Brau Brothers to release barrel aged Quad

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by minnesotaryan, Aug 3, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

Should be out late August per their twitter.

[​IMG]

yamar68 likes this.
  2. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 Initiate (0) May 11, 2007 Minnesota

Hmmm, I have concerns with this one. Rye Wyne was a nice beer, but I have doubts on a quad.

3. bwiechmann

bwiechmann Zealot (726) Nov 30, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

The barrels are 2nd use I believe- they housed the first batch of Rye Wyne. I was able to try it from the barrel at Brau Fest and it was pretty stellar then. I will certainly be picking up a couple bottles of this.

4. Bond111

Bond111 Zealot (696) Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

If it's anything like Boulevard's BBQ sign me up!! I did enjoy Rye Wyne btw.

morimech and FUNKPhD like this.
  5. dougofthefuture

dougofthefuture Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2009 Minnesota

I'll beat incutrav to the punch...

Sounds tasty, but I hope it isn't $15.99 like Rye Wyne.

6. mnstorm99

I am sure it will be.

7. incutrav

incutrav Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2007 Minnesota

ha! I actually just saw Rye Wyne at Liquor Barrel today, and i think it was 10.99. Still a tough sell for me when you can get CW 4pks for that price.

Chaz likes this.
  8. durb

durb Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2012 Minnesota

only $13.99 at south lyndale liquors and we still have some, come get another for the cellar!

9. morimech

morimech Grand Pooh-Bah (3,779) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

I would buy a bottle of this. Brau Brothers are getting a nice barrel-aging program going. Was not a big fan of the imperial stout, but all the others I found to be really good beers.

10. gatornation

gatornation Grand High Pooh-Bah (9,502) Apr 18, 2007 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

looks like we have 2 of these threads going

11. mjryan

mjryan Maven (1,485) Dec 22, 2007 Minnesota

IMO all of the large bottles from Brau Bros shave been nothing short of stellar. This should be no exception.

djschnabel likes this.
  12. maximum12

maximum12 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,662) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This beer touched the same material as the Rye Wine? Good to know.

lurpy1 likes this.
  13. jera1350

jera1350 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,017) Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'm thought of Weyerbacher Blasphemy when I heard this news. Awesome!

14. LittleGus

LittleGus Crusader (452) Mar 13, 2008 Minnesota

Why do you have doubts on a quad? I don't really know that much about the style. Is is hard to bring off?

15. mjryan

mjryan Maven (1,485) Dec 22, 2007 Minnesota

I'm not sure why anyone would have doubts about Brau Brothers brewing a quad. Their current lineup of beers and all of their limited release, large bottle stuff are/have been very good. In regards to "quad" as a style, if you can really call it a style, yeah, I suppose it can be tricky. On paper, the best examples in the world are relatively simple, and yet it seems many brewers just don't nail it. Many seem too sweet, or overly malty, or boozy, or worst of all, way too yeast focused (IMHO). It really takes a deft hand to brew such a strong, complex beer, while somehow managing to keep it so subtle and well balanced.

bwiechmann and yamar68 like this.
  16. mnstorm99

I think that beers with sugar additions in general just need alot more attention in the fermentation phase. I do think that Brau Bros seem to be producing better beers, lately. But, to be honest I always approach their beers with a bit of caution.

17. 13mikey

13mikey Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2009 Minnesota

Tell ya what... all you guys that have your doubts can just let me buy the bottles because I'd bet money that it's going to be nothing short of stellar.

18. mnstorm99

Hope your right, I have cheered (cautiously) for Brau to get better since day one. My optimism has grown with Rye Wyne (very nice), and Hopsession (awesome) being their last two releases. But, I have never had anything Belgian from them and have concerns, that's all.

19. Lifeofbrian

Lifeofbrian Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2010 Minnesota

Brau Brothers deserves all the accolades. They have improved!

20. dandykins

dandykins Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2009 Minnesota

Has anyone heard if this has come out yet...? I'm super out of the loop and tried searching, with apologies if I missed anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.