1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bourbon County Stout coffee and cherry Rye in MD

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Crftbrfan, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Crftbrfan

Crftbrfan Member

Any word on MD timing on these two variants?
  2. BaltimoreBeerGuy

BaltimoreBeerGuy Member

I'm guessing nada as Goose Island f'ed Baltimore City and County with no BCBS this year. Just a guess, though.
  3. truckerock

truckerock Member

I think the lack of Baltimore distro was due to FP Winner not knowing what the F they are doing....
  4. jimmy666

jimmy666 Member

I don't remember Rye or Coffee being in AACO last time around either so I doubt we will see any :(
  5. Crftbrfan

Crftbrfan Member

Bcbs was plentiful in other parts of md, I got a case.

Rye and coffee where both avail in md last year also
  6. mwrecording

mwrecording Member

This is just Winner distro, not F.P...F.P Winner is a different company that does Corona/DFH/Stone/Sierra.

Winner has done an awful just getting their reps to even mention Goose Island, its been sad.
  7. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Member

Just start trading. Doubt we'll see any cherry rye.
    mwrecording likes this.
  8. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Member

I was wrong. Cherry rye will come to Md. Beerpulse has the distro list.
    runner440 likes this.
  9. truckerock

truckerock Member

Good to see. Wonder why DC gets no Cherry?
  10. hctap00

hctap00 Member

Should we assume that the same places that had BCBS will have Coffee and Cherry? Mostly AA County? What will be the best bet for those of us from Baltimore County?
  11. mwrecording

mwrecording Member

If its AA county, Frisco's will likely get some - at least on tap.

I'll make a note to have the manager working when the Bud rep comes in on Weds to see what he knows...doubtful its much though.
  12. gklover1

gklover1 Member

Is anyone willing to potentially set up a trade for one if you get multiple? Pls BM me.
  13. stephenjmoore

stephenjmoore Member

Anyone have any updates? Apparently Coffee is starting to show in Philly.
  14. CaptFrothy

CaptFrothy Member

Was in Cindy's last night, Weds 11/5 - nada.
  15. Evan

Evan Member

I called a few shops yesterday and they had either never heard of them or their distributors had given them absolutely no indication as to whether they would even get any. A couple of the places were told that the items were discontinued, so apparently some of the distributors aren't even sure what they are. I have been getting the same answers in VA as well. It sounds like the distributors will just drop it off one day without warning.
  16. starrdogg

starrdogg Member

You didn't hear it from me, but BCBCS just might've hit DC yesterday . . . No word on the Cherry Rye, though initial word was that DC wasn't getting it at all.
  17. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Member

guess I'll be making a few calls tomorrow
  18. steinauf

steinauf Member

friend of mine said that BCBS can be found in Hagerstown
  19. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Member

Not sure why the post was removed, but crescent beer and wine does not have any

nor have they any idea wtf bourbon county is
  20. Evan

Evan Member

Did you drive out there? The post did say they would tell you they didn't have it, if you called. Maybe a ploy to drum up some business?

I just stopped by Chevy Chase Wine, Rodman's, and called Whole Foods P St this morning. None of them have it yet.
  21. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Member

Yeah I drove out there. So did another BA. No dice.

Rodman's tweeted they aren't getting any today, so I would imagine that means DC is going at least another week without it.
  22. Evan

Evan Member

I was told by Rodman's and Whole Foods P St. that they are having trouble getting it due to the ABV. They both were able to get BCBS but apparently some kind of ABV cap (I was told 14%) has gone into effect in DC. It seems like the cap may be for grocery stores only as standard liquor stores still seem pretty confident they will get it. Whole Foods said specifically that they were expecting it today but then were told yesterday, by the dist., that the dist. was unable to deliver it because it was above 14%. As of this morning they were still fighting with the dist. to try and get a delivery of it. I can't find any info about the cap online though.
  23. femdistal

femdistal Member

Might have something to do with this: http://washingtoninformer.com/index...uncil-moves-closer-to-overhauling-liquor-laws
  24. Jtc2811

Jtc2811 Member

Heard from schnieders. No word on when they are getting it, but soon
  25. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Member

That would be absolutely awful.
  26. Jtc2811

Jtc2811 Member

Then DC would have one more similarity to cleaveland. This cannot stand!
  27. starrdogg

starrdogg Member

If this new law is for real, it seems like it only impacts stores that don't also sell liquor. Places like Whole Foods and Rodman's would be the only ones who suffer. Regular liquor stores are not affected.
  28. brees6221

brees6221 Member

Maybe it's a different bill or there's more to it, but all I found was this: http://beerpulse.com/2012/12/d-c-liquor-law-reform-bill-leaps-first-hurdle/

And when I googled "Omnibus Alcoholic Regulation Amendment Act of 2012" I found this: http://dccouncil.us/legislation/omnibus-alcoholic-beverage-regulation-amendment-act-of-2012

The only thing I see in there about ABV is increasing the percentage on wine sold by certain stores by 1% to 15. Nothing about lowering beer. Looks like there may be some shiny new growler stations coming your way in grocery stores and also for sale in brewpubs.

Also, I would have taken the day off work to watch the politicians "clarify what constitutes a nude performance". :D
  29. FatSkippy

FatSkippy Member

That law must be very new if true, Rodmans has DF 120 in stock
  30. Evan

Evan Member

Yeah, they have Mephistopheles' Stout as well. I can only assume they had that stuff delivered before this arose. I have no idea if this new cap is even true. After hearing it at two different spots I did start to get concerned though.
  31. truckerock

truckerock Member

Any update here?
  32. milo_leon

milo_leon Member

Any word on how many Coffee Magrudgers / Chevy Chase got in stock?

Also am curious if anyone know when Cherry will hit MD?
  33. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Member

I can't speculate as to how many Coffee's hit Magruder/Chevy Chase, but they are limit 2 and limit 1, respectively. I stopped by both and grabbed 3 total. This was Saturday (12/8) @ 2PM. Was a happy camper.
  34. milo_leon

milo_leon Member

Yeah I grabbed two from Magruder on Saturday morning, might pick up one more bottle later this week if they still have it. My friend went there yesterday but it was closed by the time he got there so he's worried if they will run out of stock by the time he makes another visit.
  35. jimmy666

jimmy666 Member

Just picked up the Coffee for $21.99 and Nightstalker for $10.99 at Fishpaws in Arnold:)
  36. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Member

Damn. ~50% more than DC stores I visited were charging for coffee. Ugh. Doesn't bode well for cherry rye prices.
    ottodyer likes this.
  37. bmmortale

bmmortale Member

Left Fishpaws a few minutes after 6PM, and they had 7 bottles of the Coffee left (1 bottle limit).
  38. duceswild

duceswild Member

Thanks for the heads up on Fishpaws. Stopped in there around 9 and there were about 4 bottles left all behind the counter. They had a lot of other good stuff available as well.
  39. crow121

crow121 Member

Magruders had some also as of 7 pm. $14.99 for Coffee, $10.99 for Nightstalker
  40. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Member

you look familiar