1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by luisc123, Mar 21, 2013.

1. incubuscience

incubuscience Savant (415) Illinois Jul 26, 2012

This price isn't very unreasonable. I live in Chicago, we're flush with BCS, and it's still pouring for about $8/pour (generally 6-8 oz). An extra $2 to get it 900 miles away isn't too bad.
    jp7161 likes this.
  2. I didn't think it was that unreasonable, and I didn't think I was really being gouged. I was just indicating that my love has limits.
  3. incubuscience

Understood. And respected. As a BCBS fan, I'm quite tolerant... But glad I've got bottles, too. Haha. $8-10 a pour adds up fast.
  4. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

This thread is a bit old, but in case anyone cares Cannery Row Brewing in Monterey somehow has both BCBS and Cherry Rye on tap. I guess I picked a fantastic time to be in town for a conference.
  5. flaran

flaran Aficionado (155) California Mar 22, 2011

Jesus. We shoulda kept on driving past Capitola yesterday...
  6. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Initiate (0) California Sep 10, 2010

Whoa. Cherry Rye keg in California is kinda nuts. Feels like it would have to either be not authentic or a mistake on Goose's part that it got out here.
  7. bird22

bird22 Savant (405) California Jan 2, 2011

Funny thing is that it has been on tap since the 4th. Not sure how they got it, but it was for a Goose Island dinner there the weekend of the 5th. Pretty sure it was based around the Monterey Food and Wine Fest, which Goose Island was a sponsor of.
  8. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Initiate (0) California Sep 10, 2010

Jeeze... Someone go kill that keg. It really shouldn't last this long.
  9. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (455) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

I see bourbon county every time I open my fridge...:cool:
  10. stupac2

I'M ONLY ONE MAN
  11. grrrah

grrrah Savant (320) California Sep 21, 2009

Well, they have (had?) multiple kegs. Was poured the last of the Cherry Rye keg yesterday and today there was a new keg on. Still have BCBS, BCBCR, and Night Stalker pouring. $11 for a 13oz pour.
  12. stupac2

I really can't believe that, of all the places in CA to get multiple kegs... They must have some kind of relationship. Also, am I the only one who thinks regular BCBS is way better than Cherry Rye? I mostly drank Cherry Rye because walez bro, but the pour I had of regular was just flat-out better.
  13. incubuscience

Yeah, CR needs some (read: a lot of) time to mellow out.
  14. grrrah

grrrah Savant (320) California Sep 21, 2009

A
    That was my firs CR and agree completely. Went back for the BCBS and was surprised to see the CR flowing. Had to get one of each only because of the "walez" status, instead of just the regular. If it was the BCBS that blew, I might not have gone back.
  15. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (605) California Dec 15, 2012

Golden Road Brewing (across the freeway from the LA Zoo) had BCBS on tap today. They were providing 4 oz. pours. I didn't see anyone drinking it at the bar, so I don't know if they publicized this.
  16. How much per 4 oz pour?
  17. mrcraft

$7.
  18. They didn't publicize it. I had 3 generous pours yesterday. I think I saw one other person drinking it, but it could've been their RIS.
  19. mrcraft

Thirsty_Rob likes this.
  20. hansw

hansw Aficionado (125) California Oct 15, 2006

Was at CRBC yesterday both BCBS and cherry eye still on tap. I preferred the cherry rye,reminded me of my cherry pipe tobacco. Just outstanding.
    grrrah likes this.