1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bourbon County Stout vs. Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by WYVYRN527, Jan 4, 2013.

1. I have had this year's CW BBS, and you are 100% correct in your assessment.
    These 2 should not even be compared to each other - BCBS blows this shit out of CW - that simple!

I would gladly pay the extra $2 per 12 oz bottle for the far, far superior beer that BCBS is to CW BBS
  2. To me this isn't even close. BCBS is by far the better beer. The CW is ok, but BCBS is so balanced and has everything you want in a Barrel aged stout. Like CW BBS, but way too sweet for me. BCBS is much more balanced.
  3. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

I haven't had either of these 2012 releases, but I have had a TON of previous vintages of each.

I love central waters.

BCBS is roughly 10 trillion times better than CW BB Imperial Stout
    lonewolfcry likes this.
  4. You just wait....
  5. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

I think a blind taste test is in order.
  6. This would be one of the easiest blind taste tests between beers of the same style imaginable given the enormous difference in body. I have regular access to CW BBS so if I find a BCBS laying around I will do a blind tasting.
  7. I did - and it wasn't even close.
    CWBBS tasted like BCBS flavored water - only maybe not quite as thin as water - and not a tenth as good
  8. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (700) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

This thread officially marks the beginning of the end for the craft beer community as we know it....