors drinkers try something with a kick and hating it...

...More for us!

queens1130 and StarRaptor like this.
  13. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (330) California Nov 21, 2008

Thanks for the tips gentlemen, cheers!

14. mattdbh

mattdbh Savant (275) California Feb 21, 2009

They had a keg of it?? I was there for the Goose Island tasting event but they were just pouring samples from bottles. Bummed if I missed out on a whole keg.

15. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

I wasn't there, but told by others it was there.

16. Anybody know when the keg of Goose Island at Out of the Park finally blew? They were still pouring when I left around 6.

17. chodog

chodog Aficionado (155) California Dec 31, 2010

it kicked at 7:30, i was happy with my three pours

18. TheBoog013

TheBoog013 Savant (350) California Feb 24, 2011

I'll be tapping a 2012 BCBS at Ciro's Pizzeria and Beerhouse @6pm next Friday, March 29th.
    Cheers!

19. Doh!!!

20. TheBoog013

21. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (415) California Mar 13, 2009

22. They've been announcing this for a few days now. Unfortunately, I was not able to break free today. Ciro has connections. :)

23. tyrsis

Debating on if I want to drive down. I have like six bottles of the 2012 in the fridge... but getting some on tap in SD would be pretty cool.

Which location is this being tapped at?

24. tyrsis

oh wait it was at 6pm... to hell with it

25. You need to put Ciro's on your Facebook Like list.

I wouldn't assume it is all gone, unless it is a really long drive for you. We are talking PB, you know.

26. tyrsis

It's not, but PB on a Friday... good lord.
    It's a DUI waiting to happen

MikeTen, RedBeeron and grandmachine like this.
  27. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (250) California Dec 10, 2010

The Taste of Orange event on April 28th will have Goose Island in attendance as one of the beer vendors. Maybe if we pray hard enough they will bring a keg or two Bourbon County.

28. No - you've got numbers in your favor. Unless there is a roadblock up, but even then it wouldn't even start until 10ish.

29. snoori

snoori Zealot (75) California Aug 30, 2010

I happened to walk into el prado in echo park tonight and it was on tap. I have no idea how long its been on or how much is left, but nobody seemed to be ordering it while I was there.

sportstsar likes this.
  30. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (290) California Nov 29, 2012

Churchill's on 4/11 FB EVENT

We will be having a Goose Island Brewing night on Thursday, April 11th at 6pm including the rare and tasty Bourbon County Stout! This will be the first keg in 3 years tapped in San Diego! We will also be pouring Matilda, Sofie, India Pale Ale, & Pere Jacques

31. I guess the BCBS keg that Ciro's tapped last night was a figment of everybody's imagination.

pmarlowe likes this.
  32. TheBoog013

Haha! Right? Where's the love? Ciro's had the first keg of BCBS but I was just happy to have it. Wait... Unless we didn't and it WAS just a figment of our collective imagination?!

rm20015 likes this.
  33. Sebowski

Sebowski Savant (325) California Jan 11, 2010

Fixed

34. Xul

Xul Advocate (530) California May 18, 2008

The Churchill's FB event was created on Thursday and it's possible, if not probable, that whoever manages their FB, be it Ivan or someone else, was unaware of the Ciro's tapping.

35. Of course that is the case, but I do not let reasonable explanations get in the way of snarky remarks.

To address Boog's question, love only goes so far, and at $10 a glass you only get my respect. :)

RedBeeron likes this.
  36. TheBoog013

Haha! Ouch... Although steep, any less would have negated the effort it took to be the first location with that particular beer. I think as the pipeline widens, we'll see more of Bourbon County variations and at a better price point. That 5 gallon keg was expensive!

37. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

How big were the pours?

38. As I said in another thread, it depended on who was pouring them. I'm not going to say much more than that, lest I get anybody in trouble.

39. TheBoog013

Pours were supposed to be eight ounces... Had a sample glass of water below tap for the staff. We had a really hard time with staff that night, my usual crew was out for various reasons and was forced to throw new people into the fire. If you saw discrepancies of note, you wouldn't be getting anyone in trouble. I actually felt terrible leaving with the staff I did but my newborn doesn't care about BCBS!:)

40. Let's put it this way - the only discrepancy I noticed was that the first pour was greater than 8 oz. LOL