1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Brawley's Black & Blue IV

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by marine1975, Feb 27, 2013.

1. "Wicked Weed Brewing
    1----Freak Double IPA
    2----Hey Porter (Johnny Cash Inspired!) 4 Roses Bourbon Barrel-Aged"

Yeah Buddy!

kexp likes this.
  2. Handle

Handle Savant (395) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

3. Wish I could have made it.. Looks like a killer time.

4. I'm keeping an eye out for this one next year. Hate I missed the boat. Have fun all!

5. Anybody got an extra ticket? Got a buddy interesting in coming along. Thanks!

6. anyone else find it interested/disturbing that B&B is not even listed on the charlotte craft beer week website list of events? I'm sure that the cheese and goose island IPA pairing event at a grocery store is probably going to be just as much fun with people lined up around the block for all sorts of rare cheeses and honkers ale stickers.

If the goal of the site is to truly support craft beer in Charlotte, in its entirety, it seems odd to not even list one of the biggest and probably best event of the week.

HopDiggityDawg, Bung and bryanole27 like this.
  7. ^^ I find it that craft beer week in CLT, while growing, has migrated away from the "Charlotte craft beer week" website to restaurants/bars creating events and promoting them themselves. No offense to the Charlotte Beer Club but the week seems to have gotten too big for them. Last year there were tons of events not on their website. Heck, up until a month ago, they didn't even have a date for the week online.

Bung likes this.
  8. Looks terrible so far. Folks should give/sell me an extra ticket so I can pawn it off to sucker friend. Would save you the agony of having to drink the swill being offered!

9. Handle

10. Looks like the breweries and beer list has pretty much shaped up. As always there could be a few surprises. Breweries and their beer selections could change with no notice. I'm really exited for Friday to get here!

http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/59557

Cheers,
    Shane

Handle likes this.
  11. If you are attending Black & Blue this Friday, Carpe Diem, one of North Carolinas best restaurants has a treat for you! Dine at Carpe Diem before or after and mention that you are attending Black & Blue and you will receive 50% off of Charlotte's best fried chicken. Yea I said it, the best! Carpe Diem will also be the location for the Black & Blue "after party" for those looking for great meal or a nightcap. Please join us at this Charlotte landmark and thank them for having us. You will be glad you did. Especially Saturday morning!

http://www.carpediemrestaurant.com/

Reservations are recommended!!!

woodchopper and wolfeman007 like this.
  12. Handle

Can't wait for tonight. See you guys there!

13. clock is moving extra slow this friday!

Handle likes this.
  14. What an awesome event! The beer selection was top notch, the music was perfect for the scene, and the crowd was a perfect size. Combine that with no lines, and generous pours all around, and you've got something really special. This will definitely become a yearly event on my calendar. A sincere thanks to all involved in putting on this event.

15. abb610

abb610 Savant (290) North Carolina Oct 14, 2010

Best.event.evah. you outdid yourself once again Mr brawley. No way you can outdo yourself again next year.........I dare you

DiscLizard and wolfeman007 like this.
  16. abb610

abb610 Savant (290) North Carolina Oct 14, 2010

beer week is over, nothing will compare

brawleys likes this.
  17. Handle

I'm a day late, but thanks so much to Brawley, Shane, the brewers and everyone else who helped make Black and Blue one of the best events of the year, as is always the case.

What were everyone's favorites?