Breakside Brewery Bottle Release 12/15

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Jason, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Just a quick FYI ... via email.

----------------

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to send out a quick reminder and update about our bottle release for tomorrow. This is our first release since last May, and we are excited to have a number of special beers ready for tap and package. We're releasing five barrel-aged beers starting at noon tomorrow at our brewpub on Dekum. Some (not all) of the beers will also be available on draught. Quantities are limited--ranging from as few as 70 bottles of some beers to 150 of others.

Here is the final list of bottles:
    Imperial Stout (not barrel aged, but delicious nonetheless!)
    Postmodern Lambic
    Chinato Barrel-Aged Saison
    Bourbon Barrel-Aged Aztec
    Old Whiskey Dick 2012

Tomorrow's Tap List at the Pub:
    Dry Stout
    Bourbon Barrel-Aged Aztec
    IPA
    Woodlawn Pale Ale
    Imperial Stout
    Winter Warmer
    New Nordic Porter
    Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Oat Stout
    Oude Noire

A few updates to our original press release about this--all the beers are priced at $14 for 750 ml, except for the Chinato BA Saison, which will be $18. Also, we had originally planned to release the Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Oat Stout in bottles; after going through sensory panel, we believe that this beer may have a light Brettanomyces character. We are currently having the Widmer lab plate the beer and are awaiting results; it tastes great, but we don't want to send out bottles of a Brett beer that wasn't meant to be a Brett beer. Such is the nature of dealing with barrels! That said, we will tap one keg of the beer tomorrow, so folks can try it on draught even if we never release the 750s.

Come have a beer with us tomorrow either at the pub or at our Winter Formal--Sam and I will be selling and enjoying beer all day!

Cheers,
    Ben

2. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Savant (310) Oregon Mar 15, 2008

totally stoked.

3. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (335) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

gonna be an expensive day :D

4. Considering the level of love my wife & I have for Breakside, I'm embarrassed to say we missed the sale yesterday. I went by at around 1pm today and the BA Aztec and Old Whiskey Dick are both gone; if anybody in PDX bought an extra or two of either of them, PLEASE send me a message and let's work out a trade...

Thanks,
    Brian