1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Stout in Colorado?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Schmittymack, Nov 26, 2012.

1. I know this has been discussed before but wondering if anyone in the liquor store business has any word as if/when Colorado is getting any BCBS? I wouldn't mind more--I have two four packs waiting for me when I get back to IL next month--so any info would be appreciated. I'm also hoping to land a Cherry Rye BCBS (keeping my fingers, toes, eyes, etc crossed on that one for a store back home to help me out again).

Looking forward to trying/getting Bruery's Five Golden Rings, too.

2. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

It would truly be a blessing if we got as much of it as some states got this year. Hoping to be able to get more than one 4-pack!

3. It's supposed to get here the week of the 27th (so sometime next week), a couple of stores I've talked to say that is still the planned date, but no official word either way has been given.

I'm hoping we get a decent amount as well...

4. fortsambo

fortsambo Savant (250) Colorado Feb 14, 2011

Stores will get 6 cases and put limits of 1 per, lol. Hoping we can at least buy a 4pk per.

5. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

I have heard from a couple sources that we won't be getting any this year... :(

6. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (420) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

yup.

7. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (465) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

Noooooo! :mad:

8. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Savant (310) Colorado Feb 20, 2010

Goose Island said Colorado was getting some.

9. Glad I secured my case already as a backup

SkeeterBoganski and tacosandbeer like this.
  10. tacosandbeer

can i get half of that...

11. Seriously??? Not happening?

12. So that Chicago Tribune article from September was just... wrong? I figured we wouldn't get any Coffee or Cherry Rye, but it seems like every backwoods Walgreens east of the Mississippi got 12 cases of the regular BCBS.

13. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

It has been widely reported as coming this week to Colorado, I'd be surprised if it doesn't come this week.

14. Kuester

None??? Thats ridiculous if true, just the fact that they over-saturate the other states too...

15. I would be very surprised if they reneged after saying CO would get some. I suspect these sources meant Cherry Rye and Coffee, which are confirmed today as not coming to CO

16. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

My sources have stated that BCBS will not be making it to CO as of GABF week, which was after GI said we would be getting some. I trust these sources pretty well. So.......... yeah.

17. StubFaceJoe

StubFaceJoe Initiate (0) Colorado Nov 24, 2011

I talked the AB guy at Total Bev and he said doubtful.

If it were fantasy football, I wouldn't start BCS this year.

18. Kuester

Wow...that sucks

19. That is a major bummer. With how widespread distribution was everywhere else, I thought for sure we would be pretty well stocked.

20. Selling it in Walgreens and sitting on shelves for a month around Chicago and midwest but can't distribute any to CO like advertised? Way to step up and get people interested in buying your products!

21. bitromp

bitromp Zealot (80) Colorado May 23, 2012

Was at Falling Rock guring GABF week when they tapped BCBS and Coffee BCBS. I spoke to one of the reps there for the event and asked about BCBS showing up in CO this year and was told that it wasn't happening. I was holding out hope that they were holding back the info, but unfortunately it sounds like they were telling the truth.

22. My thoughts exactly...why to put the BS in BCBS...

23. Lame if true. They announced CO was getting it, and the reps I've talked to in the last month or so said late November/early December

24. patFC320

patFC320 Zealot (75) Colorado Mar 18, 2012

American eagle distributing as of today said that they will Not be receiving any, thus northern Colorado will not see any this year.

25. gueuzer

gueuzer Savant (260) Colorado Jun 9, 2010

I just can't believe AB-Inbev would screw us over. I really thought those guys were all about craft beer drinkers. weird.

26. patFC320

I agree, I was able to secure some. Its flooded in the FT:ISO here, but if you need some locally i can help up to 3-4 bottles.

27. I'd like to get a couple bottles, patFC320. What are you looking for in trade? Unfortunately most things I have are going to be locally available as you could imagine.

28. patFC320

Seanmonaghan13- hit me up with a PM, i definitely wouldnt want to trade for locals, but im sure we can work something out.

29. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

True.
    None is coming.
    We had a full Goose Island tasting with their CO rep a couple of weeks ago for their relaunch into the market.
    Straight from her mouth the word is "no Bourbon County in CO".
    :(
    We've got all the other stuff now, though, including the Belgian 4-packs, which are delicious.

30. tacosandbeer

I heard the same thing back in August..and it hasn't changed.

31. Why would I buy any of the regular lineup when we get screwed out of the bcbs?

32. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

F that, and F U GI, I mean F U InBev. I will NEVER drink another GI product again. ;)

woodchopper likes this.
  33. I say we go on strike from their products. It's all In-Bev crap anyway. Lets support our local breweries who aren't stingy little bitches.

34. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

Well, there is that... I mean, it's like when people come in looking for Yuengling or whatever, and I'm like, "No, but we do have a whole ton of fantastic CO beers, you know."

35. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

Talked to the rep for CO a month ago and she said no fancy stuff (including BCS) until next, don't remember/care about the name of the series' we won't be getting, was a little disappointed though, until I went to Hazel's and looked at their shelves...

36. I understand it's a highly demanded beer and they don't make that much, they're under no obligation to send it here. But don't make an official announcement saying CO is getting it and then renege. Or at least make an announcement saying as much instead of letting the news trickle through the distribution network.

37. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Well i guess i won't be sending you a case then :p

i will set it out by the recycling bin i guess..... :'(
    Ahab will be sad too!

coreymcafee likes this.
  38. or at least flat out tell us we won't get it

39. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

i'm going to boycott goose island, right after this christmas ale is done. :p

tacosandbeer likes this.