1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Stout in KY Sightings?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by wsnich, Nov 20, 2012.

1. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Has anyone heard word about the impending Nov. 26 release of BCBS in KY, as stated by the Chicago news article?

2. Only that BCBS is supposed to be released in KY on Nov 26. Relax. It'll be here.

If you're not already doing it, you may want to ask your local bottle shop what day (days) they get beer deliveries and then make sure you visit them on that day (those days) every single week. I happen to know my local shop gets deliveries on Tuesdays and Fridays. I freaking HAUNT that place on Tuesdays and Fridays. NOTHING gets by me there (least of all BCBS). :)

3. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

You're scary.

deadonhisfeet likes this.
  4. erichall

erichall Aficionado (175) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

Should be in stores soon. I am in etown and received one case at my store. Packages & More Liquors

5. KeithD

KeithD Aspirant (35) Kentucky Aug 4, 2012

Party Town in Florence got 30 cases today. I know where 2 cases went!

deadonhisfeet likes this.
  6. Wow I didn't think they'd go on sale til Monday.

7. jupe13

jupe13 Aficionado (185) Ohio Jan 18, 2006

in N. KY, Party Town still has several cases on the floor. Party Source said they wouldn't get it till Monday.

8. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Chuck's has it in Bowling green.
    You'll have to ask for it.

9. wsnich

Any sightings in Louisville?

tronto likes this.
  10. So should I head up there tomorrow if Liquor Barns doing get it in Lex?

11. lilnicky068

lilnicky068 Savant (340) Kentucky Jan 8, 2010

I just called Liquor Barns on Fern Valley and Hurstbourne and neither of the people I talked to seemed to be familiar with it but said they did not have it.

mfavoino likes this.
  12. Is Party Source for sure getting it today?

13. MajorBuckeye

MajorBuckeye Savant (280) Ohio Jan 8, 2012

+1 to this question. Has anyone been over there to validate? Also curious to know if the Coffee and Cherry Rye are making an appearance....

bradfordjohnson likes this.
  14. Ummm, we havent even gotten regular yet and most local reps haven't heard a thing

15. Party Source in N.KY has 168 4-packs right now with a limit of 2 per person.

wsnich likes this.
  16. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Party Source would get different distribution from Kentucky as a whole. So, it's no surprise it has something most of the state gets later this week.

17. any updates...Ill check Kroger tonight.

18. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Does Kroger carry Bourbon County?

19. That would be shocking if they did. I'm surprised Liquor Barn hasn't received any yet.

20. Once it hits, I won't be surprised if its in AB-Inbev powerhouses like LB or beverage warehouse.

21. JimDH

JimDH Aficionado (215) Kentucky Feb 7, 2011

LB locations in Lexington did today. Limit of one four-pack.

22. All of them? When?

23. JimDH

JimDH Aficionado (215) Kentucky Feb 7, 2011

I just know today. People I know picked up packs at Beaumont and Richmond Road, and was told someone got one at Hamburg. I was just at Hamburg and asked someone if they had any remaining and was told to ask at customer service, but I wasn't shopping for it so didn't follow up.

24. mjweth2

mjweth2 Aficionado (150) Kentucky Jul 24, 2008

The Springhurst Liquor Barn had about a case sitting out in the wine section, not sure if there was more somewhere else though.

25. Got the last 2 at LB Richmond Road around 8:30pm.

26. lilnicky068

Was this today?

27. mjweth2

Yeah it was at about 8:30

28. wsnich

Any sort of limit? Hope some is still around tomorrow afternoon.

29. mjweth2

Nope, no limit that I saw, they let me buy two 4 packs. I'd say there would for sure be some there tomorrow when they open and it was kind of "hidden" in a GI display in the wine section so it might be there a while

30. Had a 1x 4/pk /person in Lexington. Make sure to take a s/o or friend if you want more!

31. lilnicky068

Wife called Springhurst this morning and was told they are now sold out :( Anybody got some extra they want to share??? :oops:

32. wsnich

I do not trust the people there that answer the phones. They will generally tell you something limited is out over the phone but when you come into the store 10 minutes later, they will have it sitting out (ie BCBS last year).

33. tronto

kind of upsetting hearing about all the bcbs that went out this year and so far we've seen Louisville got a case???

34. Seems like this is probably the answer. Granted, I don't know much about beer distribution to KY, but there is a ton of BCBS out there this year. Let me know if you can't find any, and I'll send you a bottle.

tronto likes this.
  35. sabitu

sabitu Aficionado (225) Kentucky Mar 20, 2012

The Springhurst Liquor Barn is not sold out. I just bought a four pack at around 12:30pm today. There were around 4 or 5 four packs left. They have them in a display at the end of the wine section opposite the craft beer isle.

36. tronto

It is now, I called and had my assistant call too. So as of right now, 1 store in louisville got bcbs and barely any from the sound of it. I've called everywhere else it would/could be and nada. Don't they know this IS Bourbon country!

bradfordjohnson likes this.
  37. wsnich

I can assure you that BCBS is at other stores in Louisville. Put down the phone and go visit them, and you'll find some no problem. After the CBS release last year, it isn't uncommon for stores to fib about having a limited release in or not.

Nrcost2 likes this.
  38. Just bought the last of it at springhurst. Now, where is my coffee and cherry rye?

39. erichall

erichall Aficionado (175) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

We received a couple more cases this week in Elizabethtown at Packages & More Liquors. We have the same AB distributor as louisville. It is out there.

We also do not tell people how much we received over the phone. There are a number of rare beer chasers that will try to buy it all and will even send "mules" when I limit the amount of purchases. Had this problem with DFH 120, 3F and Founders limited releases.