Bourbon County Stout in KY Sightings?

Discussion in 'South' started by wsnich, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Arriving via FedEx to my house
    [​IMG][​IMG]

TwelveOunces and tronto like this.
  2. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

2-3 weeks, I believe.

3. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (295) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005 Subscriber

Nice. Did you trade for those? Supposedly, Kentucky will see some soon. How much...who knows. I would love both, but isn't the cherry pricey? I'd still buy it, I'm sure.

4. No, my buddy from college purchased them for me. They were pricey, he snagged these and some BCBS.

5. KYGunner

KYGunner Advocate (500) Kentucky Sep 16, 2012

Called Liquor Barn and was told only a few left in town. Because I had to drive from Winchester Jesse said he would hold one. When he answered the phone I heard the "burg" and figured I'd called Hamburg. Drove to Hamburg and was told they were sold out but Jesse worked at the Harrodsburg Rd LB. Drove clear to the other side, fought the traffic, was nearly car killed but made it,; snatching perhaps the last four pack in Lexington. I hope it's worth it!

6. drfabulous

Hey! You got some. And that's what being a beer hunter (or beer nerd as I call myself) is all about. We have to be crazy enough to drive all over the place for something in life, and if it's not our kids, it might as well be beer.

7. lilnicky068

lilnicky068 Savant (360) Kentucky Jan 8, 2010

Sucks when it doesnt work out though :( (I wasn't able to get any yesterday)

8. erichall

erichall Aficionado (195) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

Did you try other places in louisville that are not called liquor barn?

Old Town on bardstown road, Evergreen in Middletown etc.

If you must shop liquor barn, try the fern valley location for limited beer releases. They get some and do not have the same clientele as the other stores.

9. tronto

tronto Savant (260) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010 Verified

try evergreen, seems like the east side got a bunch and maybe the west side will get it today or next week.

10. reyolb

reyolb Savant (250) Minnesota Feb 23, 2005

Any sightings on coffee or cherry rye in NKY?

11. auroracrisis

auroracrisis Savant (385) Kentucky Oct 16, 2007

I had luck with Evergreen last night. Maybe they still have some today. Also was told by someone at LB Springhurst to check back Tuesday and Wednesday this week since they had already sold all four cases they received last week.

And I also advocate checking the non-chain stores. They seem to keep the limited stuff like this around for a little longer.

12. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (395) Florida May 16, 2011 Verified

any places in danville KY or near there? have a buddy who coaches at Centre and he can bring some down to florida for me if its available!

13. Nrcost2

Nrcost2 Savant (310) Kentucky Dec 3, 2010

Bumping to see if anyone has heard anything about coffee or cherry?

Everywhere I've asked so far seems to have no idea.

14. MajorBuckeye

MajorBuckeye Savant (370) Ohio Jan 8, 2012

I'll take a turn at bumping this up. I'll be in the Northern Kentucky area this weekend, and I was really hoping to find and try some of the coffee. Anyone have any updates?

15. tronto

if it's anything like the release of regular bcbs, then N. KY will see it about a week or two before we see it in Louisville.

16. meanmutt

meanmutt Champion (895) Ohio Feb 6, 2012 Verified Subscriber

I got a bottle of BCBCS at Party Source in Northern KY today....one bottle limit. They didn't have Cherry Rye.

MajorBuckeye likes this.
  17. Stevedore

Stevedore Poobah (1,045) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012 Verified

Anything by Elizabethtown KY? Going to be at Mammoth Cave tomorrow morning and if there's some BCS to be had, I'll gladly go get it.

18. lilnicky068

lilnicky068 Savant (360) Kentucky Jan 8, 2010

Whats the price tag on the coffee?

19. MajorBuckeye

MajorBuckeye Savant (370) Ohio Jan 8, 2012

Awesome! Hopefully they still have some left today and my brother-in-law can get over there in time. Thanks for the notice!

20. meanmutt

$16.99

21. meanmutt

No problem...BTW it's not on the shelf...you have to ask for it.

22. drfabulous

Is Northern Kentucky the only ones so far? I know it's different distribution from rest of the state....

23. I have a feeling it will hit Louisville when I'm out of town over break stuck in Vermont ;)

24. tronto

I got ya covered.

25. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

I'm actually up here. Too bad they didn't get Cherry Rye

26. drfabulous

Stuck in Vermont at Hill Farmstead? :)

tronto likes this.
  27. erichall

erichall Aficionado (195) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

Still have some regular bcs at my store. Packages & more liquors in etown. About 2 miles off interstate. Stop in and say hi.

28. Yep.

29. Stevedore

Ah would have liked to drop by but I've already migrated further south to TN. Perhaps on the drive back up?

30. Stevedore

Ah would have liked to drop by but I've already migrated further south to TN. Perhaps on the drive back up?

31. drfabulous

Jealous. Society and Solitude is now one of my favorite beers. Don't be afraid to stock up and stop in Lexington on your way home. No one will hold it against you.

32. I"m up there every Christmas. I have a list about a mile long of people wanting stuff, but sadly, I'm pretty selfish :)

HopsMatt and tronto like this.
  33. reyolb

Got the coffee stout today!

34. mjweth2

mjweth2 Aficionado (150) Kentucky Jul 24, 2008

Anyone know if NKY still has any coffee stout left?

35. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

They had half a case when I got mine Wednesday. I would say no but just call them.

36. reyolb

Will NKY get some cherry rye?

37. cadizkyguy

cadizkyguy Savant (345) Kentucky Mar 17, 2008

Bumping up again. Will be in nky for a football game sunday. Any chance therez a,stray bottle left. I never get a chance to try this beer. Always,snatched up before I get,a,chance.

38. Heads up. I got a Coffee at liquor barn shelbyville road. The other locations may have got it as well.

lilnicky068 likes this.
  39. drfabulous

Interesting. Any sightings in Lexington?

40. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

Is there any regular BCBS left in Covington area (ie close to the SW Ohio border)? Considering making a drive down from Columbus.